I'm going to concentrate on the meat....

Those were Brenda's infamous words to me, yes, it warmed the cockles of my heart! Today Brenda (aka BAM) came up so we could eat and shop. For most of you a shopping adventure is for clothes or books for us, it was for food, LOL. As soon as BAM found out there was an all u can eat Korean restaurant up here she was on it! Sure, she had to twist my arm....NOT! So we met at Cho Wan and we were in heaven! This place not only had Korean food, it had Chinese (we didn't eat on that side much) and some sushi! Here's pics of the Chinese side of things.
Korean food is all about the side dishes, called pan chan. And of course, the meats that are barbecued at your table. We picked the meats (all beef for us) and the waitress grills it for us while we just eat.
I had a couple of pieces of sushi but I went there for the Korean.We just feasted. I got up to get more pan chan and asked BAM what she wanted and that's when she said those infamous words, LOL. Of course, my eyes were bigger then my stomach and we had some meat that was uncooked on our table and I was worried. We couldn't finish it, there was just no way. I was looking at her and she was looking at me both of us wishing we had ziploc bags, not because we were cheap but because we didn't want to waste the food. BAM suggested cooking it and wrapping it in lettuce leaves to sneak it out, LOL. But we fessed up when the waitress came by and she was totally cool. Did I mention I had reached the point of pain? Luckily it didn't last long.

The goal was to eat first so we wouldn't buy too much food at the market. You know Peeps get bought when you're hungry! Super H Mart on the weekend is a madhouse! Luckily, I had no problem working that shopping cart. BAM was having a field day there. We were impressed by the giant onions!Once we stocked up on produce we went to the seafood section.


I bought 3 king crab legs for $10! That will be my dinner tonight when I eventually get my appetite back. What I love about Brenda s her willingness to try everything. These are samples of the dried foods, such as the squid. I was too full to eat many samples, they had samples throughout the store but I was too full but I was pushing BAM to try them and she did. She bought kim chee, short ribs to make kalbi, rabbit, lamb and a marinade for her ribs, thank goodness I remembered to tell her not to eat the shell on the edamame, LOL. She bought a ton of other goodies too and we didn't even hit the whole store, LOL. It was a wonderful day full of food and friendship!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

14 Mannions Speak :

Bo said...

All u can eat meat BBQ'ed AT your table-now THAT is a restaurant,LOL.I would be in heaven.I miss my rare and medium rare steaks (have to eat well-done b/c of being prego) so I really have not been eating steak,'cause if I can't have it bloody and faintly mooing,I don't really want it.We don't have any Korean restaurants around here,but I would totally be trying some if we did,since it looks and sounds delish! We have two Chinese buffets
in town and they are both gross,and a slew of restaurants that pass themselves off as Chinese but if I wanted that tasteless shite I would cook Chinese at home *G* The one good Chinese place is on the other side of town,so we don't go there too often,but it is always good.

This town is woefully behind on restaurants-we just BARELY got an Olive Garden a month ago.They are building a new place about 20 mins. from here called Texas Roadhouse.I've never heard of it.

I want a Green Burrito/El Pollo Loco,a Marie Callendar's,and a Fuddrucker's.That would keep me from bitching about the dining choices here for a while,LOL.

Sounds like you both had a great time,and HOORAY for the samples-they are always doing samples when I'm in Costco,I love it.I'm such a cheat-I'll get more and say it''s for the kids *G*

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I had no idea you weren't supposed to eat rare/med rare meat when pregnant...

We used to have a marie callendars, they had the BEST pot pies! We had a THUDpuckers for a long time too, and they had the best chicken strips evah.

Sounds like you & BAM had a perfect day, I would soooo love to try Korean, you have converted me and I haven't even tried it yet LOL

(((hugs!)))

Brenda said...

Ah, Aimee, the very first bite of Korean meat and I was hooked! hehehehe. Even my 11 year old picky daughter loved it!
I'm pretty adventurous when it comes to food. The dried octopus, squid and shrimp were good. The only thing I didn't like was the raw shrimp in salty red-sauce. Too salty and fishy for me.
If Leiha hadn't been there to direct me, I wouldn't have tried any of the dried food, thinking that they're only used in cooking. It was good by itself.
Wow, it was a different world at the Super H Mart. The eye-candy wasn't bad either. ;o)
And the PRICES! I now feel like I've been raped by Kroger, WalMart, Ingles and Publix. The meat and seafood at H-Mart was about half-priced, consistently.

