I love to bring people into my world!

That's part of the reason I do a blog, LOL. So today Brenda (AKA BAM) and her hubby and daughter came over so we could go out to eat. They drive almost 2 hours to get to me, I'm worth it, LOL. I did offer to drive out there but I guess I'll wait til their pool is opened. I already let them know how much a fan I am of barbeque (I always need to lay the groundwork for future meals).

When they showed up, I was singing karaoke, I know, what a shocker! So then I had to try to get them to sing. Charlie (daughter) was being shy so I had to break the ice by singing, LOL. After they were shocked and mazed by my talent they were ready to sing, next thing you know they've all sung and by then I was ready to eat! So karaoke was put on hold while I took them to a korean restaurant. They had never eaten korean food. They LOVED it! Even Charlie! She ordered shrimp fried rice but she was chowing on the beef from the grill. This korean restaurant uses coals instead of a gas grill and you can taste the smoky taste, it's really delish.

Once we've eaten until we could eat no more we came back home. I thought they would be ready to hit the road but not with the lure of karaoke, it was awesome! We all sang. When we weren't singing we were chatting and then we were singing some more, I have to say, they were pretty brave in some of their choices. Charlie sings a beautiful Amazing Grace, Brenda is no Right Said Fred and Brian did an awesome Beatles. 3 more converts, yay!

I was so full from lunch that there was no dinner tonight, well, I did have a dinner of 3 cookies, LOL. There's always room for cookies!

As you may have noticed I have a new blog pic. This is just an interim pic until I take some new ones, Santa Leiha is now dated, LOL. Someone on Karen's board posted a link to this site where you can create your own avatar. I've been playing, LOL. Here's the link if you want to play. If you send me your creation I'll post it for you. Create avatar here

Here's Ms Chez! Don't know what I love more, the devil's tail or the slippers, LOL. She calls hers the avatar of Freedom!Do you know who this asian goddess is? You're right, she's not a goddess, it's Nes, what was I thinking, LOL! Why does this whip look so natural in Aimee's hand? And the casual me. I do like to show some skin! Wish they would have had a tattoo to add to the belly, LOL. Notice my mouth is always open, I did try to make her true to life! Here's Karen from Michigan. Why are we so drawn to the whips? Is that why we all get along so well? I think it just looks right, LOL. As for Mich, she doesn't need a whip, her mouth is her whip (as you've seen by her posts, LOL) she needs a bottle! Enjoy the Corona chick! Whose idea was it for those damn dogs?Here's Lina, you may not be able to tell but the shoes and purse are designer, LOL. I have to say, it's a bold fashion choice by Ann but it's sort of hot! Linda's computer was not working when she tried to do her avatar so I was tasked with the job of dressing the fashion plate, eak! I have to say, I'm pretty happy with the results! I think it's the bling, she likes to blind me with it, LOL. Also, I'm doing a New Year's Eve chat instead of going out so those of you who are on yahoo I will be on about 10ish my time, which is eastern standard time. I would love for more of our gals to join in the fun. So far I know it's Aimee, Rosie, Nancy and probably P.C. and a drunk Nes. I forgot to go buy the champagne today so it's grey goose for me tomorrow. Bring your own booze and Chez, I know you have YIM, you should pop in, it's ok to drink some vodka in the am as long as you're not drinking alone, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

15 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

I love it, chick! Sounds like a great time. And I'm so glad that Charlie came out of her shell and sang for you all!!! The Korean food sounds yummy as usual. I swear, I get full just reading your posts. *G* Smooches!!!!!

Leiha said...

Girl, you were posting even as I updated, LOL. Oops, even as I type this I think of something else I wanted to put on my blog *G*.

You know I love me the korean and the karaoke!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I had to get me one of those avatars LOL So cute!

Sounds like you had fun today!
MWAH!

Nes said...

Hey! What "a drunk Nes"... Hmph! That's about 4am our time, I'm sure I'm sober by then. Or passed out. LOL!

Great to hear you've converted a few more. Maybe we should start selling those magic mics! We'd be rich!

Leiha said...

