Let there be food!!!

Good news party people, I am on solid foods now. Actually, is soup considered solid food? Yesterday I decided I needed something more then bananas in my system. On Monday I ate a banana, on Tuesday I had 2 bananas and an apple and I must admit I was a little scared to eat more then that. I met with Karen for a bit and didn't eat my banana til I got home from meeting with her, I didn't want to have a repeat of the night before. After my nap I was hungry and Karen mentioned I should try the perfect cure all, chicken soup! I decided she was correct so off to the store I went. Plus, I was running out of bananas, LOL. I also picked up some saltines and 7up. I think getting the food was a good idea because I broke our into a sweat while I was in the check out at the grocery store and not because I was hot, LOL.

Breaking out into a sick sweat made me a little nervous about heating hot soup but I didn't want cold soup, LOL. I actually bought some Campbell's chicken and rice soup, it looked good and of course devoured the whole can. I was worried my stomach would have shrunk but nope, it wanted the food. I also devoured some crackers and guess what? It actually stayed inside my body for awhile, yay!

I'm not quite ready to go out and eat in public but you know I spent last night researching trying to figure out where I am going to eat and what. I think I've decided when I'm better I'm going to eat some fried chicken! I swear, I've never eaten so much fried chicken as when I moved here and I know it's horrendously bad for you but oh so good! Not the best thing for an upset stomach but as soon as I can, that will be my come back meal! So last night I was surfing trying to find where I'm going to eat my fried chicken, LOL. I'm definitely on the come back trail!

My kitchen sink blocked up on me again so I called the plumber and had them come out. They were supposed to be there between 6 and 8pm but they called and said they were running late so he got there after 9pm! Luckily I am a night owl. Anyway, he says the reason my sink backed up was because I was using my garbage disposal. I was like, what's the point of having one if you can't use it? And, why didn't the previous plumber tell me? He never mentioned the garbage disposal. So this plumber said the back up was my fault and that the warranty would be void next time if I used the disposal again and it backed up. I told him are you telling me I can't use my disposal? What's the point of having it? He said, I'm not telling you to not use it but it will back up if you do. I told him I would have to do some research because I was ticked. If they guarantee my work for 30 days I expect it to be guaranteed, especially if the previous plumber never mentioned the disposal. The plumber said because he was a nice guy he wouldn't void the warranty. The real reason is because he knew I would raise hell. I told him I paid enough money to get that damn sink fixed, LOL. Even sick, I'm not going to put up with any crap, only my own!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

You show them sick chick! LOL! Good for you for not backing down. And yeah, what's the use of having a disposal if you can't use it?

Glad to hear you're feeling better and able to hold food down. God forbid you wouldn't! Your chow crown would have to be given to someone else! LOL.

Chicken soup is the remedy to everything. And I is sad I missed Popeye's..... sniff...

Rosie said...

Hey girlie, I'm glad you're able to start eating real food again. I knew you'd get back to normal sooner rather than later (although it has been really later for you). Mmm, fried chicken sounds so yummy right now. We have Popeye's but I've never tried it. I keep going to KFC.

That's bull about the disposal. If they didn't want you to use it, then they should never have installed one. That's just retarded. And if there is a disposal, they need to fix the sink so it doesn't back up and works properly. Man, that ticks me off too!!!

Go get 'em tiger.

Hugs and smooches!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry you have been sick! But very glad to hear you are on the mend! Chicken soup and gatorade are the best! Even sick you ar a badass warrior queen! LOL!

Thanks for leaving me a message on my blog! How can I add you to my favs on there? Keep getting better!!

Brenda said...

I'm glad you're starting to feel beter, but, damn, what a slow process! In the South, fried chicken is kinda like chocolate...it's medicinal.

And Damn! Those male plumbers are assuming your brains are residing in the same place theirs does. That crap about the disposal is just that....Crap!! I would have a serious discussion with my slum-lord, were I you.
Maybe Brian can take apart your disposal and check it out. Sounds like there's some kind of blockage nobody's willing to fix. Make a list you want Mr. Man to check out while he's there on the 12th. He's pretty good at that stuff and he loooves to help a 'Damsel in Distress'. ;o)
See ya soon Chick & I'm so damn glad to hear you're starting to recover!

Brenda said...

I meant "better" and I guess Chuck was right... I do cuss a lot.
Hehehe

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I can relate to the disposal issue, we had one put in when we remodeled the house, and then found out that it can mess up our septic tank 'cause most stuff you dispose of floats and will eventually clog the drain field. We aren't on city water, so ewwwww. we don't use ours except when it "accidently" get something in it. They do cause more problems than they fix.

YAY!!!!! I am SO relieved you are feeling better, I was really getting worried!

Sarah said...

Good to hear the tummy is better. We are having soup tonight to! Cumin, Tumeric, Pumpkin, veggie stock, bacon and potato and a bit of ginger for warmth and onion. Yummy!

Chez said...

Yay you're off the fruit diet. Progressing to soup is a wonderful thing. Forgot to say that whenever my kids get a gastro type thing I make them porridge, but with water (yes, that is gruel), but it sticks and stays. Especially if you use that flavoured porridge stuff in the packets that you basically just microwave.

You know you shouldn't have mentioned the fried chicken as that is one of my MAJOR weaknesses ... mmmm and this after I just finished a bacon sandwich.

Anonymous said...

I'm finally able to pipe in here. Have you and my hubby been seeing each other on the side? He's got the same fricking thing. The doc says it is gastroentiritis. The first time he got this a few months ago, he could only drink clear broths. This time, the doc said to eat bananas, rice and dry toast.

Yes, he has had this twice this year. They are going to test his urine to see what the heck is going on.

What the hell with the disposal? No sense with that one.

Feel better soon sweetie.

Leiha said...

Don't worry Nes, I being the good friend that I am, will do the Popeye's experience and take lots of pictures for you! You're welcome! Of course, it won't be my welcome to the world of eating fried chicken but I'll put it on the menu for May, LOL.

While I love me some KFC I have to say I also enjoy Popeyes. Lots more seasoning and their fries are awesome. I think you need to give it a shot, just to compare.

I agree about the disposal! Sounded like bunk to me!

Welcome to my blog Sheila! You can click on the top right of your blog page and hit customize, then go to page elements and click on add a page element and you'll get a menu of things you can add. I hope that that helps.

BAM, most people will think I'm crazy but I'd rathr eat fried chicken then chocolate, LOL. Awwww, that's so sweet that you're offerung up Mr BAM's services but I don't want to put him to work. Not for something like that. Manual labor is a whole different ball game, LOL. No wonder your daughter has to warn you before her friends come over, LOL!

Mostly I use my disposal on citrus peels because I like the smell so it's not a big loss to not use it but still how irritating.

Sarah, your soup sounds delish!

I'll skip the gruel, thank you very much, LOL. Chez, there's fried chicken everywhere here and it's so damn good! I swear, that's why I've been eating so much more then I ever have before.

I feel bad for Tim since I can empathize totally, LOL. Twice a year? How awful! I hope that he gets better soon.