Wild Hogs was the # 1 movie this weekend...

It's a movie about a bunch of men going through a mid-life crisis on motorcycles. Really not my kind of movie but I'm sure it's funny. Oprah had the cast on her show and Martin Lawrence actually seemed low key in comparison to the others. Looks can be deceiving. I have a friend, let's call him the Jackal, who worked on the movie. I emailed him to ask for a story on the set for my blog. This story isn't juicy but it talks about the ridiculousness that is Hollywood.

Martin Lawrence had a multimillion dollar bus that he used as his on set trailer. The bus would park, and then the top section would raise up, and then another section on top of that would raise up, creating a private sun deck on top with a "patio cover". He traveled with a huge posse, and they of course needed their space too. His posse had 2 semi size trucks. One was for them to hang out in, and the other was for their "equipment." They would park the three vehicles to create three sides to a square, and no one was allowed in to their courtyard area in between the trucks. The equipment semi would often unload basketball court equipment, and other expensive toys.

Isn't it funny that it's always the wannabe star with the big attitude? Of course John Travolta could have done this if he wanted to but he didn't. I'm sure he flew his jet to the set but that's because he loves flying, not because he needs to show off what a big man on campus he is.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

That is just a little bit of over compensating????

PS have a query, why does all the tv (Heroes, Grey's etc) finish until April??? Did you see heroes BTW, I mean OMG!!!!

Anonymous said...

Tim and I want to see this movie. It looks funny. But of all the guys in it, Martin Lawrence is probably my least favorite. I used to like him years ago when he was newer, but then, he just didn't seem that funny.

I really want to see 300! I have become more of a Gerry Butler fan. And OMG, have you seen his chest? He said he worked out 4-6 hours a day for the movie, and it shows. And he's got the most gorgeous kissable mouth!

Leiha said...

I agree Sarah! Wonder how little his penis is, EG!

I know Heroes is in repeats til April, I don't know when Grey's comes back but it will be a few weeks too. The good news is there's a new Lost every week til the season finale.

Last nights Heroes was AWESOME! Love that show!

I enjoyed ML in Bad Boys but other then that as a movie star he does nothing for me. I used to watch his tv show.

Can someone tell me what 300 is actually about? I've seen commercials, watched GB on Ferguson last night and still don't know, LOL. BTW, is it jsut me or does GB talk more out of one side of his mouth? I mean I stayed up late to watch him so it could have just been because I was tired, LOL.

Melissa said...

ML isn't a favorite of mine either. I've only seen about three movies he was in. I can't really say, though, if the worst of it was him, or the scripting.

I do want to see Wild Hogs, though. It looks like a hoot.

L said...

I can't believe the schwag stars demand for showing up to work every day! Thanks for getting us some dirt LOL.

I Tivo'd the GerBear interview last night, hopefully will get to watch it later today. He's always so funny, especially when he's with Craig Ferguson. The movie is about the Spartans, and by the director of Sin City, so I have very very high hopes for it. It's going to be bloody and very intense. And from the looks of it, there is very little clothing being worn. Count me in!

XOXOXOX

Nes said...

Haven't seen the movie or heard of it, but I'll definitely watch out for it.

Not being a series fan, I've never seen Heroes or GA.

Yeah, shoot me. LOL!

Rosie said...

Wow, that's interesting, but not surprising with ML. He seems like a bit of a show-off. LOL. I really do want to see the movie though because I love the other guys in it. I think even the kids would enjoy it!

I'm not a huge fan of GB, but I do think he is a little sexy. I loved him in Phantom of the Opera! Don't think I'll see 300 since I'm not fond of the gladiator movies either. I'm a bit picky, eh? LMAO!

I'm loving Heroes, but hate the repeats! I'm going to get the GA season 1 on DVD so that I can catch it. I never started watching it so if I start now, I'll be lost.

Smooches!!

Leiha said...

Wild Hogs would be something I would watch on TV but not go to the movies to see.

Bloody and intense? Count me out, LOL. I could tell that GB and Ferguson were great fans of each other which is always fun to see.

Nes, you're forgiven, you're a foreigner, LOL.

Honestly, I didn't see what all the fuss was about GB last night. Heroes last night was awesome! Repeats suck! You definitely need to get on the GA bandwagon, it's n awesome show!

Sarah said...

I cannot wait to see the 300, say the 300 seconds promo and drooled a lot! those were not 6 packs they were 10 or 12 packs!!!

Leiha said...

well, I may have to watch stills from the movie since I do love the abs!

I'll have to ask the Jackal if he has any scoop on GB or his movie.