Karaoke in the car? I like it!

Blog reader Sara (who I know from Karen's board but promises to stop by RBL, this week I believe) sent me this. There is now an attatchment to your ipod that lowers the main vocal volume so you can sing karaoke to any song on your playlist! How cool is that? My karaoke system has a ton of songs but only a couple that are actually on my playlist and they're only on it because I'm working on improving my karaoke version of it, LOL. This would be all of the songs I currently listen to. Of course, the problem I see is, I don't actually know the words to most of the songs. Plus, it's not like I could read the lyrics off of anything, I use my ipod mostly in the car and I would be driving but I don't know. I'm almost tempted to get this for my next road trip. I'm not going to because I have a vacaton or two to pay for and I do have my super awesome karaoke with my super awesome phallic microphone but this is something I'm going to keep in mind for the future. Maybe when Su and I finally take our Thelma and Louise road trip. Of course, then we'll need the megaphone attatchment so we can entertain the truckers along the way, LOL.

I told Linda I was going to post pics of my new dresses tonight but I went to the gym and not looking too pretty but I promise to take pictures tomorrow of my new dresses. Apparently my spoiled blog readers don't like to wait. My dress that I was getting altered was done today which was awesome. So stay tuned tomorrow...

BTW, I think I need another term for you all then blog readers. Any suggestions? I don't think you would like to be referred to as my subjects, LOL. How about peasant? Mann servant?

I almost forgot but here are all of the ingredients to Linda's guacamole recipe. Everything is to taste.
Avocados
red onions
jalapeno pepper
cilantro
cherry or grape tomatoes
chipotle peppers (this is key, it gives it a smokey taste and can be found canned in the mexican section of your supermarket)
fresh garlic or galic salt
little salt
lime juice to prevent browning

I think that's all of what goes in it. Just mash the avocados and chop/dice everything and add according to your preferences. Enjoy!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

17 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

LOL Leiha! I went to RBL today but didn't get a chance to post anything yet.

I'm not one for karaoke but I do love to sing along to my ipod, and I DO know the words to 90% of my tunes. The words I don't know... I don't think they're English :)

Aimee Elizabeth said...

That looks like a great gadget that you would get a TON of use from, I say get it as soon as you feasably can LOL! I have to send the salmon on Monday chic, sorry but today was high-stress and I didn't get anywhere near the post office.

Yeah, I'm impatient, and I want to see the damn dresses NOW! Heh!

How about:
The Royal Following
Leiha's Courtesans
Mann Chasers
*snort*

Joanie said...

"Leiha's Legions"?

"The Handmaidens"?
Who am I kidding? We are all soooo not 'maidenly'.

That looks like a must-buy for you hon, that gadget.

J xx

Kristi said...

WHEW!!! For a minute there, I thought you were gonna post on the OTHER iPod attachment that Sara (alias MOP) found... (Check out her blog if you know not what I am speaking of!) But, what could you possible BLOG about with THAT attachment? WAIT! We're talkin' LEIHA here.. she could come up with something -- THAT I am so sure of! xoxo, K

Leiha said...

On most of my songs I only know the chorus but I guess this would be a good way to learn, LOL.

At least you're taking baby steps and stopped by there, next step- posting, LOL.

Toys, toys and more toys! Maybe I'll talk my brother into getting it for me on my birthday. No worries on the salmon. The Ward book is on its way, I paid priority and that's a heavy ass book but I was trying to get it to you before it was released, LOL.

LMAO at your names chick, especialy Mann chasers!

Hmm, handmaidens has a ring to it, but yeah, there's nothing maidenly about this crowd!

Kristi, after my haul last week I think we can safely say I do not need another vibe, LOL. Of course, what does need have to do with want, EG!

L said...

OMG that looks like fun! Gadget Goddess Sara would know about that, LOL. Let us know how it works, and I'll put it on my birthday wish list.

XOXOXO

Leiha said...

LOL, I won't be getting it for awhile but it's nice to know it's out there for when I have some money to play with (in the distant distant future, LOL).

zinreads said...

"Mannions" you know, like Minions only different. *lol*


Ann

Leiha said...

I think we have a winner!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Mannions is perfect. Leiha's Mannions. Yep, it works. Hehehe.
I can't wait to see the dress. Post it tonight?
Chuck decided that she needs a karaoke system like 'Miss Leiha has'; her own simply isn't good enough. Spoiled-rotten little diva. Reminds me of someone....hmmmm. ;o)

BAM

Leiha said...

And how did she become a spoiled rotten diva? I did feel bad that she didn't get to karaoke with us. I'll bring it the next time I come unless she already has a new one, LMAO!

Does she remind you of you? LOL!

sparkle said...

Leiha, I can see you getting that gadget as soon as you can! American Idol Watch Out! But I can't believe no dress pic???

You did pretty well on the guacomole recipe! Rosie I can give you specifics in Vegas if you like! Also there can be some shortcuts! The key is to start tasting when adding the jalepenos or chipotles, garlic, salt and pepper for the right quantities! Also to make sure that you get some!!

Leiha said...

American Idol is too public for me, I prefer to take over the world one karaoke bar at a time, LOL. I don't want to get too famous!

Anonymous said...

No! She does NOT remind me of ME! (Thank GOD!) You, of all people, know that I can't carry a single note!! (sorry about making your ears bleed, hon'...I'll make it up to you somehow.)
It may not seem right, but, Brian (my big, hairy, manly-man) can give Michael Jackson a run for his money on the high notes. I, on the other hand, sound like James Earl Jones when he wakes up in the morning. (embarassing...) That may be sexy on a man, but I don't have the equipment to make it desirable. Hahaha!!!!
Chuck must have received some of your talent by osmosis. ;o)

Thanks SPARKLE for sharing your recipe with Leiha, who will share with her 'Mannions'. Teeheehee!

Leiha, I want to see THE dress... Waiting patiently... ;o)

BAM

Leiha said...

LMAO, I wasn't thinking of her singing abilities when I was comparing her to you!

We'll have to make Linda's guac, it's so tasty! I can't make it often because it's so good I can't stop eating, LOL.

Anonymous said...

She does come by it honestly...
She gets it from you, somehow; I swear. This 'diva-ness' doesn't run in our family. ;o)
Don't worry about eating lots of Linda's guac; you can swim many laps here to work it off. (Yeah, I'm laughing too.) We'll film you swimming one lap, loop it, and send it to Lina so she sees you swimming a gazillion laps a day.

BTW, I've decided that Chuck doesn't need to know about 'car karaoke'. ;o)

Sweet dreams!

BAM

Leiha said...

LOL, OK, if Charlie's divaness is through me, wait til we spend more time together! You know I'm all for the mini me! Of course, what will she be when she towers over me in a few months?

BAM, unfortunately this summer you will see what I consider swimming. It ain't pretty! If we taped it for Lina it would look like I was drowning, LOL.

OK, I'll TRY not to tell chuck about car karaoke. You may have to keep us separated!