Bo, you would like the Korean meat. (Hehehehe...can't help myself)
It's not like steak that's better rare. (I like my steak mooing too.)
It's like bbq, but with it's own Korean flavor. Wonderful! And the side-dishes are much healthier than American food. Mostly veggies with yummy sauces.
I'm going to get a Korean cook-book and give it a shot. I'll still probably have to have Leiha help me figure out what's-what for a while. Yes, I would have eaten the Endamame pods if you hadn't have told me. LOL!
It was a blast. Thanks for mentoring me!
Muah!

Leiha said...

Bo I LOVE rare steaks but with Korean bbq it's always cooked well and you don't mind because it's so flavorful. Maybe you can talk to Ro about finding one in Vegas so you can try it. I'm bummed I won't be able to iniate you myself my Ro has been a great student.

I'm not usually a fan of Chinese buffets unless they're more Chinese then American and I'm not expecting that where you live, LOL. I used to love to get El Pollo Loco's bean burritos for less the $2, it was huge and by the time I piled on all of hte different salsas and pico de gallo it was a feast! And I love MC pies! I hope you get some good restaurants, that's a must!

Korean food is definitely for a meat eater. You and Nancy have to go exploring the next time she comes to town.

Brenda, you ate raw marinated squid, I don't blame you for not liking it but hey, you tried it, LOL. I can't wait to see how the kalbi turns out. I used to cook mine on the Forman grill I bet it tastes even better on a real grill! Next time we do Vietnamese!

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is probably the second time I have ever posted to a blog but I had to share.

Once again I find myself in awe of my wife Brenda. You probably know her better as BAM. She has always been able to keep me satisfied – with meals and other important things that make life worth living. But she outdid herself when she made up her mind to fix a Korean style dinner. Dang she did a good job.

BAM grilled Kalbi beef and served it with Kim-chee on the side. It was wonderful. Our daughter was sucking the flavor off the bones. (She’s so much like her mother). I was jealous after hearing and reading about the food and fun they had yesterday. We are now trying to find a time soon that we can to go back. Leiha, can you do it more than once in a month - food safari that is. Okay, part of the credit has to go to Leiha. Without her, BAM would never have made it to the Super H Mart. She is also the one that introduced us to Korean cuisine.

Leiha, thank you for expanding our culinary experience as well as my waist line. And to my lovely wife, thank you for another wonderful meal.

Mr. BAM

Leiha said...

Awww Mr BAM, how wonderful to see you here! It took me awhile to recover from yesterday, I ate myself silly (and we commented the whole time on how you missed out, LOL) but I'm fully recovered now and am ready to go anytime you all want!

Sounds like dinner turned out fabulously and Charlie is a chick after my own heart, I love to lick the bones clean myself!

I love the fact that you are as open minded with food as BAM is, it really makes it fun for me. I look forward to our next cuinary adventure and bring a cooler so you can really stock up, LOL.

Leiha said...

I don't know if I mentioned this or not but the buffet was only $12, yippee skippy!

Nes said...

Damn chick! That was some feast! I wish you had taken me to a Korean when I was there. I would have totally loved it! I love meat! *wiggles brows* LOL.

However, unlike you, after I've eaten a lot I don't even think of going food shopping afterwards! LOL.

The first thing I noticed when I saw the prices on the pic was the price of the King Crabs. How cheap! Shit! And I knew you would buy it. LOL.

I'm glad you had a good time and had fun. It's great to enjoy it with a good friend as well.

I'm happy for ya, chick!

Brenda said...

FYI: Brian watched yesterday's video "What What in the Butt".
I wish you could've seen the look on his face as he was watching it.
Hehehehe!

Karen said...

Yum yum. I have to check to see if there is a Korean place around here. We have a lot of middle Eastern, Japanese and Chinese, but I'm not sure about Korean.

Everybody should be so lucky to have someone as appreciative as Mr. BAM! What a guy.

Karen

Leiha said...

Nes, I know how much you love meat, LOL! It wa difficult food shopping. I stocked up on produce but had no interest in buying anything else which sucked because I had no meat at home, LOL. I had to run to the store today! The king crab legs were awesome but I couldn't enjoy them as fully as I should have, still being full from lunch. Next time I'll take pics, the chunks of crab were huge!

LMAO I wish I could have seen Brian's face!

Karen, definitely see if you can find a Korean restaurant. Order Kalbi/galbi spelled differntly at differet resturants.

Nes said...

Did you finish it all?!?

Leiha said...

Of course i did, I can't waste crab, unlike someone I know who tossed a lobster.

Nes said...

I was full!!! Okay, okay, even JK is still teasing me about that one. Tossing a lobster in Cuba. Gads.... *shakes head*