It was a fun day Aimee, you know I love to eat and I love to sing and even more, I do love being with my friends!

A drunk Nes would be who I was chatting with last night, LOL. The funny thing is Charlie has a karaoke machine but nothing lie what we have, I'm sure they'll be buying one as soon as Christmas is paid for, LOL.

Nes said...

I was slightly buzzed! I was not drunk! Ha!

Love the avi's. As you could tell, I made one too. LOL! Thanks for the linky it was fun making it!

MWAH!

Anonymous said...

Dang girl, you're fast! I just sent that to you a little bit ago. And then I remembered to say that I wouldn't/couldn't be on your NYE thing since I am actually going out with my hubby.

Tim and I are going to hear several blues bands who are playing near us. The kids were planning on spending the night at his sister's house anyway, so we figured we'd take advantage of it. The venue is about 2 miles away, so we could even walk, even tho it's doubtful!

I posted a blurb at Jennie's blog. Hope she reads it soon. I'm so excited to have another RBL near me!

Leiha said...

Only slightly drunk? Didn't you need to puke, LOL! I'm glad you slept in this morning, you'll need it to party hard tonight!

Karen, that's great that you two are going out tonight! Being so close to your house you can drive there and if you both get really drunk (LOL IF!) then you can take a cab back and Tim can walk back tomorrow to get the car while you recover, LOL. Have a great time tonight chick! I hope your leg is up for a little dancing!

Jennie, definitely checks her blog so it'll be cool if you two can hook up. Make sure to take pics when you do and of course, Jennie will have to blog about it, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I still have a slight limp, but I can always dance. Besides, I can always bump and grind next to my hubby!

Leiha said...

Have fun bumping and grinding with Tim and with enough alcohol you won't be feeling any pain! You could be doing the running man at midnight, LOL!

Jennifer said...

Hey chick! I need to sign up for a YIM account, I have AIM. I've never used the AIM account, but apparently I can video chat with it. Can you do that on YIM too? I'm clueless. LOL

I left my email for you, Karen, after your post on my blog, in case you didn't feel comfy posting yours. Now you know, when we get together there's going to be lots of pics because I haven't met any of my RBL sisters in person!

Okay, I have a question for you L. The couple of times I've eaten at a Korean restaurant, they bring out a tray with all these delish condiments ( kim chee, crunchy veggies,etc. all in little ceramic dishes). Is this always served, no matter what you order, or do you have to ask for it specifically? What is it called? Okay, that's 2 questions. I think that's my fave part of the whole meal...oh and I love Korean rice, it's so sticky!

My kids love seeing you and Nes karaoke. I can just imagine how much fun it would be in person.
Good for Charlie for reaching out and connecting with her inner Diva! Woot!

Leiha said...

Jennie, with your mac you can't do voice chats with YIM but I think you can wait google talk and AIM just with other mac users (like moi). You can to webcam though and if you have a built in cam it is realy easy to get it going. Once you get on YIM we can talk you through it. YIM is not totally compatible with mac like it is with PCs, like you can't save your chats unless you copy and paste them somewhere. That's the biggest inconveneince to me. I posted my screen name at your blog or you can email me tonight.

The side dishes are normal at korean restaurants and my favorite part, it's like free food. It pretty much comes with your meail if you get entrees bu if you don't get the meat then you may not get them. I know what it's called but don't know how to spell it. I always ask for more too, LOL. My favorite dish is kalbi, it's usualy the most expensive meat too but it's so good!

I'm glad that we can entertain your kiddies, LOL. Just wait til Su girl gets here!

Michele said...

Adorable Avatars!

Just popping in to say

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Oh yea, singing? I turned into a ham when I got behind the mike. The most disturbing thing about it is that someone TAPED me!! Now I've got blackmail footage out there, LOL!!!!

Glad you had such an awesome time!!

TTFN!

Anonymous said...

Darn Leiha... I'm behind in reading your blog so I didn't see you were gonna chat. Grumble grumble. Hopefully I can catch you next time. Happy New Year!

Leiha said...

Sara, you miss a day you miss a lot when it comes to my blog, LOL. Don't worry, I'm sure we'll do it again.