Book talk....

I was on the phone with Christy the other day and she was lamenting over the fact that there is nothing good to read right now. She's so uninspired by what is out there that she's reading and re-reading her JR Wards. I gave her the recommends I had from friends: Jacob by Jacquelyn Frank, Gennita Low was the first person to recommend this book so Aimee bought it and in turn recommended it to me. I'm currently reading it. It's the beginning of the Nightwalker series. This first book is about Jacob who is a demon. So far I'm enjoying it.

Another recommend I gave her was Hell Kat by Vivi Anna. I have not read this one but Jill really liked it. She said Hell Kat is a futuristic erotic romance with a lot of action. The one thing I noticed on Amazon was the cover was anime. That and the fact it's a trade book would make me hesitant to buy it but it sounds wonderful and the reviews are great.

I want to know are there any new authors out there you're excited about or any other books that you have read lately?

Did you notice something a little different with my blog yet? It may not show up in some versions of IE but what you should be seeing is my face right next to my URL. That's right, I've figured out yet another place I could put my face, LOL. I've been wanting to add it for awhile but I had no idea what that little logo in the address window was called so I couldn't figure out HOW to put it there. Then last night I noticed that Patti O'Shea had one at her blog and immediately an email was sent and I got a quick response which was wonderful because I know she's barricaded under mountains of writing and is prctically snowed in. She's not happy about the snow, LOL. Anyway, it's called a favicon and now there is a favicon of me, yippee! And of course, since there is now a favicon of me there is also a favicon of Nes, my sister slut! Just another way to make my blog more enjoyable for you.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

27 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I am actually doing a reread of my JR Ward books too, after reading Butch's story I felt like I had to LOL

I read the first four Keri Arthur books recently, the Riley, Guardian series, realy liked all of them! I have the first 2 Patricia Briggs too, Bloodbound & another one, I'm still in the freaking office tonight so I don't know the name of the other one... Anyways, Nancine & Linda really liked them.

I have a lot going on so I'm sticking to my "comfort reads" for a while.

Chic, it's a good thing you are so damn beautiful the way you throw your pictures around LOL

NancyB said...

I wanna see the URL pic! It doesnt work on either of the 2 computers I use :( How will I go on without another picture of you???

Nes said...

Books? What are those? Shit, I haven't picked up a book in a long arsed time. There are books strewn all over the place at home, I pick them up and then put them down again. Heh.

I've been meaning to read Pam's books, but I just can't seem to concentrate on reading.

I was wondering if anyone else aside from Lina had read those books from Deirdre Martin? Am I correct with the author's name? Are they comparable to the SEP's Chicago Stars series? I need something light with no complicated plots...

And thanks for sharing that favicon, chick! I love it!

MWAH!

Karen said...

Love the favicon! What a neat idea. I've been reading some Iris Johansen books lately. They are mostly dialogue so I can get through them quickly. I'm also reading Katie MacAllister's book, Sex Lies & Vampires (I think that's the title).

Karen

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, I forgot you could do that ;-)! LOL. Trust you to think of putting our picture there. Now you're tempting me!

--GENNITA

Brenda said...

I read all of Keri Arthur's 'Riley' series back-to-back. I like her books a lot and I'll keep reading them, but I'm having trouble with a facet of Riley's character. I think her having sex in front of (and with) strangers makes me uncomfortable. Promiscuity, multiple partners and manwiches are fine, just get a room! Hehehe
Hubby put a halt on my book-spending, but I managed to sneak these past his radar. I'm making notes on all the recommends.

BAM

Brenda said...

Hey! My new password worked!!!
WooHoo!

Leiha said...

Lina turned me onto the Keri Arthur books and I am a big fan. She reminds me of Anita Blake without all of the angst about who she is.

LOL, I think you're a tad biased but I'll take it!

Nancy, I can't believe you can't see it, it's so cool! You have to use a browser other then IE. If you really want to see me you can download mozilla firefox to see but I really don't expect you to go that extreme....yet.

I're read Deidre Martin, in fact I have her new one I need to read. Yes, Lina turned me on to her. While I don't like her as much as I enjoy SEP they're enjoyable reads and they have the sports element that Lina loves.

You need to read Passion, remember that book I brought you from the states oh so long ago? Then afterwards tell JK I said you're welcome, LOL.

Karen, I have never read IJ. I bought one of her classics awhile back but then lent it to someone who wanted to borrow it and that was that, LOL.

Jenna, you know you want to, LOL. All the cool kids are doing it. Are you reading anything we should know about Jenna? Or are you too busy fantasizing about the twins, LOL.

Yay for you Brenda, LOL. I don't have a problem with Riley's openess about sex, it's a part of who she is. She's a werewolf and they don't think anything of it. It would be interesting if the werewolf/vampite characteristics in her clashed but it seems the were is the dominant part of her which just means lots and lots of sex, LOL.

Anonymous said...

