One small step for me, a giant leap for mankind...

Ok, maybe no a giant leap, LOL. As I type this I have 2 loads of laundry on the wash. Now when they will get folded is a whole different ball of wax but like I said, one small step, LOL. Like Aimee, I still have the suitcase out, full of clothes that need to be put away but I found it's much more tolerable if I throw the clothes back in the suitcase then looking at them sitting on my carpet, LOL. Yes, I will get them put away, someday...

I also went grocery shopping today. Honestly, by the time I was done running errands I did not want to go to the market but my stomach reminded me that woman cannot live on edamame alone. As for the chocolates, I'm not a big chocolate eater so don't worry Ms Phlexie, they won't put too much of a crimp on my diet. Now that I carry my own shopping basket I only buy what I can fit in which is good, means less room for crap and I don't buy so much fruit and veggies that they go bad. Lina inspired me with her pasta dish so I bought some pasta, lots of veggies, some grapes and some milk. That will get my pantry started.

I also spent some time today working on my secret project. If all goes as planned and our webmaster is available I'll be able to tell you about it early next week.

So I signed up a few weeks ago for Aveda's rewards program and they sent me a couple of postcars in the mail for some free goodies. You can't beat that. I did pay $10 to join the program but already made my money back. The cool thing is on your birthday month you can go in and they will make you a signature scent product. They have all of these different scents and you pick out whichever one you like the best by process of elimination and you can get that scent in lotion, shampoo, conditioner, body scrub or spray. I chose the conditioner since I was running out. They will even put some color in it which will help the color of your hair so I'll be using black conditioner, LOL. Some of you may be wondering why I get a coupon for April when my birthday is in September. I actually have 2 birthdays, one I celebrate and the one on my driver's license. Legally I am an April Fool's birthday, how appropriate huh? When flying to Key West the security guy at the airport sang happy birthday to me, LOL. I told Nancy she forgot to wish me happy birthday since she always celebrates both my birthdays as a best friend should (and because she can never remember which one is real, LOL). At least Aveda remembered!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Tammy Lafontaine said...

Well Happy One of your Birthdays!

Not sure how that really happened, but knowing you there is prolly a story behind it I'm not familiar with! LOL

And I know exactly what you mean by washing clothes, but not knowing when/if they will get folded! LOL Or w/me they get folded but never properly put away, so I have 3 piles of clean clothes on our futon that have been there 2 weeks!LOL

As for projects...I'm working on a lil Easter timed one myself. Trying to make up for almost giving so many poor woman heart failure w/my April Fool's Day pranks! LMAO

NancyB said...

OK - So I forgot to call ON the day, your right. Lets talk about all the times we discussed gifts. I tired to celbrate when we were together... but somebody didnt like my gift suggestions. humph!

I sorted my clothes to wash from the suitcase last night, but I didnt wash because I need to get the clothes from all over the rest of the house before I wash. I should (fingers crossed) get to that tonight.

L said...

Laundry is the bane of my existence. I hope that some day I can afford a laundry service. HA!

Happy belated sort of birthday LOL. I get the Aveda awards too, I love the pure-fume gift they send you every year!

Brenda said...

What's edamame?
I want to hear this birthday story some day. April Fool's Day is so perfect for you! hehehe
Speaking of Easter, my mother bought me a HIDEOUS outfit to wear to church on Easter Sunday. I'll have to wear it and smile so I don't hurt her feelings. Brian's offered to spill coffee on it so I'll have to change. I love that man. ;o)

BAM

Nes said...

Shit! I was probably half drunk when you were talking about your 2 birthdays or I would have wished you a very very happy birthday on the first! Anyways, Happy Belated B-day, girlfriend! MWAH!

Well, you know how much I hate laundry and ironing... so let's not go there. LOL!

Aveda.. why does that name sound familiar to me.. hmmm.

Leiha said...

LOL don't worry, when my real birthday comes around I shout it from the rooftops. THer's always a story with me *G*. I really should at least get my laundry out of the laundry room. Can't wait to see what your project is.

Girl, I remember me telling you your present cost too much money and I didn't want you to spend that money on me, so don't make me sound like too much of a diva, even though I am, LOL. Baby steps Nancy, I understand.

Ohhh, can't wait to get a pure fume gift! I don't know when laundry became such a pain to me, I think it's when I started working at home for some crazy reason, LOL.

Yay BAM, you remembered your password! Edamame are soy beans and are usually served in sushi restaurants. You can buy them at the asian market when we go. I can't wait to see your Easter outfit. I was just whining to Dao wishing we had hats to wear for Easter, LOL.

Nes, I don't remember if I told you about my brithday so you're forgiven, this time, LOL! Aveda is a great skin care company. I am not wowed by the conditioner though because my hair was so tangled when I was done with it.

Anonymous said...

U is one SHADY girl...first U was a Ha and now U is a Mann...2 Birthdays... what past is U runnin from?

BTW...THEN and THAN aint the same word... U should know that, doesnt U work for a writer?

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Shit chic,
I forgot too, and I do vaguely remember you telling me in Jersey. I blame the Goose for my errant memory. Happy belated, MWAH!

I FINALLY did laundry yesterday, and I even put it all away today. (but only because the housekeeper was here today, heh) I unloaded my suitcase too. However... it's still on the floor of my closet...
I did get 550 seedling trays sown today though!

Leiha said...

Let's not forget the changing first names too, shhh, don't tell the gubberment.

Leiha said...

Aimee, you're doing much better then I am but I'm determined to get my laundry folded and the rest of the clothes put away today. There are no excuses!