I'm just a hunk a hunk of burning love...

OK, I'm a hunk of burning something! So yesterday, while not ready to eat my stomach and insides felt much better. I didn't go to the bathroom most of the day, it was wonderful! Because I was having no problems I didn't take any pepto before I went out. I don't like to take anymore medicine then I have to. Big mistake!

So I dolled myself up to meet Dao, wore my magic dress, you know the one I'm talking about, the long black one with stripes that makes me look like an Amazon. I even put on makeup because I told Nancy I would. Originally we had plans to go to dinner before the show but I cancelled that. You know things are bad when I'm turning down dinner, LOL. I did debate whether to get popcorn but decided it was best I didn't but people all around me were eating it, me sad:( The theater is very close to the Varsity which is a landmark drive thru burger joint so Dao wanted us to go there after the show, I told her that was so not a good idea, LOL.

The show we went to see was All Shook Up, a musical set to the music of Elvis. I love Elvis. I grew up watching his movies on tv every weekend and come on, his music is fun. I thought it would be great to go to a show already knowing the songs. Too bad my tummy started rumbling almost immediately. I could not enjoy the show as fully as I wanted to. The big name on this show was Susan Anton, she can sing! The show was not as popular as Spamalot, there were emtpy seats, luckily, the ones directly in front of us were empty since I thought the guy 2 rows n front of us was too tall, so much for being an Amazon! Finally about half way thru the first act I told Dao I would have to leave at intermission. I felt bad because Dao didn't want to stay without me. It's a fun show and I would have like to stay to the end but that just wasn't going to happen.

I learned my lesson and today I popped a pepto as soon as I got up since my stomach was still upset this morning. I told Nancy that if I don't feel like I'm getting better by Friday I will go to the Dr's. Hopefully I'll soon be talking about things other then my intestinal problems! I hope the weather is great this weekend. I need to wear a bikini after all this since there won't be anything in my stomach but bananas and apples, LOL. No, I don't have a pool but I will find some reason to wear a bikini damn it!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Bummer Leiha that you feel so icky. Have you tried taking some probiotics to regulate your poor guts? (I take probiotics every day but extra if I get sick)

I'm glad to find another Elvis lover. I sing an Elvis song to my kid as his lullaby, since the day I brought him home from the hospital. Everyone thinks I'm weird but I don't care.

Nes said...

Hey chick, sorry to hear you didn't get to enjoy All Shook Up. I know you were looking forward to that. Did you even sing-a-long?

So the na-nas didn't help? You've got a bug, L. Better have it checked out..

The weather here is amazing! I'm going to be tanning in the backyard this weekend, or go to the beach. So, yaay, bikini time! I hope you get great weather too.

Take care! And get well soon!

Anonymous said...

Aw, so sorry to read of your poor tummy and hope the pepto works.

Sad that you had to miss part of the show, especially since you are such a Elvis fan, but better leaving than getting ill in public for sure.

Finished Hell Kat and starting Inferno. Liked it, but wanted some more romantic scenes--if that is possible while trying to survive in a near apocalyptic (sp?) post nuclear world while on the run from vamps and mutants, but enjoyed it.

xo

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Damn girl, You need to see a doctor, you've been sickly for too long. Don't mess around with the internal stuff chic, fix it! A couple days was long enough eh?

I'm sorry you didn't get to finish your show :(

Nes, no fair about all the sun you're getting. Weather sucks here...

Leiha said...

I don't know what probiotics are Sara. I've been taking pepto. I took Immodium AD at first but when the cramps came on, pepto it was.

I love Can't Help Falling in Love With You, In the Ghetto and Suspicious Minds!

I did sing a lng on a couple of songs but I didn't get to really enjoy it like I wanted to. I wish I had your yard so I could sunbathe topless!

I wouldn't say I'm a huge Elvis fan but I'm definitely a fan.

Hell Kat doesn't have a lot of romance? Bummer! We'll have to talk more in depth. I am reading Dangerous Games right now, it's not bad. Hot sex, LOL.

I am on the comeback trail! Thank goodness! I think having the soup inside of me really helped.

Anonymous said...

Probiotics replace the good bacteria in your stomach. Like when you take anti-biotics. They kill off all the stuff in your system but you are supposed to have some bacteria in there, to digest and stuff. So probiotics replenish. You can get the same affect by eating live culture yogurt, but you have to eat alot of yougurt. And I don't know about you but I can't eat that much. You can get probiotics at the health food store or the health food section at your grocery store.

Rosie said...

That stinks that you had to miss part of the show. It actually sounds like a good one. Hope it comes to Vegas some day. I love me some Elvis!!

Take care, sweetie and feel better soon!!!

Hugs and smooches.

Leiha said...

Thanks for the info Sara, I will go to the vitamin store today and ask about it.

Girl, I think you and Mark would have a blast there. then you can tell me the ending, LOL.