I should have said check back in the afternoon...

I'm not much of a morning person, LOL. Don't get me wrong, I've been awake for hours it sometimes just takes me awhile to do anything.

My neighbor Franklin had been out of town so I called him yesterday to get all of the details because I'm a nozy wench. He called me back when I got home but I had just laid down to take my nap. I offered to get up and gab with him but he told me to take my nap and then call him, what a good friend. Once I woke up I called him, I was going to make dinner for him (don't laugh!) and needed to run to the store and liqour store. He had to make a run too so we went together.

Of course, I wanted to greet him properly so when he knocked on my door I was singing karaoke! Had to show off my new toy but then I was hungry so I shut it off and dragged him out the door with me, LOL. On the drive home from Karen's yesterday I had gotten a craving for beef salad. That is my favorite thing of my mom's. It's such a simple thing but I can never get the recipe right. I have a problem with the dressing. My mom makes her own dressing and it's a simple oil and vinegar, with salt, sugar and pepper but I can never get the portions correct. As I was driving I had an AHA moment. I'll use the dressing I use for the cucumber salad, voila! Only problem is, all I have in my house is the fixings for the dressing nothing for the salad and as I was driving home it was rush hour and traffic was a bear so I just wanted to get home as soon as possible.

So off Franklin and I went, chattering away and catching up. Usually in my salads I like a lot of stuff but in beef salad the ingredients I use are simple. I prefer to slice up flank steak thinly but I didn't see any so I grabbed some pre-sliced meat, I like bibb lettuce but iceberg will do. Because the meat goes on there warm I don't like the leaf lettuce as much for this recipe, actually thinking back I think the iceberg is best for this. I also put in cucumbers and red onions and that was it. I think I could have added cilantro but not much else. It's very similar to a thai beef salad. Basically you put together your salad, make your dressing so that when you are done stir frying your meat with your favorite seasonings you pour the meat right on, add some of the juices and then add the dressing. It's scrumptious, easy and I ate myself silly. Franklin wasn't hungry but he did say it smelled delish and he wished he could eat. Don't worry, I ate for him.

So we sat around gossipping and catching up until I decided it was time to turn the karaoke on. Franklin actually thanked me for singing after the first song, he enjoyed it so much. He said I had a lovely voice and I'm sure it wasn't the booze talking. I did tell him I can only sing a couple of songs well, didn't want to get his expectations high. Then it was time for us to get our groove on so we were up and singing to Bonnie Tyler at the top of our lungs. Shannon, our other neighbor called so we had her come join the fun and she brought cookie dough with her. I popped them into the oven while eating some dough to tide me over, LOL. Both she and Franklin were mighty impressed with my system. They have a friend who has a karaoke set up but she has to change CDs out whereas I have hundreds of songs stored in my microphone. Shannon wouldn't take the mic but she wants to borrow it and play at home, being the generous soul I am, I will let her but not for too long, you know I need my karaoke fix. They didn't think it was weird that I sing everyday. I told them I was working on my craft, LOL.

I had fixed myself a drink to go with dinner, sparkling cider and vodka. It tasted good at first then started to taste like cough syrup, I still drank it naturally but I didn't continue drinking. The first drink made me tired. Nancy thinks I should have kept drinking and I would have been raring to go. As it was I left Shannon's at 11:30 to come home and go to bed (I had gone to check out her tree). Franklin and her can stay up drinking all night long, not I, LOL.

She's having a Xmas party on Sunday for the condo so I guess I will get to know the rest of my neighbors. I haven't talked much to anyone else. I will be bringing a cheese tray, she has the sweets taken care of and my karaoke! Nothing says a party like karaoke, didn't you see the Office this week? They're excited at the thought of me talking about the party on my blog, as they should be. I promise to take pictures because I am dressing up, I have so few reasons nowadays and I have a dress I've been dying to share with you.

Also, some more good news. I found my toner! It was at the Vitamin Shoppe. Weird but true. The rosewater smells a lot better then the witch hazel and must say I'm starting to feel a difference. All of the cleansing I was doing with water was stripping my face. Too bad I don't have the ability to let you touch my face but if you want to in person, you are more then welcome to, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Rosie said...

Yummy, sounds like a good salad. I may have to try that. I love beef in my salads, especially steak. Sounds like you and the neighbors are getting on mahvelous, dahling! I can't wait to hear how the party goes with your karaoke groove thing going on. Should be loads of fun, chica!! MWAHHHHHH!!!!!

Leiha said...

I bought my cheese and olives tonight so I'm ready for the party! Tomorrow I will spend the afternoon beautifying, LOL. You should try the salad, it's yummy and simpe!

Anonymous said...

Leiha honey--Franklin and Shannon were just being POLITE! DO NOT think that you sing well--they were just being POLITE!! Do you understand--BEING POLITE!!

BTW does the machine have a MUTE button? snort!

Leiha said...

LMAO! Too late, I already think that! At least my neighbors are not as RUDE as some people I know!