Do Ray Me Fah So La Tee Do!

Yesterday my Xmas present came in from Nes but I was out and about (yes, I sometimes leave the apartment) so I had to wait until today to pick it up. But then I went to Karen's so I had to wait until I got home to set it up. I already knew what I was getting. Nes pinged me and asked me if I would like her old karaoke system for Christmas? Would I? Hello?!?! I did spend hours and hours singing when I was at Nes'. So I have been anxiousely awaiting my package, which included a chocolate letter L for Sinter Klaas. Since I had some errands to run before I went to K's I got to her house later then I normally do which means I left later then I normally do but that's not a problem because I go opposite of traffic. It is a problem though when there is a major accident on the freeway and the overhead signs are saying get off of the freeway so a trip that normally takes me an hour and a half took me over 3 hours and throw in a stop at a bookstore in Gainesville it took me almost 4 hours to get home, ugh!

Not only am I stuck in traffic and trying to find my way via side streets that everyone and their mother are taking but I'm ravenous. I left early and ate some cereal and that was it. Thank goodness for the chocolate letter Nes sent. I was gnoshing on that and I think that's the only thing that kept my stomach from eating itself. As soon as I came home I dropped everything I brought home (gently) and made my dinner (campbells soup!) and had just enough time to eat before Survivor came on. But as I was watching Survivor my microphone was calling my name so I had to open it up and see how hard it was to set up. Turns out, super easy so before you know it I'm singing away. At first I really couldn't hear my voice so I had to bring the music level down so I could fully hear myself because you know how important that is and then I was off and singing. I did tune in to see who got voted off Survivor and I watched Scrubs but then spent the rest of the evening singing away. Unfortunately for you all, there is no record function so I only get to share my brilliance (or lack thereof) with my poor poor neighbors. So what could have been a crappy ending to the day ended up on a high note (well not that high, my voice has a very limited range, LOL).
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

4 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

What a day! I think I get more tired dealing with congested traffic than actually running errands. Good thing you had the chocco to tide you over.

I'm gonna ask my 'go-to' Mac genius if there is any way for you to record from your kmachine thru your macbook.

My son Jake does this all the time. He's the lead guitarist for the band SimplySick. You can see pics and watch him play on their myspace page. I don't really like metal music but they do a nice cover of "Push It" and hey, that's my kid! Okay, enough braggin! *G*

Anyhow, I'll check on that...

Leiha said...

That would be cool if your mac genius could help. how wonderful to have your own genuis at home, LOL. My mic is one of those karaoke mics that plugs directly into the tv with rca video and audio cables.

Jennie, can you come back and post his myspace link? I would love to check it out (I'm horrible at finding anything on myspace). You can brag here anytime.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I got my prezzie from Nes first, how weird is that, because you are actually closer LOL!

I can sympathize with the freeway crap, I remember when I drove to Nancines this summer, the construction made it take at least 2 hours longer, that is 100% BLECH!

LOL you ate the choc to keep from starving! I can't eat sweets when I'm truly hungry.

Yaya that your enjoying your gift from Nessie so much!

(Who cares what the neighbors think, heh)

Leiha said...

I certainly don't care what the neighbors think since I have been singing every day and night, LOL.

I hate getting stuck in traffic. I swear, the trafic here is worse then in LA.

I'm not a big chocolate eater but when I'm hungry, I'll eat anything, LOL.