I almost got a sunburn today...

First off, I really want to be in bed right now but since I didn't do a blog Fri night I knew I had do this before I went to bed even though I had a couple of drinks and you know that makes me want to sleep, shoot, being awake makes me want to sleep, LOL. But I didn't want Mich to wake up and not have something to keep her entertained while drinking her coffee of course, she could listen to me singing again, that would be a morning joy for her.

Dao called my today to see if I wanted to go eat. Hello, does she not know me? But what I really wanted to do was go to the movies. I have been craving popcorn for a couple of days and I wanted to see the new Will Smith movie so we decided to go eat lunch and then go to the movies. Since it was such a glorious day and we needed to be close for the movies we went to a Cuban restaurant called La Fonda which isn't too far from me. They have outdoor seating. I seriously think I got some sun today, LOL. Dao and I ordered the Paella del Mar. The problem was, we were both ravenous and I ordered some guac to go with our chips and basically I got full on the chips and guac which was really good. But have no fear my dear readers, I was able to make a dent in our paella, LOL.

Once we were done eating I was no longer craving popcorn, hence, no need to go to the movies, LOL. Plus, it was opening weekend. So we skipped the movie and came back to my place. Dao only hung out long enough for us to sing a couple of songs. She scored higher then me, I will never hear the end of that, LOL.

After my nap it was time to get ready for the condo party. Since I rarely have reasons to dress up you know I was going to do it up. Yep, I even put the contacts in. I made a beatiful cheese tray as my contribution. I also brought my karaoke but we couldn't get it hooked up, bummer. Unfortunately, other then a couple of freinds of Shannon's and Franklin I was the only other condo member to show up. I hate people who flake out (unless that person is me, LOL). But it doesn't matter because I looked fabulous (this pic was taken after the first drink and the hair went a little flat). You can't really see the details of the dress but it is a flowered lace type pattern. A pretty conservative dress by my standards (look at the neckline) but I think it's a fun fabuous dress. I bought a black velvet belt to wear under the boobs but I didn't like the way it looked so I will have to just buy the ribbon to tie under next time.

Since not a lot of people showed up I was able to squeeze in watching the Survivor finale which made me happy, go Yul, woot woot! Don't worry, I talked during the commercial breaks, LOL. I really do love hanging with my neighbors, they crack me up and their friends were fun too. I can totally see myself hanging with them, well, when I choose to actually leave my abode.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

Too bad the party.. but like you said, you looked great! And you do! I love the dress! Is that the one you bought about a month ago?

Paella at a Cuban restaurant? LOL! Well, maybe better that way as Cuban food isn't really good. The Spanish ones are better.

BTW, high score don't mean shit! JK scores 99 and we both know he's worse than you are... LOL!

NancyB said...

It is so nice to see you sitting outside in a tank topin December... I scraped ice off my windows before driving to work hoping we would not have another wind storm and giving thanks I have power at my house.

Leiha said...

Yup, I've been dyng for a reason to wear it. It's super comf, I think I need to work it into my rotation instead of just using it for special occasions. The saleslady wears hers with jeans, I may have to check that out. Dao says I'm too short to do that but since when has that stopped me?

That was some kind of backhanded compliment, LOL.

So I guess I shouldn't tell you that I ran my errands today in a shorts and a tank top? I'm glad that you have electricity chick! Stay safe!

Jennifer said...

You look great in that dress and I love the boots. Too bad more neighbors didn't show, but at least the company was good and you caught Survivor.

I wish "I almost got a sunburn today"...My shoulders won't see sun until...oh late May/early June. Even though it's cold in MI, I don't think we're having a White Christmas this year. If it's gonna be cold, it could at least be pretty!

I heard good things about the WS movie. Oprah had the guy who wrote the book on her show...I guess it's his true story. Very inspirational, heartbreaking at times. I want to see this one too.

Leiha said...

A long long time ago, in a land far away I used to live in MI and I still remember the snow being so high my dad had to tunnel out of the door. Nope, I could never do those winters again, LOL. I hope that you get a milder winter this year chick!

Yeah, I figure the pursuit of Happyness will make me cry and make me feel good too. Who knows if I will actually drag my butt to go see it, LOL.

Rosie said...

I love the dress, chica! That food looked way awesome too. No wonder you didn't have any room for popcorn. I want to see that Will Smith movie too. I also want to see the new one with Ben Stiller. It looks so comical. Too bad you guys didn't get to do the karaoke, I know you would have kicked butt there. Oh well, there's always new years. *G* MWAH!!

Leiha said...

Yep, the neighbors will have to come to my pad, you know I'm an excellent host *G*. I'm not a big Ben Stiller fan, I don't dislike him I just think he plays the same character in every movie, I'll pass on that but think the boys will love it.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Hey chic, you look fab in that dress!
We had sun too, but uhm it was only like 30 degrees out LOL
So there was not a bit of tank-top action happening LOL!

Leiha said...

It's strting to cool of here, I may have to limit my out of doors adventures if it drops below 50, LOL.