The lap of luxury...

That is the lap I want to be sitting in. Today on a whim Dao and I went for manicures/pedicures. I've been meaning to give myself one for weeks but haven't gotten around to it, it's hard to squeeze one in in between naps. So when we happened to be in the area of her nail salon and she suggested going in I was all for it! Originally I was only going to get a pedicure but there was a $5 difference to get the manicure too so I was all over that. Remember the pedi I got on my birthday? This one was way better. For one thing, the massage on my feet lasted forever and while my feet were being massaged so were my hands, that's when I knew I was in heaven! Since I rarely get manis I didn't know they have these warmers that they place your hands in while the cuticle cream is on, considering it was a brisk day outside it was doubly nice. Apparently posting pics of my feet is considered weird so here is a pic of my hand, LOL. I like to do lighter colors on my hands so when it chips as we know it will, it won't be quite so noticeable. He made my nails more square then I like but he still did a great job. My hands are not manual labor hands and I'm quite ok with that, LOL.

I also decided that I am not a diner kind of gal. A couple of people have told Dao about the Marietta Diner so we figured we had to check it out. It was packed, another good sign but when all was said and done, it was just a diner, a place with a huge menu, tons of options, not a lot done well. I think people go for the huge portions. I did enjoy the strawberry milkshake that we split. We did see some awesome desserts at the register so we would go there for dessert but that's about it.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I love manicures, but anyone who reaches for my feet runs the risk of drawing back a stump >:-)

I love the parafin bath that some manicurists do, hands slathered in creamy lotion, sealed with wax and then put in a plastic glove, then into a warmed terry mit... Ahhhhh

I myself do not dig diners LOL, they are kind of Jack-of-all-trades-masters-of-none in the food department. although, sometimes the desserts CAN atone a little LOL

Anonymous said...

The last manicure I got was part of a "day at the spa" from Tim when I turned 40. What a sweetie.

I am a manicure putz though. Every time I get one, it is ruined in about 3.3 nanoseconds. My daughter has a salon where she gives manicures and pedicures so I get a pedicure from her every so often. For an 8 year old, she gives a mean pedicure!

Leiha said...

Your definition of the diner is perfect Aimee! Unless I'm looking for breakfast foods or dessert I'm going to avoid them even if they are recommended.

Thanks for your warning on your feet (although I didn't have plans to touch them, LOL)

Karen, I love the fact that your daughter is havin fun giving you pedis and you get to sit there and enjoy! That's good training on your part, LOL. Yeah I am happy if a mianure lasts beyond a couple of days.

And yes, we know how awesome Tim is, tell him I said hi:)

Rosie said...

I love manicures. In fact I decided that I was going to get one this weekend. Right after our bowling party on Saturday night. I can't bowl with nails. LOL. I just don't want them too long. I'm not fond of people working on my feet either. I had one once and was very uncomfortable. I can't see your pic on the blog, though. What up with that?

NancyB said...

I love people working on my feet... anyone who feels the need to slather them with lotion and massage it in just let me know... I am sure there must be openings in my schedule for that!

Know what would make that even better? If I could have that footwork while eating at a diner! Really if I eat at a diner I order breakfast - which has been pointed out is hard to mess up. I do have one favorite diner, it has the yummiest pork chops. But that about limits what I order there porkchops and breakfast. Dont worry Leiha I wont try to take you there - We can go to the all you can eat sushi instead :)

Leiha said...

That's weird Rosie, I can see my picture. I hope you can see it now. Just because you had one bad pedi you shouldn't rule them out. I love looking down and seeing my pretty feet, LOL.

Nancy, I've seen your feet and I'm not playing with them, LOL.

Yeah, let's do sushi instead of a diner!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I still haven't seen the pic, all I see is the dreaded red X :(

Melissa said...

I saw it earlier, but now I only see the Red X.

Leiha said...

Weird, now I don't see it, LOL. Dang blogspot!