Where in the world is the time going?

I can't believe it's already the second week of April. You know when I was younger I remember the "OLD" people telling me how fast time would fly by and now I'm one of those old people. When I first moved here it was an adjustment. It felt like I had so many hours in the day to fill, thank goodness for naps, but now I'm barely finding the time for my naps and I have no idea why. I am just amazed how many hours my bum can be glued to my chair, LOL.

I've decided that it's either the climate or the water that is messing with my skin. While I was away on vacation my skin was great and now a few days after coming back home my cheeks feel like sandpaper again, wahhhhh! Lina says I should try something from Clinique, I think it's the turnaround cream. I made Dao touch my face (against her wishes, LOL) and she was disgusted, rightly so! So tomorrow I'm off to spend more money on my raggedy face to try to keep the skin peeling to a minimum. I'm open to other suggestions if you have any. This is what my skin looks like. Or at least what if feels like, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

7 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

My skin was doing the same thing chic, so freaking dry & rough... Not just my face either, arms, legs, everything.

I tried all sortd of lotions and you know what fixed it?

My DH got the humidifier for our furnace fixed. I am allll better now!

I think you can get them pretty affordable too. Just a thought...

Anonymous said...

Aimiee's right. Here's a blurb from a website I found:
Causes
Most dry skin is caused by environmental exposures, such as:

Weather. In general, your skin is driest in winter, when temperatures and humidity levels plummet. Winter conditions also tend to make many existing skin conditions worse. But the reverse may be true if you live in desert regions, where summer temperatures can top 110 F and humidity levels sink to 10 percent or less.
Central heating and air conditioning. Central air and heating, wood-burning stoves, space heaters and fireplaces all reduce humidity and dry your skin.
Hot baths and showers. Frequent showering or bathing, especially if you like the water hot and your baths long, breaks down the lipid barriers in your skin. So does frequent swimming, particularly in heavily chlorinated pools.
Harsh soaps and detergents. Many popular soaps and detergents strip lipids and water from your skin. Deodorant and antibacterial soaps are usually the most damaging, as are many shampoos, which dry out your scalp.
Hope this helps.

BAM

Anonymous said...

I love my humidifier and for moisturizer right now I am using Dermalogica sheer moisture. Its so very very nice on my skin! Not sure if you have the stores near you but there is this place called Lush! They make fresh skincare! Me and my sister are addicted! Check out their website, you might like them! Their website is usa.lush.com.

Nes said...

Remember when I told you that my skin was really flaky and dry when I got back from the hollies? Well, it's getting better now after using that Biotherm gel/cream I bought.

Agreed on the humidifier, maybe you should get that too.

Good luck! Flaky and dry skin sucks. MWAH!

NancyB said...

Your right, it could be the watter. Have you thought of geting one of those shower heads with a water filter in it? I have heard that helps.
And you are always beautiful to me :)

Rosie said...

I have to agree with the humidifier solution. I have been using mine too and it seems to have helped. I was itchy and flaky all over my arms, legs, back. I still use lotion too, but the humidifier really helped.

As for time passing by, I remember the days dragging when I was younger. Now I can't keep up with the calendar and it's so frustrating! So much to do in life yet!!

Hugs!

Leiha said...

Hmmm, I'll think about the humidifier. I've never used one before.

SO I think the key is to shop showering, what a eureka moment!

I've heard of Lush, they had a store in LA. Thanks for the recommend.

Glad that your skin is doing better Nes.

Nancine, you're a good doggen!

I agree Rosie, so much to do. So many naps to take, LOL.