I have a new addiction...

My name is Leiha and I am a blog addict! I have branched from blogs of my friends to reading blogs on food, LMAO, I know, not a big surprise. Since my friends don't choose to update every hour like I wish they would I've had to branch out. Now you know Rachael's blog is a food blog so I clicked on some of the links there and then just continued clicking. Yes, I've also found some Atlanta food blogs too and they're big fans of Korean and Vietnamese food, LOL. Here's what I learned, I need to work on taking better food pictures, LOL. Some of these people take absolutely gorgeous pictures.

I was so full when I went shopping with BAM that other then the crab legs I didn't buy any meat. So on Sunday I bought some sandwhich meat. I'm looking in my fridge tonight trying to figure out what in the heck to cook and basically cooked what had to be cooked. I bought spinach and asparagus last week that were days or minutes away from being tossed out. I had pasta and I had cheese so that's what I made. I also sliced up some of the deli ham.

I sauteed some garlic in olive oil then threw in the spinach and asparagus. Once that cooked down I used blue cheese to make it more saucy and added a little of the water I was cooking my spaghetti with. When the spaghetti (wheat) was done cooking I tossed it into the pan and then topped everything off with parmesan. It was totally delicious! I think the leftovers tomorrow will taste even better! And to think, I almost decided to microwave a frozen dinner tonight!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Chic, I knew you were an addict, I was only going to give it another week or two before I set up an intervention. But admitting you have a problem is the first step...
LMFAO!!!! I crack myself up.... HEH!

That pasta looks divine, I am ALL about the spinach, I love everyway I can find to prepare it! I hope you're going to hook me up when I come visit, just no bluecheese for me LOL

Ewwwww, I used to love frozen dinners, but Chris ruined THAT for me Heh!

Anonymous said...

Yum yum. That looks delish.

Nes said...

Since I came back from the States, my favorite veggie has been spinach. Not only is it delish but it's good for me too as I have iron deffiency.

Your creation looks great, L! I might just try it out one of these days..

Thanks! And... did you to the gym yesterday? Hehehehehe

Rosie said...

Girl, you are too funny. Although, I must admit that instead of updating my blog on a regular basis, I also check out other people's blogs and then start clicking on links. I did the same thing with Rachael's blog and found a ton of great food/recipe blogs and then more from those blogs, and so on, and so on. . . . LOL.

Your creation looks so yummy. I'm a total fan of spinach. I love, love, love it!!! My fave is a spinach and egg white omelette. Mmm!!! I have some whole wheat pasta in the cabinet, so I may have to try your creation. How was it with the blue cheese melted down? Curious since if it was tasty, I'd buy the cheese (I love it in salads).

Hugs and smooches!!

Anonymous said...

I think I gain 5 lbs. everytime I visit the blog.. it's a good thing I run every day .
Karry

Leiha said...

I can make you some creamed beef when you come visit chick, LOL. I try not to eat too many frozen meals but they are very convenient when I don't feel like cooking, which is often! But I won't buy many because of the high sodium count.

Thanks karen!

Of course I didn't make it to the gym but today is another day, LOL. I love spinach. I prefer it cooked but use it a lot in my salads.

Rosie the blue cheese was so mild in this dish, it added more creaminess then anything because it was melted. I love blue cheese!

Unfortunately Karry I don't run, LOL. Nice to see you posting!

Brenda said...

That looks good! Wish I was as creative in the kitchen as you are.

Leiha said...

LOL, it's not creativity it's desperation.