I have thick skin...

literally! That's what the lab tech who took my blood today said, LOL. I guess that's why so many people have problems finding my veins. Of course, they only have problems if they're not good, she was good. I told her about the first time I gave blood, she knew it wouldn't be a good story after looking at my veins. It wasn't. Not only couldn't they find my veins, they stuck the needle in and wiggled but once they got it in no blood was coming out! Needless to say, I do not donate blood anymore. She said the needles they use for blood donations are bigger, FYI.

As for thick skin figuratively, I don't know. I just think it depends on the situation. I'm very easy going so it takes a lot to offend me but if something is directed towards me, I'm not so easy going. So let's not test this thick skin theory, LOL.

I brought the rest of my cards to the VA today thinking about all of the sitting around I was going to do but I did not have a chance to finish one card, which is great but of course meant I spent tonight finishing my cards but I think I'm done, woot woot! I celebrated by singing some karaoke!

Here is a pic of me doing the pretzels, this was only half an hour into the project so I still had a smile on my face. LOL, who are we kidding? If there's a camera around I will always have a smile on my face! It's a good thing Franklin didn't know I was giving him some goodies, I got the munchies today and guess what was calling my name? The pretzels I didn't feel like eating yesterday, guess I should have brought some home for me, LOL. Well, guess I did!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I hate having blood taken, but there is a little part of me that is masochistic or something because I have to look when the needle is going in... LOL!

I have thick skin, I can take an insult and laugh my ass off at it, as you know from the housekeeper firing heh! I have learned to ignore the comments of the ill-informed LMAO!

Was the karaoke you sang Ob-la-di? It better have been! I even brought 3 bras and my best undies to my moms so I have them to toss at you..... *snort*

I wish you had sent me some of those pretzels, they look yummy!

Anonymous said...

I had to go out and buy some pretzel rods to dip in chocolate after reading your pretzel post! You do realize I'm trying not to bake as much this year and here you go putting another "need to make" ideal in my head!! I'll be talking trash about you tomorrow and Saturday--well more trash then normal! "-)

POOR Franklin!! You go and make him some more goodies b/c he deserves them bigtime!! Anybody that has to listen to your croaking on the machine and lies so politely about how good you sound not only should get bunches of goodies from you but an award too!

PS I bought the ingredients for Leiha's Candy too!

Nes said...

I was worried about you yesterday! What with your pap and everything and now they wiggled a freaking needle in your arm?! Heh!

I don't mind having my blood taken and I don't mind needles, having had to inject myself with hormones for a long time. Like you, I have thick skin, but my veins shows. That is what I admired about your skin, it was all so smooth and you can't see a single mar or anything.

As for the other thick skin... I don't know.. depends on my mood.

I wish I could taste those pretzels you made. It sounds delish.

Mich, Mich, Mich.... tsk-tsk-tsk... we need to encourage her.. Leiha honey, you singing the Rose was fantastic. Whenever I need a laugh I just watch it.. LOL!

MWAH!

Jennifer said...

I must have thin skin. You can see my veins and I always end up with a big purple briuse. It doesn't matter who does it...matter of fact, the ones that say "It's okay, I'm good at this" are the ones that leave the biggest bruise. Glad it was no biggie for you!

My neighbor makes pretzel rods every Xmas instead of baking cookies. She dips them in white chocolate, then crushed candy cane chips, and finally drizzles them in dark chocolate. Yum!

Poor Franklin...He hasn't gotten to experience your culinary talents yet.

Leiha said...

Sometimes I look, sometimes I don't, I prefer not to see but sometimes i can't resist, LOL.

Well I already told you you hanlded the housekeeper way better then I would have.

Yes, I sang your song! Dang girl, I won't forget! Especially not with that kind of promise!

AND I can take the hint about the pretzels! I went out and spent a fortune today on stuff to make pretzels (damn Mich!) so I will send you some.

Of course, since Mich is making them, I should have just had her mail some to you and Franklin, LOL. Enjoy my candy Mich (I hate pulling the candy off of the aluminum foil).

I waited to pull the tape off this time Nes and so there was no bruising. Of course, the problem is the sticky stuff adhesed to my skin and I can't get it all off!

Mich and Nes, you're not doing a very good job of hiding your jelousy of the fabulousness that is me!

Jennie, those pretzles sound too sweet for me but I did buy some mint chips and will try those too. Keep your fingers crossed.

Nes said...

Oh puhleeze! *rolls eyes*

We just love giving you shit! LMFAO!!!!

MWAH!

Leiha said...

Say what you will, green is so not your color, LOL.