OK, I feel better, LOL...

You all know this is an interactive blog and I love reading your responses and comments. Aimee, I KNEW you were flying, LOL.

Lina, Nes and I all flew out of Vegas on the same flight. Originally we had a layover in Atlanta for 2 hours but since this is my home we decided to do a longer layover so I could take Nes to my apartment. It was a brilliant idea, except for one little detail. I left my keys in my suitcase, d'oh! My only excuse is it was a long week. We tried to get the other flight but it was oversold so here we are waiting to get to Philly after a sleepless night on our plane. Whenever I've had a red eye in the past they have had blankets and pillows for everyone, this was not the case here. Only first class got blankets. When we asked for them we were told they were all given out, yeah, to the first class customers! It was too cold for any of us to get much sleep and you know I love my sleep. While waiting we all bought pillows and blankets so we could get some rest before we meet up with the other gals.

I decided this post would we about Nobu. OMG, one of the best meals I can remember. Unfortunately, I had a lot of acid reflux this trip that really kicked in when I drank so I didn't drink as much as I would have normally. I've never had a problem with this before. The good news though is it didn't affect my ability to eat and to enjoy food, LOL. Lina, Linda and Su had eaten at Nobu last year and really enjoyed it so we decided we had to do it this year too. Before our reservation we had drinks at the bar at the Hard Rock Hotel. Nope, no drink for me (sad).Luckily I don't need booze to have a good time, LOL.

I told the waiter at Nobu I wasn't going to order drinks until after I had some food in me, that is, until Linda ordered a lychee martini. Then I had to order one too, LOL. But I nursed it all night long. I had read in reviews that Nobu was too crowded but I didn't feel that way at all. There was a lot more space inside the restaurant then I expected. We ordered our food family style and we put Linda in charge so we didn't all order the same thing. Eating with a bunch of people was the way to go because we were able to try many things, all of it pretty freaking good. I wish I had pictures of everything but unfortunately sometimes we were too busy eating to remember to take a photo. We started off with edamame (soy beans) and a cucumber salad. Then they rapidly started bringing out our dishes. We had the kobe beef raw which was fantastic. I think it's marinated, sort of like a steak tartar. We barely remembered to squeeze in this pic.
This was one of my favorite things from an eveing of wonderful food. I love yellowtail so I was happy when we ordered yellowtail with jalapeno. Like butter! Next up was the scallops. They normally come with 4 but the waitor hooked it up so that all of us could have one (some dishes we ordered two, some one). The scallops were so tender and delicious the girls wanted more!After that it was time for the tempura. Lina had an avocado tempura which I had never heard of or had, I'll have to keep that in mind for the future. Then it was time for some sushi rolls. We had the spicy tuna, salmon and eel. I think the eel was my favorite. Now you all have an idea how much I enjoy food, LOL, well I love to read restaurant reviews and while reading about Nobu everyone raved about the black cod with miso so that was my pick for something we had to try. I don't have any pics of it because when we bit into it all thought of photographing it went out the window. It really lived up to the hype and we had 2 big pieces that we cut up so we could all enjoy, it felt almost like eating a big juicy steak. When planning this meal we figured we would each spend anywhere between $100-$150. We had enough food for everyone to enjoy and drinks and the cost averaged about $70 per person. SCORE!!! It was a wonderful way to enjoy Nobu because we got to try so many different dishes. Definitely a meal to remember.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

L said...

Oh wow! That looks amazing, Leiha. I'm sitting here with my mouth watering. So much for being satisfied with a PB&J for lunch LOL. XOXOXO

Rosie said...

I got to work and told the one food conniseur (sp?) attorney about Nobu. We had talked about it prior to going, and I told him it totally lived up to our expectations. Especially the two lychee martinis that I had (no nursing one for me, LOL). I think my personal favorite was the steak too. Mmm. Followed closely by the black cod. That was phenominal.

So I'm taking it you are all in Philly now? That's a bummer that you didn't get a little layover to go to the apt. But now you have the week to relax! Let me tell you, I'm pretty much a zombie this morning. LOL.

Hugs!

Anonymous said...

That food looks delicious.
And you look sexy-hot in your dress!
Can't wait until you post more pics.

BAM

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering too. I'm glad it lived up to the hype.

Anonymous said...

Wow Leiha, food looks great. Wish I could take notes and splurge like you gals did. It'll be McDonalds for me LOL I plan on one nice dinner out somewhere, not sure where yet. But the rest of the time it'll be cheese and crackers...

But I'm thinking it'll be good to save my money for the strippers :)