Leiha's rants and raves....

Yes my dear Mannions, it's that time again. Leiha would like to make this a monthly event but she realizes that she is a very lucky person and it's hard for her to have a rant every month but Leiha will try as she knows how much you all enjoy it.

Leiha likes to talk on the phone when she's driving. Nancy was not around so she called her brothers. Leiha talks to her sisters on a semi-regular basis but not her brothers. Leiha would like to change that. She talked to her youngest brother David who she hadn't talked to since Christmas, that was almost 4 months ago! She had so much fun talking to her brother and realizes she needs to be more of a presence in his life. He's 21 and Leiha moved out when he was 3 but moved back home when he was 8 but then moved away again when he was 12 so it's fun to get to know him as an adult, especially when he tells Leiha he is no longer smoking pot and just got back from church with his girlfriend. Who is this person? Leiha is ranting at herself for not being in his life more. Leiha is his maternal figure and whenever they chat they both always have a lot to talk about so Leiha is going to make an effort to talk to her siblings more. She thinks as adults we all get so caught up in our own lives that it's difficult to maintain those familial relationships, especially from a distance but Leiha will make the effort with her family that she does with her friends.

Leiha is not happy with this global warming thing. Leiha believes in global warming but if the world is getting warmer why is it so damn cold in April? Leiha is cold and a cold Leiha is not a happy Leiha.

Leiha is sick of the Anna Nicole craziness. Leiha loves the entertainment news shows, you know she loves the celebs and the gossip but she can no longer watch and enjoy them. ET dedicates full shows to her death. That is not what Leiha calls entertainment. What's worse is how many non-entertainment venues are covering her death. Leiha is disgusted by it all.

Leiha is also disgusted with herself. Every year Peeps are sold in stores everywhere for Easter and every year Leiha buys them and every year Leiha doesn't like them yet Leiha will continually buy them thinking that they will taste better it's puffy marshmallows covered in pretty pastel sugars and shaped like animals, what more could a girl ask for? Leiha guesses she could ask for it to taste better. Leiha almost got away with not eating them this holiday season but she made a big mistake, she went to Target today and they were 50% off. Leiha was hungry and weak and she could not resist and because she was so hungry she ate 3 of them, yes, Leiha has issues.

Leiha doesn't like to be all negative so she will end this post on a high note. Leiha has a big rave. Leiha is going to rave about girlfriends. She doesn't think you can ever be too thankful for the friends that you have in your life. They share their worlds with you, their highs and lows and let you do the same. The internet brought most of us together but our friendship is something that reaches beyond cyberspace and it is something very real and tangible to Leiha. She appreciates daily the people who are in her life in big ways and small.

Now Leiha wants to hear some of your rants and raves. She knows you're bursting to share.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

13 Mannions Speak :

L said...

AMEN to the Anna Nicole thing. I'm sick of her too. Crap alert! Other rants include the fact that there are still Reeces peanut butter cups in the pantry that are beckoning to go straight to my ass. Oh, and the fact that spring is just around the corner, but it keeps snowing dammit. One more thing: I can't read fun books until the semester is over and I really WANT to read fun books! Grrrr!

Raves include the wonderful friends met on the internet and other places I didn't expect, as well as the fact that I have a lovely family to share all of the above with. Uhhh...iPods, Julian Rios, Odor Eaters, caffeine in any form, nap time, oversized sunglasses, Aleve, and adult beverages. I'm stopping there.

Rosie said...

Hmm, rant . . . I have to agree on the Ana Nicole thing. It's been way overdone. Other people are still freezing and I have my air conditioning on. The rant is that now my electric bill is going to go sky high again. Rant again that I don't have enough vacation time. I want to take a week off, but probably won't be able to until end of summer.

Raves . . . V is finally agreeing to do homework without fighting, LOL, Krispy Kreme coffee - I don't like the donuts, but I bought a bag of their coffee and it's pretty damned good, my friends - I don't know what I would do without all of you girls!!

Hugs!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Rant: What the hell is so hard about showing up to work on time, doing the tasks appointed to you, and not fucking whining about it?!
Is that so damned much to ask for? Why do people have to show up only to pick fights, piss, moan and complain about the job they have? It's not like they don't fucking know what the job entails before-hand! Why do they have to worry about what everyone ELSE is doing, where they are going, why they are 2 freaking minutes late coming back from lunch, or how much money they make compared to others?!
Can't a body just show-up-do-their-job-and-shaddup-about-it?!
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Rave: I have Leihas blog to post this at, and many beloved sisters to read it!!!!!

