Beauty 101

Su called me today, it's a good thing to because she was getting ready to get spanked! Just because she works and goes to school full time is no excuse not to give me the love and attention I need, especially when she goes to WA for Thanksgiving and Nancy and Linda get to meet her hubby before me, no I'm not bitter or anything, LOL.

The reason I told you Su is not to rub it in to Nancy (just so she knows I don't need her for my Su updates anymore, that was so wrong) was because turns out my whole beauty regimen is wrong. I figure I could share with you what Su shared and maybe ask for some of your favorite beauty tricks.

You all know I spent a fortune on new moisturizer, well my face was still dry and flaky and driving me freaking crazy. So I talked to Dr Su and boy did she have a lot to tell me. What can I say, I'm a person who is overwhelmed by all of the hair and face products out there and don't know how to use most of them. I wish I did. The water here is also a lot harsher so add that with the new climate and I need all of the help I can get. Turns out the key to cleansing is toner. I never use toner because I find it too harsh and it dries me out but that's because I was using the wrong toner. I now need to go buy some Burt's Bees Rose water toner. I also use a deep cleaner which is a big no no. Tonight I bought a gentle cleanser couldn't find the Burt's Bees so I bought witch hazel (which is what Dao uses for toner) for less then $2 until I can find the correct toner. I went out at 10pm tonight to try and find what I needed, I'm desperate to get my skin back to normal. Basically Su informed me that I was moisturizing the hell out of the dead skin, oops! She also mentioned something about apha hydroxy acid to exfoliate, anyone have any recommends for that? What she uses is not longer being made.

Alright, let me know what some of your favorite beauty products are? What is a must for you? Excited about any new products? Dish it! I need to know what I am missing out on. I am at the stage where I am working on preventive maintenance. Although I have the gift of being asian (someone did think I was 26 last week) I am starting to notice the fine lines around my eyes and realize I can no longer rest on my asian laurels, LOL.

BTW, they mentioned on the View today that Consumer Reports did a comparison on expensive moisturizers and cheap ones and found no difference. Makes me feel great about that money I spent, not! Of course, they also said it only makes a 10 percent difference but that part I disagree with, like how I only listen to what I want to hear?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

Well,even though I only wear makeup on Halloween,*G*,I must have a good moisturizer & cleanser for my combination skin.Nothing dept. store for me,too much $$$,but my Mom used Oil of Olay on her face for years,I mean,I even remember seeing the stuff in the bathroom when I was a kid-and people always thought she was 8-10 years younger than her actual age.She stopped using it a couple years ago & you can tell the difference-it's like she put on 12 years or so in the span of one year.I've used it myself for at least 4 or 5 years now,and I like to think it's helped with my complexion.I can no longer find my Nivea oil-control cleansing gel ANYWHERE here,and that pisses me off,I have yet to find a replacement I like half as well.

This one you've prolly heard of,and it DOES sound and smell gross,but hemorrhoid cream for crow's feet/lines on the face is good-it shrinks tissue,so there you go.I bet you could try that palmer's cocoa butter lotion,too-it's for pregnancy stretch marks but it's the same principle,and you can bet it smells a helluva lot better than roid cream! *G*

I don't know if they make it anymore,but Roc is supposed to be really good Alpha-Hydroxy acid cleanser & other products.

And of course,drink lots of water every day,keeps your skins elasticity intact.

Chez said...

Oil of Olay complete moisturiser with 30+ sunscreen. That's all I use. I'm a tight arse and don't fork out for the cleanser and toner. Yes I have crows feet around the eyes (although I prefer to call them laugh lines). Oh and wear as little makeup to clog the pores as you can.

Hmmm but why are you asking me when I see your piccies and you look WAAAAAAAY better than me ..... then I comfort myself with the thought that you are younger and therefore it doesn't matter that you can cheerfully take lots of photos of yourself and not cringe with embarrassment when you see them.

Anonymous said...

I use 3 things and that's it. All three are made by Clarins. (I don't wear alot of make up...Mascara, sheer lip color, maybe some fine sparkly dust for my eyes) My skin stays as clear and soft as my baby's, so I don't wear foundation unless I wanna break out! My pores stay clear which makes my skin look younger. Now if anyone has any thoughts on a good everyday body lotion that's light feeling and doesn't smell too strongly, that would be awesome!

1. One Step Facial Cleanser (all skin types)
2. Toning Lotion Alcohol free w/iris for combo skin
3. Renew-Plus Night Lotion

I use the night lotion in small amounts, in the am and pm. It has the alpha-hydroxy acids in it. I don't know why they make a day and a night cream, because the night version isn't heavy at all.

I also buy from *scentiments.com* . They carry fragrances and beauty products you would normally find at higher end Dept stores for less. Never had a problem with anything I've ordered from them.

Leiha said...

LOL, the makeup you wear on Halloween makes up for the rest of the year Bo! I've never used Oil of Olay but I may have to check them out sometime. If I do I will let you know (of course). I have heard of hemorroid cream for the eyes and tighten skin but I'm not there yet, LOL.

I am totally down with the water thing. I carry a water bottle everywhere.

Chez, you are soo funny! The funny thing about makeup with me is my pores usually look better the day after I wear it, you would think it would motivate me to put more makeup on but nope, I'm still lazy, LOL.

I've never used Clarins but have heard good things Jennie. I will look for the renew plus night lotion (Su did warn me to use alpha hydroxy sparingly). You know Revlon has a super cheap lotion I think you can find it at Target called Aquamarine that I love because it goes on light and absorbs into the skin very quickly. I have tons of other lotions but this one is my favorite and there's hardly any scent.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I used to use Oil of Olay, and my husband still does.
Now tho, I'm afraid I'm a Dermalogica user. It's only in salons at this point, but it is awesome stuff. I use several different products, but I mix them up and don't use every one, everyday.
Here is the line-up...
Special Cleansing gel
Daily Microfoliant
Daily Resurfacer
Multi-Active Toner (very cool spray on)
Active Moist (for every day)
Oil-control Lotion (the BEST for under makeup)
Sheer tint Moisture (slightly tinted like a cover up)
Multi-vitamin Power firm (for lip & eye areas)

I just realized how scary that looks, but like I said, I don't use them ALL every day LOL!

For a great body lotion I use their UltraRich body cream

Jennifer said...

Hey...I signed up for a blog! I think I'll start posting after the New Year. I really just wanted to figure out a way to post my pic so you'd have a face to go along with the name. *G*

Leiha said...

I'm going to avoid the salon products for now, I can't stand spending that kind of money, LOL.

Jennie, you'r gorgeous but c'mon, there was no doubt, after all, you ARE asian! Can't wait for you to start blogging, Rosie and Missi are slackers, LOL.