Happy Boxing Day!!!!


LOL, of course, this was me over a year ago, nowadays boxing day for me is trying to muster up the motivation to take the boxes that have been sitting on my kitchen floor for days to the garbage can, LOL. Don't worry, I only have one box waiting to go out and I just put it there today, that's pretty good for me!

I hope that everyone had a fabulous Christmas. I went to Dao's. She also had a co-worker come and join us. There were a couple of other people who were supposed to come but they got sick. You know what that means, more food for me! Too bad Dao got 2 pumpkin pies instead of a mix and match so I could have had more dessert, LOL. What we did have was a honey baked ham, a smoked turky breast (also from the honey baked store), my white trash casserole, homemade mac and cheese, roasted asparagus and my world famous cucumber salad. I swear, it is the perfect compliment to all of the heavier foods. We also had some apps of brie, blueberries and crackers and shrimp cocktails. I was stuffed! By the time I left (after 2 meals) I didn't even want to think about food. I would have left without taking any food, I would have regretted it later but still, I didn't want any of it but Dao made me take it and of course, today I'm happy, LOL.
The asparaus was in the oven when I took the pic. The top pic is the ooey gooey white trash casserole. I have a lot of leftovers if anyone is interested, LOL.

The original plan was to watch movies, that is, until I found out there was a top chef marathon going on! It was a perfect way to spend the day. My family finally called when they were all gathered. They're not morning people and with the time difference it was late in the day for me before they called. It was much better getting a call in the afternoon. One year my dad had to go to work early so the family gathered at 6am to open presents, I was not a fan of that phone call as much, LOL. My brother Andy had been talking for years about giving my dad a recliner for Christmas, then it was his birthday, then it was Father's day. I'm talking years! Well, he finally came through and my dad was tickled. I told him they just need to move a mini-fridge into the living room and he would never leave, LOL. It was fun to be on the phone with David while he opened his present from me. Everyone else received gift cards or checks but I knew I wanted to buy David an ipod, a combo birthday/Xmas present. Since I have a large family I was on the phone for almost an hour. We're very rarely all gathered together at once and I don't talk to most of them often so it was fun to share in the excitement, even if it was over the phone. Although Jordan scored in presents like he always does (and he loved his check, he's using it for the turtle he wants) and everyone got presents they were excited about David had the best Christmas ever. He called me later on in the night. Andy's girlfriend bought scratch tickets for everyone. David got the last ticket. He won $1,000!!!!!! He was still shaking when he called me. I was so excited for him. I had perma grin while talking to him. I told him to use it for something special like a trip but he has some bills he needs to take care of which is even better because he gets to start the new year with a clean slate. Kimberly is pissed because she had the choice between the last 2 tickets, LOL. Don't tell Kim but I'm more happy that David won, he really needed this.

What did I get from my family? I don't know, I told them what I wanted (it makes things so much easier) so we'll see if I get it. Both Kim and Adam had contacted me to let me know it was going to be late. I guess they looked into trying to get it on time and it was going to cost $100. I would have been appalled if they spent that. You don't think procrastiantion is a trait only I possess, it runs in the family, LOL. As it is, I'm amazed I'm getting my present before New Years so no matter what it is I'll be happy but I'm really hoping it's the Uggs I asked for, LOL.

Here's a family picture from last Christmas. It's missing a couple of the brothers but like I said, you never see us all in one place, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

13 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Girl, you look so baaaaaad! wOOt!

I'm so glad you had a great Christmas, I wthink the spread you had for dinner sounds yummy. I would have been all about the the mac & cheese and cucumber salad!
I am happy for David, holy cow that kind of cash can come in ultra-handy can't it? YAY!

I like the pic from last year, you all looked great!
Mwah! Now on to the new year, whatcha doing for that?

Leiha said...

David is 21, so he's never had that kind of money all at one time, shoot, I know I would be crapping my pants if I won that ticket, LOL. Then I would be buying my ticket to Australia!

Didn't you know I was a bad ass? LOL!

So far no big plans for new years. I find when you build it up you're bound to be disappointed.

Nes said...

I'm shakin' in my boots at the first pic! Now I'm skeered! LMFAO!

Damn, chick! You had more food, the two of you than we did with the 9 of us! It looks delish though, even your casserole which I definitely wouldn't mind having. LOL.

Wow! So, David is your favorite now? LOL! 1000 bucks isn't bad. Not bad at all. Even I am tickled for your dad! How great is it to get what you've always wanted! My dad didn't expect his box of cigars. I told him how expensive they were and that a box of Cohiba Esplendidos cost €500. So no joy for him. He was so shocked (I should have taken a pic of his reaction) when he opened it and saw the box of cigars! LOL!

Don't forgtet to ask for song chips! And maybe an extra mic as a present! LOL!

Glad to hear you had a great Christmas!

I wish I could both spend New Years Eve with you guys! That would be one New Year I'd never forget! Oh all those wishes... Heh!

Rosie said...

Hey, maybe we can do a mini-chat on new years eve before everyone goes off to their respective parties?

Hey chick, glad there was plenty of food to go around. I made your casserole and it is da bomb, baby! Definitely the hit of any dinner. I'm so happy for your bro on his winnings. That's too cool.

XOXOXO

Leiha said...

You should be scared Nes, LOL!

The food was delish and I've had 2 meals from it already today. The bad thing is I still have a ton more food, LOL.

Dang, I should have told David to spend his money on me, what was I thinking!

I'm so happy that you were able to surprise your dad. It really is fun to give gifts that you know someone will love (like a karaoke machine, LOL).

Girl, no matter what you do for NYE we know you will have a great time and leave fond memories for all involved!

Leiha said...

Hey Rosie! I'll be around so hook up your webcam. I have a bottle of grey goose in the freezer. Let's get drunk together!

I knew your boys would love that casserole! Wish they were here to help me eat it, LOL.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

If there is any Grey Goose to be drunk, I better be in on it!

See how I did that Nes? I just invited myself to crash Leiha & Ro's party LOL! I intend to be home New Years so I might as well! LOL

Leiha, I will expect my song to be done by then *G*
Mwah!

Leiha said...

I was planning on doing your song tonight but I look like ass so decided it had to wait til another day, of course, I still sang tonight, LOL.

OK, let's have some drinks on NYE. Of course I expected you to join in the fun if you didn't have other plans. I'm getting a hangover just thinking about it, LOL.

Nes said...

Good job Aims! I'm inviting myself over too. LOL. However, with the time difference it's gonna be killing...

We won't be home for NYE. We have a party at Michel and Linda's house. And while it's midnight here, it will only be 6pm in Atlanta and 3pm where Aims and Ro are at. So while you're having your party, I'm prolly beyond wasted already. LMFAO!

Depending on what time we get home, I might pop in... but don't expect to be able to read my typing. Heh!

Leiha said...

LOL Nes, if you're upright I know you will be popping in. That's a given! Now the question is, will you be upright?

Nes said...

That we will soon find out... just a couple of more days. LOL!

NancyB said...

Leiha -your dad looks exausted in the christmas picture - I think you all wear him out!

I cant wait to go to your dads house and see him in his recliner with the tv turned up to like volume 50 so the neighbors can hear it also :)

Your right, it is so special that David won the big money (I won 5.00 on the scratch tickets I bought my family) It is even better that he is spending it on important things, I think our little David is growing up.

Leiha said...

I know! I almost told him to come visit me but then we know who would be paying for everything else, LOL.