So much to do...

So little time, alright, I have the time but you know how poorly motivated I am, LOL. I was prepared to post about how much I accomplished today and boast a little but that is not what happened, I know, what a surprise! The impetus for my grand plans was the realization that Lina will be here in a few days and my place looks exactly the same as when she visited in Nov. You know how when you first move you're super motivated to get things done and in place and then as you get settled things peter off, well with me things did not peter off they just stopped, LOL. I got to a certain spot and just left everything as is.

I did buy a couple of new plants since she was last here but I'm not sure if the fuschia will survive or not but hopefully it will still be alive by the time she gets here, LOL. I decided I had to buy a dresser this weekend. My closet was getting so full that I was starting to fold clothes and pile them on the floor and hello, I'm not a college student, LOL. So a trip to Ikea was in order today. I could look around on Craigslist and find some decently priced dressers but I don't have any way of moving it and with Ikea it'll come boxed up so I can fit it in my car. I also decided I needed new nightstands since I only had one and I wanted a matching pair. I also love Ikea for the little things you can buy there. I finally bought my own screwdriver set so I don't have to borrow from Franklin anymore. The dresser, while boxed was incredibly heavy. I had to roll it onto my cart and it wasn't pretty getting it into my car. I accosted Franklin to help me move it into the house.

You know figuring out the diagrams for putting together the furniture is like reading a foreign language so the first nightstand took awhile but luckily I breezed through the second one. I had dinner plans with some friends which was fun. We went for pizza. When I got home I attacked the dresser and that sucker took me well over an hour to put together, probably almost two. Of course I had problems with the fact I hammered something together backwards and it took me a half an hour to get it apart. I almost called the helpline, LOL. I was standing on it trying to pry it apart, I hammered, tried wedging in a screwdriver, it was so not pretty and incredibly frustraing but now my bedroom is looking so much better. I went through my closet and cleaned that while I was figuring out what I was going to put in my dresser and by the time I was done with all of that it was after 9pm.

There went my grand plans of vacuuming, mopping and cleaning the bathroom. I am just too tired and my body is sore from dealing with all of that. Good thing I still have a few days before she gets here. Nothing like having company come buy to help get your ass in gear. Tomorrow I will also tackle my office, there are boxes (I keep them because I mail so much stuff) and shoes (too lazy to put them back in their holders) strewn everywhere. For now, I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the rest of the evening. I'm exhausted but if I go to bed too early I'll be awake at 1am and I don't want that.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

NancyB said...

I love IKEA! The store is so fun to shop in and you find so many unexpected things you didnt know you needed. I also have fun figuring out how to put everything together when I get home, kinda like a gigantic puzzle.
It might not feel like you got a whole lot done but it sure sounds like you did. All I did yesterday was shop like a fiend and weed and feed the lawn. It is a good thing Lina will love you even if your house looks exactly the same as when she came last time.

Rosie said...

I so wish they would build an IKEA here in Vegas. I love their furniture!! So, where are the pics of your finished projects, girl? Glad you were able to at least kick back and relax a bit. Tomorrow's another day, right?

Hugs and smooches!

Anonymous said...

I've never been to IKEA, but sounds cool. I'm a sucker for stores like that.

Good job on the dresser building. I'm impressed :)

Brenda said...

I'm back! My DSL was down all weekend and my Tecchie was out of town. Can ya believe the timing??
Thought I'd die of computer withdrawals before he got back.
I see I missed a lot of your adventures. The dancing blog is too damn funny. How do you find these things???

Leiha said...

IKEA is a dangerous store which is why I don't go there very often, LOL. You spend a lot of money saving money! I wish I could skip the puzzle part even though that's why I bougt my dresser there, lol. It's a good thing she's coming to see me and not my house but at least it will be clean for her.

They don't have an IKEA in Vegas? Oh, the horrors! I'm sorry chick. I was too tired to take pics last night. Once I wash the sheets and make my bed (later on in the week) I'll debut my new bedroom.

Sara, IKEA is hugh and fun and they even have a cafeteria there with yummy food! Fun for everyone, LOL. Sara, you would not be quite as impressed when you see where I hammered some of those nails.

Hey chick! I almost made you a paloozahead but figured you would want to do it yourself. Sorry you were down. I surf the web high and low because those are the things I'm willing to do for my Mannions, that and I can't think of what to say, LOL. I found something cool for this weekend.

Nes said...

Who are you?!? LOL!

I love Ikea too!! Good thing I don't go there often or I'd be buying stuff I won't be needing, but would just love to have.

I'm still bummed I didn't get to see your house. Instead I spent 4 frigging hours at the airport. Heh!

Leiha said...

What, that isn't a fond memory for you?