I left the house tonight....

I know, alert the media, LOL. A friend of mine asked me to babysit tonight and considering the fact I don't do anything most nights I figured that I could pencil it in. Plus, she knew what a natural I was with chilldren, what can I say, I have a gift and every now and again I like to share it with the world. This little boy is totally precious with eyelashes I envied and such beautiful eyes soaking up everything. Jordan is 10 now so it's been awhile since I spent so much time with such innocence. It was wonderful. Of course I had to take a picture to share. It was difficult because he wanted the cam but I was able to get this quick shot. Of course he took to me like a duck to water, there was no doubt. I grew up with babies on my hips. Actually the school nurse thought that was why I had one hip slightly higher then the other, LOL. I was the one who woke up and took care of Kimberly when she was a baby. I loved it when that wench decided to sleep through the night! David is 21 and by the time Jordan came along it had been awhile since I had handled a baby on a regular basis. He's 10 now so there were a lot of years in between and during that time I realized how fragile children are and how precious life is so it was a whole different experience. If Jordan was sleeping with me that meant a sleepless night. Should he be on his side, his stomach or his back, the research kept changing its answer. So there was no way I was hitting REM, I needed to be able to hear every breath he took, LOL. Now there are baby monitors with video cams and baby wipe warmers and I'm just amazed and awed by it and of course, overwhelmed again. Luckily, I still have the gift of actually taking care of children so that part I had down pat. It was a fun night and I have made myself available in the future. They tried to pay me but I just couldn't get paid to babysit, I am out of high school. But I did accept them buying my dinner because you know I'm not turning down food!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

13 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Baby wipe warmers? What is the world coming to!?

The way you talk, I feel like I should like them more than I do. I loved it when K was teeny-tiny, but once there was mobility and a smart mouth... Uhm, that is a whole 'nother ball game LOL

Glad you had a good time chica, I hope you get a good nights sleep!

sparkle said...

Leiha, you look great with a blonde baby! Maybe Craig's list has one! I know I love spending time with my Nieces and Nephew and my godchildren! Since I have 5 I think I'm popular! Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I have a wipes warmer for my son LOL Think of the feeling of sitting on the cold toilet seat. Imagine if you had a warmer for the seat. Nice huh?

Nes said...

You won't believe the stuff they have for babies. LOL! I see a lot of baby shopping in my near future, since my bestfriend is preggers with her second. LOL.

Chick, I remember you entertaining the kids during the BBQ at our house last summer and you were a natural. I don't have the patience you do and yes, that's a gift.

Hope you got some sleep. MWAH!

Karen said...

What a good friend you are!

I loved it when my babies were little, but I've got to say, I love the age they are now. They still like to be with me, they don't give me too much lip, and they're not too influenced by their friends yet.

I'm sure that will change soon enough!

Karen

Joanie said...

Yes, you are a natural with children and do have the gift of empathy without being a pushover.

That an old photo or is the little one 10 months?

Wipes warmer? Nope, I used cloth nappies and cotton wool. I use wipes now for hands and face though as J is such a grot.

Definitely had the monitor though...strangely enough it only seemed to transmit on a female frequency, apparently one inaudible to males!

J xx

Leiha said...

I know! She had to tell me what it was, LOL. It's easier to love babies for short periods of time. I don't have to deal with teething.

I do! Maybe I need to hook up with a blonde, LOL. Of course, we know my genes would be dominant, as they should, LOL. I know why you are so popular, even the kiddies know the awesomeness that is you!

Well Sara when you put it like that, it makes more sense.

Thanks Sarah! I know you're talking about me, LOL.

Nes, there's this seat you can set infants in that help them learn how to sit up! It's very cool. Remember you just said I had patience, we're both surprised by that fact, LOL.

Karen, I love to see personalities develop and it's fun to watch the person they become. Plus, hello, no diapers, LOL.

I think he's 8 months old but I'm not for sure. I took the pic last night. Cloth diapers, no can do! I'm all about the disposables, LOL. LMAO over the female frequency comment. I had a friend who said he had only changed his babies diaper once. We SO would not have been compatible!

Rosie said...

Girl, you are a natural with kids. Let me tell you all that my two boys absolutely LOVE Leiha. V is no communicating with her on his myspace and when she comes to town, she has to see Mikey (and V). Of course, she's known them since they were little, but they also took to her immediately.

Chick, you know I consider you a part of my family and the boys are very lucky to have an "auntie" like you!!!

The pic is adorable, but I would have loved to see his enviable eyelashes! I love little boys with long eyelashes. Just makes them all the more cuter!

Smooches!!!

Brenda said...

Charli loves "Miss Leiha" too, of course! That's your gift, chick. I call it 'people power'.
I'm glad to know you babysit. Could I interest you in coming over a nite or two this summer and hanging at the pool with the Chuckmeister? ;o)

Leiha said...

He's a cutie, his grandmother asked if they curled his lashes, LOL.

I think I get along with kids so well because all they do is nap and eat. I can relate, LOL.

Brenda, I would love to spend some Q time with Charlie. We would sing karaoke til we were horse. Just remember, my pre-requisite is that there's food for me, LOL. But yeah, anytime you guys want to take some alone time, give me a call. I'd even stay for a weekend so you can really get your freak on! You'll also have to figure out how to get my puter hooked up to your system, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Adorable baby, Leiha and you look so natural--like a Madonna and child...who knew?! However, you are multi-talented/multi-faceted and are a constant surprise. Seriously tho, I have no doubts that you would make a fantastic Mama.

I adore my nieces and nephews, but I have become completely independent and I am chastised by my sister that I only get "Auntie's kids" when they are little angels and don't get them when their behavior is less than stellar. *winks*

Anonymous said...

I would love to leave the house but not to watch someone's else's kids, lmao. My son is 10 and I love the age he is at right now. Even when I wanna tear my hair out. I don't want to do the baby thing over again at all. I am good with babies and I love being able to hold them for an hour or 2 but I love being able to give them back *G*.

Leiha said...

Maybe because they know Auntie spoils them, LOL. As I get older my thoughts of becoming a momma dim, we'll see what the future holds.

LOL I agree about the giving the kids back part!