I ate so much at brunch today...

that all I've eaten since was half a grapefruit. I couldn't even finish the second half, LOL. Dao and I went to this restaurant called Rainwater for brunch. I did some research online and lots of people recommended it for Easter brunch. Unfortunately, I have been spoiled by the wonder known was Bally's Sterling brunch and so far nothing has compared. Now don't get me wrong, I still had 3 plates of food, LOL but I've decided that I'm off the buffets for awhile. It's so anti-climatic.

What drew me to this place was they had a crab cake station set up and I have to say they were pretty good, very crab filled but I've had better. I think it lacked flavor.


I finally got all of my clothes folded and put away. Well except for the pile of clothes that need to be hung up. I put them on my bed so that I couldn't go to bed until I put them away, instead I just put them in the rack in my closet to be hung up another day.

I did give myself a pedi tonight. My toes look oh so pretty now. Aimee sent me her OPI pedi set since she doesn't use it so I soaked, scrubbed, masked and moisturized my feet before any polish went on them. Too bad Roland my cab driver isn't around to admire them.

My landlord called today, I didn't answer. His message was sort of rambly and he made some reference about if I wanted a landlord I would have to pay more. It was very confusing. Then he emailed me and he was like you did know my best friend was a plumber? Funny, why didn't he come fix the bathroom sink I complained about last month? Or why didn't he fix the toilet the last time it had a leak? Anyway, we're dealing with each other, he doesn't want me to move out and I apologized for losing my temper. I just told him that I won't be yelled or cussed at. He was also telling me how good I had it and I was getting a great deal. I let him know I know how much the last tenant paid, well when she paid the rent and it was CONSIDERABLY less then what I pay. I also let him know how she fleeced him and his other tenant screwed him so I let him know how good he has it with me as a tenant, LOL. He also said in his email I shouldn't expect things to get fixed the same day and I told him if it's the toilet, yes I expect it to get fixed the same day otherwise I'm pretty flexible. BTW, I had emailed him earlier in the week about getting something fixed and he didn't respond.

Remember what I said a few paragraphs ago about being off the buffet. I should clarify I'm off the american buffet. Last night I just discovered there is an all u can eat korean restaurant, ding ding ding! Can't wait to check that place out! My fave place to eat in LA was a Korean buffet, woot woot!

One more thing, anyone watch the Amazing Race tonight? What were Joyce and Uchenna thinking? An hour wasn't sufficient time for me to do a transfer in Ft Lauderdale and they thought they could do that on an international flight? I hate Charla and Mirna and am rooting for the boys, can't remember their names, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Landlords are pooheads sometimes. Toilets need to be fixed urgently. You know I could do with a good brunch about now (except it's afternoon, so is that a dinupper or something). Oh, you know I need the food piccies too.

Leiha said...

Thanks Chez! Yes, he is a poohead, LOL. I'm stiill in bed but I promise to bring you the food pics soon. My brunch was at 2pm so you know by the time we got there I was a ravenous beast, LOL.

Thank you BAM! As for the korean buffet, you know I was thinking of you and Brian, LOL. Did you forget you new password????

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Yup, landlord is a fruitcake. He seems very inconsistant in what he says, and then how he acts.
Rent is awful there! I change my mind, go buy LOL
900 a month rent in my neck of the woods will get you a decent house or a fabulous apartment. Better yet it will pay the mortgage on a pretty damn nice house!

I have no idea what we have for buffets here, except I know there is a chinese one, but everyone I know who has gone says it's awful.

Rosie said...

Okay, chick, your landlord is nuts. If you can buy, you're probably better off, as Amy said. Unfortunately for us, we missed the window a few years ago and it's not an option now. :-( But if you can, do it! It would be great for ya.

The buffet looks great. I did notice the beef on all three plates. That's something I would go for more than once too. We have a great Asian buffet here, I think I told you about. The Korean one sounds yummy too. Let us know!

Hugs!!

Nes said...

This sucks! I had a whole response before I left this afternoon and it's not here! WAAAAA!!!

Anyways, my response was yeah, your landlord is loser. If your toilet isn't working, HELLLOOOOO!!! Of course you want it fixed! It's their responsibility. Check your contract chick. And point it out to him. The fucker. Heh.

BTW, that buffet is a pitiful copy of the Sterling Brunch. LOL. Yup, I've been spoiled too.

And shit, I'd do the Korean thing ASAP!

Have a wonderful day! Love you!

NancyB said...

Leiha - you made the brunch sound like ass... it looks great. Next time I come we have to hit the cheap sushi, the Korean buffet, the breakfast buffet, and dont forget waffle house! Dang - just reading that made my chest hurt a little lol.

Leiha said...

The only Chinese buffets I have ever liked were in Orange Co, they weren't Americanized. So if you're hearing bad things you should definitely stay away.

Nothing new today from the landlord. I guess we buried the hatchet, LOL.

I couldn't eat all that meat yet I kept going back for more, LOL. It was the creamed horseradish, I'm a sucker for it.

Sterling has spoiled me, what can I say? Even the Ritz is a disappointment after that.

Nancine I'll take you wherever you want to go!

Anonymous said...

I don't know what the deal is with the password. Sheesh. Google doesn't like me. (You'll have to help me with this later)

How far is the buffet from your house? Korean Supermarket! Korean Buffet! WooHoo!!!
One track mind? Me...?

Heheheh