A trashy recipe

While surfing my emails looking for something I came across this recipe. When I was in Chattanooga I totally loved their potato dis because it was just like this dish and voila, I have the recipe to share. My friend Tyler brought this to a Christmas dinner we went to almost a year ago hosted by our friend Stephanie. I fell in love with this dish. It's not healthy but it's soooo yummie. Due to the corn flake crust I don't think it's as good the second day because it gets soggy but that doesn't stop me from eating it the next day, I just scrape off the crust.

Tyler's Trailer Trash Potato Casserole

2 lb frozen hash browns
1 stick margarine, melted
1 pint sour cream
½ cup chopped onion
2 cup grated cheddar cheese
1 cup grated velveeta cheese (optional - only for true trash)
1 can cream of chicken soup (undiluted)
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper

Combine everything EXCEPT the hash browns. Once everything's mixed together (use your hands), add the hash browns. They should be slightly thawed.

Spread out in a 9 X 13" pan.

Now it's time to make the topping:
2 cup crushed corn flakes
½ melted butter

Mix together and sprinkle on top of the casserole. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour, then 10 more minutes uncovered. Make sure everything is good and melted.

I don't have a picture of Tyler from that night because he left early to go to another party but I do have a picture of Julie, Stephanie, Brian and I at a bar we went to afterwards. I love this picture because Brian looks like some perv who jumped into the picture, LOL. He's incredibly sweet and if his name sounds familiar it's because he was the host of our fondu mis-adventure back in April (when fondu becomes a fondon't).
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Ok it sounds good except for the corn-flake crust... Not to sure about that part LOL!
Looks quick & easy to make too, that's always important.
Yeah, I admit, Brian looks just a TAD scary there LOL!

Rosie said...

Wow, I can't believe you posted this recipe. We were just talking about Xmas dinner and I brought up this dish that I had had somewhere else but didn't have the ingredients. Thank ya, sista!!! I can't wait to make this. It is so yummy!

NancyB said...

If this recipie is as good as the cheesey potatoes we had in TN I will make this every day!
And dont you worry - I will make this extra trashy! MMMMM

Leiha said...

I didn't think I would like the corn flake crust but it is a really nice topping, give it a shot, you can always scrape it off. As for Brian we tease him like crazy because he looks like a superfreak in all of his pictures.

Rosie, your boys will love this dish. I'm so tempted to make it myself but the I would be eating it all myself. Maybeo for Xmas I'll splurge, LOL.

Nancy, it is just as tasty if not a tad more so, if I do say so myself, and I do. And I have no worries that you will trash it up, slut that you are!

Melissa said...

We like taters, I think I'll give this one a try for the boyos.

Leiha said...

Aimee, you have a picture up, yayyyy! OMG, Nancy is a big time slut, are you kidding me, LOL.

Missi, you'll have to check back in and let me know how the boys like it. I think it's delish!

NancyB said...

I am a big time wanna be slut - big diffrence!

Leiha said...

I hope you can get your sluttiness on soon chick!