The holiday crunch....

Are you starting to feel it yet? I certainly am. Tonight I spent the evening working on my Christmas cards. I had planned on at least addressing the envelopes this weekend but even that didn't happen. Have I written a word, no (and really, not many words will go into my cards) but lucky lucky people will get a picture of moi inside. That, my dears, is what I was working on tonight. It took many hours and the help of 2 people but I have a picture I am going to use. It's not perfect but at this point I can't wait for perfection, LOL. Too bad my hair falls so quickly, even with mousse and a can of hairspray the curls did not last long and Shannon did a fabulous job with my hair. The funny thing is, I ended up using one of my self portraits (taken while she went tinkle) instead of the ones she took (but she took my 2nd favorite pic, LOL). Franklin was there for entertainment and to bring us pizza rolls while she was doing my hair (a very important job!).

Tomorrow Dao and I will do our version of holiday baking. I don't know how well it will turn out. My contribution will be Nancy's super easy chocolate covered pretzels. I am not even making my saltine cracker recipe this year, LOL. To do Nancy's super secret super easy pretzel recipe you buy vanilla almond bark, melt it in the microwave and dip your pretzels into it. The key to a successful pretzel to almond bark ratio is using a chopstick to tap the pretzel on the bowl. Mine were too thick last year (thinking more is better) and I did not have a good salty/sweet balance, a thin layer is all you need. Of course, I like to do my own spin so I melted some dark chocolate so I could drizzle it over the top for looks, I say, it's not worth the effort. Hard to get a good drizzle, LOL. Dao wants to give some baked goods to her co-workers so I figure I can bring some to mine. The postal workers will be happy!

Now let's talk about shopping or my lack thereof. Considering I make my own hours at work I have absolutely zero excuse for not only not having mailed presents but not bought them either. Now if it's something I'm excited to give then I'm all over it. If I find something special for a person I can't wait to give it to them. That is not the case when shopping for my family. have no freaking idea what to get them. A couple of them told me what they wanted and guess what? They got them! The others, well I have no clue. I'm past the point of getting gift cards and will be sending checks (with my fabulous Xmas card) this year. Such a cop out, I know! It's not like my family is overly sentimental. Plus, I'm giving checks to people I know are not getting me anything so actually, I am exuding the spirit of Christmas when you think about it like that. Wow, I feel so much better. Well, I'll feel even better ten that when I get my checks and cards mailed out. Hopefully tomorrow is the day. I did buy stamps!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

*taps foot* I am waiting anxiously for my pressie! I can’t wait to get it! Slacker! I better get it at least before new years! And please tell me, maybe it’s because I’m European and don’t understand, but what’s the difference between gift cards and checks. They’re both just about the same right? *scratches head* I can’t wait to see your Christmas card! No sneak preview?

So Nanner’s super SECRET super easy pretzel recipe is not a secret anymore. LOL!!! This year we will be in Belgium for Christmas and I don’t have to make anything! Yaaay! I can just relax and sing for them the whole time! They will be so happy with me! LOL!

Rosie said...

Mmm, nothing is better than a sweet/salty chocolate covered pretzel. I have two boxes at home, but they're store bought. I love that you have thought of your "co-workers" at the post office enough to share baked goods with them. *G* You're such a good person. *smooches* I can't wait for my card!!!!!

NancyB said...

WHAT!! THATS IT MISSY!!

Giving away my super secret super easy pretzel recipe - Tisk Tisk. Just for that I may not send you any of the pain in the ass not super easy fudge I made last weekend. Nothing like a little boiling butter and sugar to keep me focused.

I cant wait to get your card, you'd better get them in the mail or they will be New Years cards like mine :)

Leiha said...

LOL, well considering I haven't mailed your present yet Nes New Year's will be pushing it but you never know, it may be a Xmas miracle (the miracle being me getting to the market this week, LOL).

I am 3 hours into making these pretzels and I am pooped! Forgot to mention the labor part of the super secret super easy recipe.

I've been so busy doing the pretzels that I haven't been workng on my cards but don't worry, they're for sure going out tomorrow.

Girl, I think you've only ever mailed me your xmas candy once in 18 years. I won't be holding my breath, LOL.

Leiha said...

Nes, I forgot to answer your question. A gift card and check aren't that different except the check shows I put zero effort into it, LOL. I figure this way they could spend it at the store of their choosing, LOL.

Nes said...

Aaaah, now I get it! Thanks for the clarification. So if I get a check from you next time, then I'll know how much you love me... :P

Leiha said...

Well, if it's good enough for my family..........