Chilling in Tampa...

I cruised today. I didn't even stop for lunch so decided when I stopped for dinner I would call it a night because even if I did drive later tonight I still wouldn't get home so why push myself? I picked Tampa as my stopping point but turns out there are no hotels right off the freeway there. Took me forever to get one since it turns out Tampa is not right off the freeway, LOL. The first hotel I denied because they didn't have wireless but by the time I found another one I decided to stay here even though they didn't have wireless because I just wanted to get a room which means I'm sitting at the desk, what a pain! Good thing I went to the store tonight and also picked up a couple of books to read, the new Lora Leigh and the latest Rebecca York. Linda told me it was a full moon tonight so of course I had to have New Moon to read. Plus, I finished the book prior to that last night and it'll be easier for me to remember the characters this time, LOL. Anyway, I've already watched Dancing with the Stars (my fave dance tonight was Ian's) so after this I'm going to go soak in the tub and read.

Still have plenty of meals and pics to share from vacation. One of the best places we ate at is one of Lina's local favorites called Sapori. It's an Italian restaurant. We had a reservation there after we picked up Su from the airport (she came in after everyone else). It doesn't sell alcohol so we thought about getting wine to bring but we were too hungry and too impatient but us not having wine kept us a tad bit more in line then we would have been otherwise, LOL. We had a lot of fun with the waiters and of course, they had fun with us. We all decided to do the tasting menu which means lots and lots of food, yay! I don't remember the italian names for what I ordered, but it was all seafood.

I couldn't even finish my fish. Which means I couldn't finish other people's food either, LOL. We decided to get one of each of the desserts. Here's a time lapse from the time the plate is set on our table to the time we finished, approximately 30 seconds between pics.

I kid you not, that was about 30 seconds later, LOL. Then Carmine our waiter topped everything off by bringing us out some homemade chocolatecello which I guess is made with everclear. He knows us well, LOL. He even brought one out for himself.I could have had a few more of those shots myself. I think we all licked the glass. Su and I were nozy (shocking!) so we went into the back and started chatting up the kitchen folk and we got the chef to come out and take a pic with us. He was so sweet!Actually, the plan was to take his pic but someone offered to take our pic and look at who they were talking to. We jumped at that chance. This meal was a definite highlight for all of us.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

12 Mannions Speak :

Tammy Lafontaine said...

Glad to hear you got in safe.

Yummy pics...again! And the waiter aint half bad either! *giggles*
Sweet of him to get ya shots too.

Have a good drive in the morning!

Joanie said...

That food looks amazing. Reading your blog before lunch is always appetite inspiring.

Glad to hear you arrived there safe.

J xx

Anonymous said...

What's Everclear? That food looks wonderful!

I'm glad you finally found a hotel.

Does it really take 14 hours to drive from the Keys to the Atlanta area?

Leiha said...

The waiters were cuties. Nes had a pic with Carmine that you'll have to ask her to share, LOL. She may be too shy, LMAO! The drive yesterday was pretty good so hopefully it's like that today and I can cruise on home.

LOL, you saw how many food pics were being taken. Have a great vacay Joanie!

I dont' know exactly what everclear is, other then it's a potent clear alcohol. It takes about 14 hours to do this drive since that's right around what I did last time. Of course, the weather was horrible that first day so hopefully it'll take a litte less this time. It's slow driving through the keys. Miami may only be 150 miles away from Key West but that's a 3 or 4 hour drive.

Nes said...

Chick, I was wondering when you were gonna blog about this. LOL! I'm leaving the food experience to you. However I will be blogging about my all American Food Experience. LOL.

The food at this restaurant was delish. Too bad they served the first and seconds almost right after each other. I was full!!! And I didn't even get to taste everything like you did. LOL.

And I shit you all not. That dessert plate really looked like that 30 seconds later. We were making orgasmic sounds every time we tasted a piece of a delicious dessert.

Go ahead and post that pic of me and Carmine although I don't think he really looked as good in that pic as he did IRL. He had the most amazing eyes. Laughing eyes. I love it when men have eyes like that....

Good to hear you're a-okay. Have a safe trip back home.

Gennita said...

Please send me the waiter. Thank you,

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Glad the drive is going well chic!

The other waiter was even better Jenna, but he was reallllly shy LOL

Rosie said...

Girl, those food pics are making me hungry. The food looked yummy!!! Love the deserts. MMM.

Glad you got to your destination and found a place to hang your hat for the night. Take care on the drive home today. I'll be thinking of ya!!

Hugs!!

sparkle said...

Leiha, great to talk with you during your drive! Hope you are liking New Moon! In honor of the Full Moon yesterday, I'm reading the 4th book in the Keri Arthur series! Anyone have the ARC for Book 5?? Lina???

My neighbot Jim - who believes that all girls get togethers involve panties - took me to Morton's for dinner to get the scoop and also because he knows I have a crush on the Bartender! Fabulous English Accent and dry sense of humor! And where else can you go from watching the Final Four while eating steak to watching Dancing with the Stars and drinking champagne?? We like Clyde here! What a hoot, wish you were there..Oh did I mention free champagne from my crush??? I thought Ian was the best as well!

Talk soon!

NancyB said...

I loved the chocholatechllo - I want to try everything-chello - I hear there is a lemonchello, how bout a cheesecakechello??? I am in the process of finding an italian place around here that has it...MMMMM

I am routing for Billy Ray, his dance wasnt the best last night though. I did take the time to vote though twice for Billy Ray, three times for the basketball player, and three times for the guy from Cheers. You can vote 10 times on line for free!!

Anonymous said...

Hey chica! Long time huh?? LOL! I know I have been MIA but wanted to stop in and say hello. We need to catch up. Too much to type in here, lol!

laurie

Leiha said...

LOL, the funny thing is you took most of the food pics for me. I love how you enjoyed the junk food more then te gourmet, crazy woman!

Jenn, the waiters were fun and the owner was a cutie too!

The tiramisu was my fave.

New Moon is going ok, liked the last one better. I'm so glad that you're enjoying the Keri Arthur books, they're fun. I'm so jealous about your evening at Morton's. And free champagne too! Argghhh! Can't wait to find out more about the crush!

LMAO Nancy! Make sure you blog about all of your different cellos, good luck on your seach!

I need to start voting for my faves too. I really like Billy Ray but he does need to step up his dancing ability to make it all the way.

Hey stranger! I saw your post at RBL, sounds like a lot is happening with you, yes, we certainly need to talk soon. Let's shoot for this weekend!