Meet on the street...

So Brenda told me that Fri morning just down the street from me one of the local radio shows hosted a meet (meat) on the street event where 94 men and 94 women held up signs with their number (1 - 94) and you called in with the person you were interested in. This was so close to me! I was bummed I didn't find out until the next day. Instead of driving by I would have done a walk by, LOL. I told Brenda I need to know about these things ahead of time from now on, LOL.

Today it was rainy and windy so of course I stayed in, big surprise! I stayed in bed all morning and read. It as heavenly. I started on Gennita Low's Virtually His (no it's not out yet, I just got it like that, EG). What a treat to just lay there snuggled under the covers reading my book. Then when I was tired I rolled over and took a nap. I think I finally really got up about 2is and hopped into the shower to get my lazy butt going and by going I mean moving from the bedroom to the living room. After Without a Trace tonight I'm heading back into my own virtual reality to see what happens with Hell and Hades.

I think team Cha Cha is going to win the Amazing Race, yay! I will be totally disgusted if Charla and Myrna win. I don't like the way they play the game, they think they're good people but they're so not and I hate Charla's fake accent, it drives me crazy!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

13 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

It is cold and almost rainy here to! Fire is going and have book in hand and coffee just made! Happy reading and you simply MUST tell me how it is!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Today was ok, it rained a couple times with a few teaser sun rays coming through once in a while. Forecast is for SNOW tonight. *shudders* I so am ready for sun sun sun and putting the pool back up!

Meet on the Street huh? That's sort of scary, I wonder how it really works, detail chic! I need more details! LOL

I worked today. Watered seedlings for a couple hours & took citronella geranium cuttings the rest of the time. I called it quits around 430 I think, My friend who is sick DH was here, so we chatted for a bit then I surfed for a bit, read Feehans "Magic in the Wind" and now I'm surfing again. Next I think I'm going to start the next Drake sister book, "The Wicked and the Wondrous"

Siunds like you had a wonderful day chic, stay warm & dry :)

Gennita said...

Being the Queen of Virtual Reality, I know who wins in that reality show ;-). Not telling ya. And here is how "SChmirna" sound like to me (using standard loud accent):

"Can. You. Help. Us. My. Friend? Please? Please Can YOU HELPPppppPPP US? HELP US! I BEG YOUUUUU!" (meanwhile, the other Schmirna is chewing at the competitor's leg).

;-)

Glad you're snuggling up with Hades.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I can't wait to read Jenna's new book. You lucky vixen you!

Anonymous said...

It was cold and rainy here yesterday too. I spent all day in bed, except when I ran out real quick to get some food. I didnt feel like doing anything but be in bed reading.

Meet on the street sounds pretty interesting. I agree with aimee, need more detail how it works tho :D

Nes said...

Well it was and still is sunny here! Hehehehehe....

Glad you had a nice day just doing nothing... oh wait! That's your day everyday! Bwahahahahaha!

Seriously, I'm just jealous and wish I could do the same...

MWAH!

BTW, the meat and greet..... I wanna know more! LOL!

Leiha said...

Your evening sounded wonderful Sarah. I have no fireplace but it would have been perfect last night. I wish I wasn't so tired last night, I wanted to keep reading! I will let you know when I am done.

I dont' have more details chick! I didn't know about it. Hopefully next year I can give a first hand account, LOL. Sorry I missed you last night. I was already in bed. Have I missed something? Who's book is the Wicked and the Wondrous?

Please please tell me it's not Charla and Mirna, gag gag gag! LMAO I can totally hear the accent! I am totally enjoying Hades and wished I had a monitor like him, EG!

I am lucky and I am a vixen, you know me well Karen!

Laurie, sounds like we had similar days. The perfect reading day!

Leiha said...

LOL, jinx!

yeah, it pretty much is my day on a regular basis but I don't usually stay in bed that late. That was the heavenly part of it.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

The Wicked & the Wondrous is 2 of her short stories, Kate & Matthew, (The twilight before christmas) and I don't know who is in the second story yet LOL (After the Music is the story name)

Anonymous said...

A day spent in bed sounds like Heaven to me. I'll probably have to wait until the kid is off to college before I get one... take advantage while you can LOL

Rosie said...

Was last night already the finale for Amazing Race? Now I've gotta find out who won.

The meet on the street sounds very interesting. If you go next week, you must come back with lots of details. It sounds fun, but be sure to be careful out there!

I wish I could have a day like that. I don't think that I'll ever be able to stay in bed as long as I have the kids around. They are a demanding duo, lemme tell ya. LOL!!

Glad you enjoyed your Sunday.

Smooches!!

Leiha said...

I don't read many anthologies which is why I didn't recognize it. I read most of the drake books but can't remember if I've read that one or not, I prefer the full length.

Sara, when your son is in HS I'm sure you'll find time, LMAO.

Rosie, they're down to the final four. I'm sorry, it's a once a year thing so it won't be til next year before I do the meet on the street LOL. Hey, at least the boys are getting better about letting you sleep in.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

If you haven't read it chic, you need to! It was really good, and not truly a short story IMO, it is 260 pages...