I have too many friends...

I can't believe how many Xmas cards I filled out tonight! I thought I was wittling down but as I subtracted I would add. I think maybe next year I'm going to only send cards to people who send me cards (and or gifts, LOL). Right now I have 5 Xmas cards on display, why am I sending out 50? That is not even my final count, I ran out of scrapbook tape so I have to finish the rest tomorrow. That is going to be my plan for next year. Yes, people could be running late (like me) but I don't really expect an influx of 40 cards in the next week. Not that I hold it against them, some people don't do cards, there have been years where I didn't send one (and have felt incredibly guilty) but I definitely don't think I'll be sending out this many next year (unless I have a super fab picture of myself to share then all bets are off, LOL).

I'm totally exhausted tonight. Spending the day standing over the counter making Nancy's super secret super easy chocolate covered pretzel recipe is hard labor! My legs hurt, my feet hurt and I'm pooped! I talked to Nancy about this phenomenon and the reason she doesn't experience it is because she does her pretzels sitting on the couch, not in the kitchen. Something to be aware of if you want to do this project at home. Some other bad news, my camera battery was dying so I only have a couple of pics but I'm too tired to post one. I will show you tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I'm going to the post office but they will not be getting any pretzels. Apparently Dao would like to give some to everyone and their brothers so I left most of them with her. I brought 2 little baggies home to give away. I'm debating whether to do some from here while sitting not standing but I don't know. I think I need to recover first. I also have my pap tomorrow. Tomorrow is full of all kinds of joy for me, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

When Leiha told me her feet hurt from making pretzles I was really confused, you are supposed to use your hands to make them, not your feet! But she is right, I use the coffee table and watch TV when I make them. Even my poor mom with the broken foot made some this year without hurting her feet.

I braved the mall yesterday. It was way better than what I imagined. I stoped in to Williams and Sinomas (the kitchen store) to see if they had ove gloves, they didnt even know what they were! Immagine that! They need to shop at the As Seen On TV moore.

Nes said...

I haven't sent out Christmas cards in years, like I told you before, I make the CD's and it's funny when you said; hey you can still make them before you leave.. You know how many I have to make?! LOL!

Now I feel guilty for recieving so many and not sending anything back at all... but I'll make it New Years cards instead.

LOL! When I saw that you were "away" yesterday I figured you were busy making those pretzels so I decided to leave you alone. Glad to hear they turned out well, even though the super secret, super EASY recipe wasn't as easy as you thought they were. LOL!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I have tried to be good about sending cards out, but by the time I decide who gets one and fill them out, I have tendonitis.
I didn't send out one singe card this year. Bah humbug? Yeah maybe a little LOL, what I feel bad about is that most everyone will be getting their gifts AFTER the holidays, but that's what happens when you procrastinate.... *sigh*
I wish I was there to eat some pretzels with you, I love fresh ones!
BLECH for the pap chic, a most necessary evil, but still my most hated time of the year LOL!
I'm in Oregon this week, and my mom watched your Karaoke last night, she too was astounded at the size of your balls! LMAO!
How is my Ob-La-Di coming?

Leiha said...

LOL, I can't see buying the ove glove at WS but I guess it was worth the shot. I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought.

I think after my nap I will be 100% recovered from my pretzel making adventure.

Nes, a Xmas CD is totally awesome and a great replacement for a card.

Hey chick! Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye before you left but I'm glad that you're safely at your mom's and more importantly introduced her to my blog, LOL. Have a great time with your mom!

Jennifer said...

I'm sorry, but you're prolly gonna get a New Year's card from me too *shameful*

The whole family's been so sick, which makes it hard for me to DO anything. The dh is starting to feel better at least...we have more shopping to do too. I seem to leave all the hard-to-buy-for people last. His side of the family. For some reason, he thinks it's funny when he says to me "They should be glad to get something, they're usually bad so just pick anything!" Is he serious? I wish he would notice how his Mamma looks at ME when he buys her an idiot gift!

PAP? Just get it over with, and you'll be g2g for another year. But don't you hate it when they tell you to scoot down further? Hello! My arse is halfway off the table and now you want me to relax my muscles? What part of this whole position would induce someone to RELAX? *ggg*

Anonymous said...

Good girl for getting your pap done! I'm proud of you. I always wonder why it's such an issue? it only takes a couple minutes and it's worth it for the peace of mind... :)

BTW- I LOVE my Ove Glove... though I feel sort of dirty saying that out loud.

Chez said...

Oh it's good to see someone who suffers for her chocolate. Sore footsies are a small price for what sounds so yummy.
Pap smears are one of those necessary evils, but well worth the hassle. Have you heard about the new vaccine against cervical cancer for young girls. My girl is getting a jab as soon as it's available.

Leiha said...

Aimee, I've been too busy to sing, I know, it's a shame but I think tomorrow I'll be back on my singing track. You and your mom will have your song to enjoy sometime soon.

Jennie, if I talk to people during the year on a regular basis (say, via my blog)then I give you more leeway on the cards, LOL. I hope that your family gets better and I would still love to see a New Year's card.

Yup I had to scoot further down and my butt was already at the edge! It wasn't that painful, more like a pain in the butt or err rather a pain in the something else, LOL.

Sara, I actualy go to the Dr every year for my pap, mainly because my last Dr would refill my birth control at that time, LOL.

I've seen the commercials Chez. Tht's nice that they have something preventitive. It seems like everything gives you cancer! s for Franklin's chocolates, well I wish I would have given the to him yesterdy because now they are mine. I broke into them at lunch and have been eating them all day, guess I should have brought some home for myself yesterday but I was so over it yesterday, guess I've recovered, LOL.

Rosie said...

I hear you about the cards, chick. I have a mere handful sitting on my counter that I received and I easily sent out double or more. But do I stop sending? Nope. And even though your feet hurt, it was probably well worth it cuz the pretzels were so delish. Right?