Sarah said...

I went with my son Ben to the dentist today and he told me it would cost six thousand dollars for braces for Bens teeth. Or as Ben puts it (because he has watched Snatch and Lock stock to many times) 6 large.

Insert Janice voice OMG!!!

How can this portly prick of a dentist justify 6k for metal bits on teeth. O.M.G. In fact I may have made a rather odd noise when I read the quote. I think he thought I may have had indigestion/whimpering problem Prick.

Other than this I have no other rants. The dh is sleeping better due to previous wks and wks of overwork/ aka overtime. So "I" am sleeping better!

Ben has been pleasant and nice to his mother for an entire 2 days now without his head spining round on his sholders and said mum is on holidays for 2 weeks.

Life is pretty good! No more rant!
PS the AN tv stuff just blows. Nasty and tack.

Nes said...

Uhm, for once I have nothing to rant about. LOL. Life is good.

Raves: my friends and my hubby. Tennis season! Beautiful weather!

Joanie said...

Rants. Well there will be a whole blog full soon enough, so I'll let that be. My biggest peeve is people who are oblivious to their surroundings, be it people or places.
I also have a special rant about people who are cruel to animals or children.

Raves? Nice people, good people, friends who tell it like it is.
Friends who will listen to your problems.
I am still spinning over how much I loved Pamela Clare's 'Extreme Exposure' and 'Hard Evidence'
J.R. Ward is twirling my beanie too.

J xx

Anonymous said...

Rants: my laundry procreates like bunnies. People who don't use their turn signals. Wishing the weather was more pleasant (snow on Easter, bah!). Needing, but will never get, a week of commitment-less time. Not feeling so freakin' stressed around my brother. My MIL who has nothing better to do than dream up problems. My paranoid in-laws.

My kids. My husband. My dogs. My friends. My in-laws. My SIL and BIL who make sure they spend time with my kids. Being able to play tennis again.

Anonymous said...

I don't have much to rant about. I think its cuz Im too tired. Insomnia sux big time. Not even Lunesta is helping me at this point. Ah, I thought of one, my biggest rant right now is men. They never listen or at least the men that surround me never listen. I am sure there are good men out their but right now, I don't want anything to do with one (except my son)!!!

Raves are my son and reconnecting with lost friends. Although, weren't we supposed to catch up this weekend, Leiha??? Haha! Pencil me in soon :D

Pamela Clare said...

I'm SO with you on the Anna Nicole thing. It makes me grateful not to have television at home. Of course, I can't get away from it at the paper. However, I have to say my paper hasn't run one bloody word on that whole stupid, putrid mess. GAG!

I'm with you, too, on the keeping in touch with brothers thing. I have two, and I was never close to them as a child. Then I grew up and left home, and while I was away, they grew up. Discovering them as adults has been one of the great pleasures of my adult life. They're fun, funny, smart and interesting and a blast to be around. A big change from the days when they were stupid and irritating. :-)

I have to say, though, I learned my Peeps lesson years ago. I know they look good, but looks aren't everything. I'll take Cadbury eggs, thanks. Peeps look cute as can be, but air tastes better. Next year, Leiha, call me and we'll work through it. I'll be your Peeps Anonymous Sponsor, okay?

Sarah, sorry to hear about the $6K for the braces. OUCH! Is there another option? That seems ridiculous. I swear dentists just charge those prices because they think they can.

Joanie, I'm so glad you loved the stories. Hopefully, I'll have anuthuh one here for you soon. :-)

Rant: I have to work when I want to be home writing. GRRRRRR!

Rave: I have my RBL sistas to play with while I'm supposed to be working. LOL! Also, my wonderful son. Being alive. Gotta love that!

OK, crap, gotta go. Have a cover story about autism to write.

Bo said...

I love when you do this :)

Okay,my rants:

This morning when I got McDonald's breakfast (went to the drive-thru)
and I asked for hot sauce(love to slather Mickey D's breakfast in it,yummy)the bitch looked at me as snooty as you please and said "Did you order burritos?" Like you can't have hot sauce,but oh,please,let's pile strawberry jelly,margarine,and other crap I could care less about in the bag.I hope my bitchy reply of "I need it FOR MY EGGS!!!" came through loud and clear.