I have been eating up all Keri Arthur's books since last year when Full Moon Rising came out. Her sci-fi series Memory Zero, Generation 18, and Penumbra are awesome. Her werewolf series is pretty good too but her best are the Riley books and the sci-fi series. I haven't been reading much either. Too much going on in my world to pick up new authors. I have been reading my comfort reads. Mostly my Laurell K. Hamiltons. I can read those back to back and start over again. Then there are the Rachel Morgan books by Kim Harrison and Mercy's books by Patricia Briggs. I used to read alot of Ebooks and I bet Loose_id is going bankrupt without my business *g*

L said...

I get most of my suggestions from you guys LOL. Sci-fi and fantasy books are really calling to me lately, so now I have even more suggestions from you here. Vivi's books have gotten lots of praise that I've seen, so she was one I wanted to check out in the future. I think Hell Kat is a series, and the latest book debuted a few months ago.

Love the favicon, btw. Very enjoyable ;)

XOXOOX

Anonymous said...

Sniff, Sob, no Favicon here! Wah!! I will look on my home puter, but from work I get no URL piccy. *sigh*

OK, I am feverishly jotting down all of these new book recommends and looks like I will have plenty of great reads to get into and new authors to explore--Yea! Altho I adore my JR Wards it is sad that I have to resort to re-reading favorite reads so often. But am psyched to get some of these new authors. Also, I think I have several Deidre Martins in my BTR pile so will check them out--are they hockey? I have the Lisi Anna's on hold at BORDERS and got Jacob off of Ebay.

I am reading "Nauti Boy" right now and am getting upset as Lora Leigh is teasing me with one of her 3-somes of which she is known for, but I've been gipped! Her characters are discussing it and getting all hot and bothered talking of the possibility and Leigh pulled back and nada, zippo, nothing! Now that is what I call a threesome tease and I am a bit ticked off...Grrrrrr. I read that the next two books of the "Nauti" trilogy/series will feature some of Leigh's trademark sharing/menages/threesomes. This is what Lora Leigh is known for and why the tease? I mean this is Leigh's signature, so why make reference to a threesome and then pull back from it? Frustrating and I should have wrote this on your rant page the other day!

Love your blog, chica, but wondering why I cannot see your URL piccy...

Leiha said...

Laurie, it's great to see you posting on a regular basis again! I haven't read any of KA other series but if the Riley Jensen ones are the best maybe I won't. I want to keep my appreciation of her. I haven't read any ebooks in awhile. Any ebooks you want to recommend?

Thanks Libby! I get all of my recommends from RBLs too. I just noticed not a lot of new recommends coming out lately.

Hopefully you can see my favicon at home, I hate for you to be missing out on the fabulous that is me, LOL. Thanks for the heads up on Naughti Boy. Don't tease us with a 3some and then not follow through. LL is so popular because of her steamy sex, without the sex would we read her? Deidre's books do feature hockey players. Why do you think Lina loves them so much?

Rosie said...

First, on the favicon, I noticed it first on Nes' blog yesterday. I love that idea. It's very cute!!! Of course, having one more pic of you is always good, right? LOL!!

Books . . . I actually have Jacob on my tbr mountain! Now I'll have to pull it out since its been recommended by several of you guys. Right now I'm reading the first in the Keri Arthur books and really liking it. My book at work is the second in the Nora Roberts' vamp trilogy, Dancing With the Gods. It's a bit slow moving, but I'll finish it. I have some catching up to do with the JR Wards and the Kenyon's, so I have plenty to keep me occupied for now.

Smooches!!

Rosie said...

Oh, Nes, I have those books and really liked them. Yes, her name is Deidre Martin and they are very light reads. Another series that is pretty light is by Tara Janzen called the Crazy series. You might enjoy both of those!

Leiha said...

Damn that Nes! I should have waited before I showed her how to do it, LOL. I read that NR trilogy, it was ok. There's a lot I liked about it but I just feel like a lot of her books have the same feel.

sparkle said...

Books, Oh Leiha, you know I like to talk books! I did like the Keri Arthur ones and the Patti Briggs ones! But for any of you out there, if you are looking for great reads other than just romance, ask me! I am a huge fan of thrillers and romantic suspense! I have lots of recommendations!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sparkle!

Would love your recommendations on the romantic suspense--one of my very first romantic suspense/romantic thrillers was "Kiss & Tell" by Cherry Adair and also the MacKenzie series by Linda Howard and I was hooked after those. (Ms. Leiha was the one that recommended the Howards to me I believe when I was a shy poster at RBL)

So I have my pen at the ready for more recommends--I know I am greedy for new titles and authors, but I'm desperate!

Thanks much in advance everybody!

Nes said...

LOL@Leiha!!!

Ok, I need some Deidre Martin. LOL! I'm gonna check 'em out. I've got almost all the Jenzen books. Just haven't read them yet. Shit! I have a lot to read. I've got most series, all I need is to find the time and the interest to read them again!

