I can't post pics on Nes blog

without posting pics here. Now that would just be a shame. Pretty soon I will be debuting a new blog picture and by pretty soon I mean, as soon as I get around to doing it, probably this weekend. Just wanted to give you something to look forward to. Last year for the first time in a long time I went home for Xmas. I don't normally like to travel a lot during the holidays but my sister guilted me into going home and I actually had a good time hanging out with my siblings. One night we went out to sushi in Seattle and then afterwards we went to play pool. Kimberly is as picture horny as I am and we already know what a ham Nancy is. I think my siblings made a big effort to spend time with me which I really enjoyed. Little did we know a month later I would be their neighbor, LOL. Here are 2 of the boys in my family Adam is the goof in the back and Andy is to my side. It's weird going back home and seeing my younger brothers and sisters drinking. I'm not used to socializing with them, they're the kids, LOL!

Now I'm back to being the one who's not going to be home for Christmas. My family has no traditions so other then the opening of the presents we're not usually in the same place at the same time, we don't even really do a sit down dinner unless you count sitting in front of the tv which is why I don't really feel the need to be home during the holidays. I love my family and I love being around the "kids" but I don't feel the need to go home this winter. I keep telling them, if we plan a vacation together I'm in but otherwise, it's going to take a lot for them to lure me home, I've been there and done that, there's so many other places in the world I want to go. Is that bad? It's a good thing they had plenty of quality me time when I lived in OR, LOL. I figure pretty soon, they'll be invading my home so I should enjoy the peace and quiet while I can. My brothers want to ho around in new territory and my sisters want to shop, on my dime (that's the part where they're the kids, LOL).
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

6 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Yeah, you know I'm dying to see a new blog pic.... *rolls eyes* LOL!
Love ya chic!
It was weird for me the first time I went home after like 15 years to see my siblings, my sister was a total shock! She could drink with one of my Vegas girls who shall remain nameless LOL!

I'm thinking the DD & I will go see my mom for a few days, it's ok to embarass yourself in front of you kid if it's with your own mom right? LOL!

I've seen one of your brothers, Mr. Adam is a hottie :)
I want to come & shop on your dime too!

Rosie said...

Yeah, when you went home, you sure didn't stay long. LOL. So when are they going to start knocking down the door to visit you? Love the pick with Kim and Nanner. I didn't know Kim was so much like her sister with respect to getting into pictures. LOL. You have great looking siblings, chica! (((HUGS)))

Anonymous said...

I am a loyal reader of TAOBM (even though I don't post all that much *hangs head*) I will make more of an effort...Pinkie swear.

I would love a christmas card...How should I get my address to you?

I can sympathize with you on the whole 'family traditions' thing...My mom is Buddhist and didn't get into the whole christmas season when we were young. It was just a day for opening gifts.

Now that I have my own family, WE DO IT UP. We even have an open door brunch for friends and neighbors on christmas morning. The only catch is...everyone MUST be in pajamas. The kids love it.

BTW, good job with Nes' blog!

Melissa said...

I want a card, too. Everytime I go to look up your email address, I forget what I was doing and end up doing something else.

We always get together for our family Christmas on Christmas Eve day, the day before Christmas.
AFAIK we're still going to my Aunt's in Griffin, would you like to join us? There will be food.
We could pick you up.

We don't do anything Christmas Day. My oldest son always went to his Dad's on Christmas Day (the Dad that I raised him to hate, apparently, so he says - or someone has him believing anyway).
Anyway, John works about every Christmas Day. This year he is scheduled to work, but other years he just agreed to fill in for others, since we do our family Christmas the day before.

NancyB said...

We sure miss you when your not home though... The holidays are always brighter (and way busier) when Leiha is home. I found one of my new favorite hangouts last time Leiha was here - - Her brothers took us to the Garage (where the picures are) it is a combo bowling alley, pool hall, bar and resturant. Her family rocks when they are not being frustrating :)

My familys tradition is to go to a freinds Christmas Eve and then spend the night at my parents. We open gifts and then have egg sausage sufle. I think our house is the only one the adults have to wake up the kids to open presents. :)

I will call Leiha and she can say hi to the whole fam Christmas morning/afternoon because she is part of my clan also. That way my dad can make the SAME joke he always does about the orange salid!

Leiha said...

LOL, I'll do the same thing I do to my sisters when they want me to buy them things, laugh!

Sure, it's ok to embarrass yourself in front of family, it's not like they'll bring it up again in the future *snort*. It'll be good for you to go home and spend some time with your mom.

Rosie Kim has been rumbling about visitin as has David but I think they want me to buy them a ticket so it could be awhile, LOL. As for Kim being picture horny my brother was getting irritated the last time we went out because we spent so much time taking pictures of ourselves:)))

Jennie, yeah, my family didn't always celebrate Xmas due to various reasons and I think I would be like you if I had kids and be totally the opposite and do all kinds of traditions but until then, not so much, LOL. You can email me leihaha@gmaildotcom with your address. I'm so happy you want a card!

Missi, I will email you since I still owe you an email. Missi, thank you so much for inviting me to join you. Dao and I are going to hang out together (but if she changes her mind and goes home I will definitely be letting you know, LOL).

Nancy, those pics were taken at the Garage! Yeah, I do keep you hopping when I'm home (since Nancy works while I recover, LOL). I do wish I was having Xmas prime rib with your family though, yum!