Hubby forgot about the car ins. when we paid bills last week,I had to remind him.Grrr...the entire point of me passing the bills off to him 2 years ago,when he questioned why I needed SOOO much of his money,was so I would not have to deal with them at all,in any way,shape,or form,and so he would realize EXACTLY how much it costs,besides making sure he is not letting them get behind,etc.Men can be so f-ing irresponsible.Stupid fu*k.

My niece,whom I babysit on Tues. and Weds.,is a first-class whiner,sissy,and ultra-pansy girly-girl.I am frustrated as to how to deal with this,because I do not think a five-year old comprehends the meaning of "suck it up" over a scratch or accidental jostling in the hallway from her 3-year old cousin,my son.I can't stand ultra-whiny,sissy kids who make mountains out of molehills.I have vowed that if my baby is a girl,she will NOT be like that.I wasn't allowed to be,so there you go.

Last rant-I thinkI missed the season premiere of my fave tv show last week,I was so tired.

Okay,raves.Let's see...

I love my dogs.I love seeing the three of them curled up on the bed in the mornings,even if they did piss me off the night before by sleeping in the way of my feet :)
A doggy smile can make me smile anytime,even if I'm crying or totally pissed off.

I have a gift card to use at the Kohl's sale tomorrow,which means I can get something I WANT,not something I NEED,woohoo!

I have only 10 days to go before I go to Vegas and have to responsible for just ME!!!! For three days,anyways :)Even though I can't drink this time,I will still have fun and be able to relax with friends,although I'm a little sad to miss some this year (((HUGS)))

Leiha said...

Luckily Leiha doesn't crave candy too much, She has a bunch of kisses sitting in her drawer, unluckily she craves things ilke chips and ice cream, LOL. Just think of all of the fun books you can read at the end of the semester, aren't you going to go away to read for a weekend when you're done?

Leiha should have raved about naps, LOL. She loves them as you all know!

Electricity here is not bad, it's the gas that kills Leiha. Not having vacation time sucks. Then again, that's what sick days are for, LOL.

Yay on V!

Leiha agrees Aimee. You get paid to do a job, then do it. Bitching amongst yourselves is normal but there can be a point where it's too much. You get paid a good salary to do your job, do it!

Ouch Sarah! Sorry to hear about that. Leiha would suggest checking around, it seems like the dentists make up their own numbers sometimes.

Nes, Leiha bets if she posted today you would have had a rant on yahell, LOL. Leiha's glad life is so good for you, you deserve it!

Our blogs are so we can rant Joanie, rant away!

Karen, Leiha's with you on turn signals, especially if you have a car following you, LOL. Yay on the tennis.

Men are free game when it comes to ranting, LOL. Leiha'ssorry she totally spaced. Can you call her on Sunday? Her # is the same. She's seeing BAM on Sat.

PC, Leiha need your support next Easter, she vows to be stronger, LOL.

Bo, to be honest, Leiha remembers how much you enjoyed this the last time so she's glad you posted. That woman at McD's sounds like a royal wench. See above comment about men, LOL. Your niece sounds like she needs some discipline. She's like that because her parents let her. It would drive Leiha crazy too. have a great time in Vegas, Leiha will miss seeing you!

Anonymous said...

Aimee! Can I come work for you???
Rant:
I wish my boss would appreciate the (unpaid) overtime I voluntarily put in. (Even though I'm paid by the hour). I wish he would see how earnestly I work to make him and others in my department look good. (That's very important).
One shouldn't say "That's not my job" you should say "What can I do to make things work better"? (Unless it goes into the ridiculous like "get my dry-cleaning" or "buy my wife an anniversary gift").
A good employer is EVERY BIT as valuable as a good employee.

Is there a happy medium somewhere out there?

Raves:
Thank God for girlfriends that aren't afraid to give their honest opinion(s) and advice. Thank you 'Mannions' for your shared humor, insights into your lives and your unique humor. Thank God for that wonderful, open-minded man that married me and encourages me to enjoy my girlfriends and all that they bring into our lives. He's off the market, ladies. ;o)

The Anonymous

BAM

Aimee Elizabeth said...

BAM, you're hired LOL