I've lost my interest in reading!!!!!! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

You know why? I think because I just can't escape anymore.. that's why. I used to read to escape...

Sarah said...

Hey Nes, I have read Deirdre Martin and enjoy her loads. I hesitate to say she is not AS good as SEP but still a lovely read and re read to! You MUST MUST MUST read Passion. It is wonderful!

I like everyone else it seems have been re reading my JR Wards. I love her books they are just gorgeous.

I have also re the new SEP and loved it. I have the 3rd Keri Arthur in my next to bed pile and 14 Catherine Anderson. Have not read the latter before and she is delightful.

I have another reccomend by Jenn called Warlord by Elizabeth Vaughan which I LOVED and cannot reccomend highly enough and have just managed to get my hands on the next 2 in the series.

I am the reading queen at the moment, on holiday, its raining, sitting next to the fire...!

PS Does anyone know when the new Lisa Valdez is coming??? Please don't tell me its been delayed!

Melissa said...

love the favicon.
Haven't read nern of the books mentioned here.
Thought I heard a new Sherilyn McKinley came out, but I can't find it. Maybe I heard wrong?

Hope you're doing well. I hate this crazy cold weather too. I was ready for it to be Spring already (which means about 90* here). We were planning to open the pool when we got back from Vegas...but we come home to 30* cold and every one of us sick to death.

sparkle said...

Christy, I'll ask Leiha for your Email and then send you some great suggestions!!

Leihs, now you have to send it to me! I promise to send Neil my new 2 finds that he would enjoy as well!

Nes said...

Sarah, thanks! I'll definitely check them out. Like I said before, I don't need any complicated plots right now. I need light reads like Rachel Gibson. Speaking of which, I think I'll head over to her site and check out when her next book is coming out.

And ok, ok, ok,...... I'll read Passion. You nags! Heh! LOL!

Leiha said...

Nes, you want to escape yet you can't read paras because they're so unrealistic to you, LOL. I started reading paras because the authors I were reading were writing it. Not because I loved the genre so much but now it makes up the majority of what I read. I've been nagging you about Passion for months! Get on it!

Sarah, I loved Natural Born Charmers! I didn't want it to end.

I've heard of Elizabeth Vaughn, I think Mich really enjoyed her. I'll keep an eye out for her. I emailed Lisa Valdez yesterday but haven't heard back from her. If I hear anything I will share it.

Missi, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this weather lasts! Don't knw about the Sherri book. She has so many books come out I can't keep track.

Nes said...

Ahem *coughs* I said: I can't escape anymore. I used to like reading like uhm 4, 5 years back because it was escapism. Historicals were my faves. Then when I didn't have to escape I got into contemps. Paras depends.... the DH ones are great and I guess you're referring to the JR Ward books.

Hello! At least the Regency and other historicals and the contemps have some semblance of realism. Vampires? Never got into them. I want to be able to fantasize about the hero being actually someone I could meet... A vampire? LOLOL! Pffffffft. It's just not love at first bite with me.

Anonymous said...

LOL you read my mind, Nes! It IS "love at first bite!" I dunno what it is, but these paranormal romances, vamps and all, just hooked me. So you have not read any of the Wards? I do get what it is tho, re: to prefer one genre over another and all, as I used to be like you and would refuse to read anything but historical/regency, but now then I was cajolled into reading contemp--(actually threatened & dragged kicking and screaming) LOL and I by think by Ms. Leiha, but I fell in love with the contemps and was not a huge paranormal fan then...

I have no idea why I dig the vamp reads so much--what in my/our (the other paranormal vamp/romance fans) psyche compels us to go for this type of read, but hey, I would GLADLY be one of JR Ward's gorgeous brotherhood's happy meals any day! *HHS*

Feeling very bad that you do not have an escape route when you read, Nes. What is the deal on that? Why can't you escape?

(((HUGS)))

Christy

Nes said...

Hey Christy! Long time, chick! I still got pics of us to remember the good times. LOL!

Why can't I escape anymore? I think for me reading not only was it enjoyable, but it was also an escape from the real world you know? When you don't notice that life is actually ain't all that. And shiat back then I read a book a day. It was great to go and travel another place for awhile... meet other ppl through your books.

But life is good and I have no complaints. Aside from reading I've got tennis, a busy social life and this darn computer that keeps me busy... so I need not escape to the books. If that makes sense to you?

I still love reading, but have had not enough time to really get into a book... and if I do read, it's either some self help book or non fiction or travel stories.

Romance has kinda been second in my choice of reading material lately but it doesn't stop me from buying the books, because i know one day i'll read them for sho!

And chick! Why haven't you been to my blog huh? huh?

MWAH!

Leiha said...

Because I'm first in Christy's heart is why, LOL! yes, its because she lives in terror of me but I'll accept that. Christy, I thouht I had bought the new LL but I actually bought Dangerous Games so I guess there's not even a hint of a 3some, bummer, LOL.