Who needs a vcr?

Last night I went to sleep and Emma was playing on TBS and today when I finally dragged my butt out of bed Emmas was playing on TBS. That's one good thing you can say about TBS you don't ever have to worry about missing a movie.

Today, I has grand plans, I was going to do laundry, vacuum, start packing and go to the store and buy corned beef and make it for dinner. Want to take a guess how many of those items I actually accomplished? If you guessed zero you would be correct although I did leave the house about 9:30pm in search of a corned beef sandwhich from the deli section of my grocers. They were out so I went to the other deli, they were closed. I bought a turkey sandwhich and some potato salad. I really need to plan better. OK, it's not the planning I have a problem with it's the implementing. Oh I did take out the garbage today, yay for me!

What I did do today was read Natural Born Charmer by Susan Elizabeth Phillips. I loved it. I haven't enjoyed a book of hers so much in years. I think for awhile there her books had more of a general fiction rather then a romance feel to them but her last couple of books have gotten more enjoyable and she's now become a must read for me again. She writes characters who are so well written that when the important things happen in their lives I cry for them, I care so much. When you have such a great book calling your name, who can be bothered with laundry? Not I!

BTW, the pomegranate limeade vodka combo wasn't bad but still a little too sweet. Not enough of the limeade kick to it. Its better then the tangerine mixer I bought recently. Next up is grapefruit juice, Linda says I won't have to worry about it being too sweet then, LOL. I'm thinking ruby red grapefruit juice, yum!!!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

11 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

My fav over the summer is feijoa
smoothy/juice with plain vodka and Chi. Yum!!! Gorgeous on a hot day with ice.

Leiha said...

what is feijoa? Is it a fruit? Dish it girl!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

I hate grapefruit juice, UNLESS it's in a salty dog, then I love it LOL

You mean your not reading the other books I sent you? Chic....
give em a chance, I really think you'll like them.

Just a few more days to go...

Pamela Clare said...

Thanks for the thoughts on SEP and NBC. I'll have to give it a try. I've read only a couple of her books and noticed exactly what you said -- more of a general fiction, less romance feel. If this one was good enough to make you forget laundry on a packing day, then I need to check it out!

Safe travels, girl! And eat a bunch of really good food for me, okay?

Leiha said...

Aimee, youhave mentioned a salty dog before, what is it? I just started Jacob today but first priority has to go to author's I know, LOL.

PC it definitely depends on which of her books you read. Her first books were later re-released and they absolutely not romance to me and then it seemed like for awhile she went back to the non-romance feel but she's back with a vengeance now. Some of my other faves are Dream a Little Dream (her drkest book, most are light hearted), Nobody's Baby But Mine, Lday Be Good and Heaven Texas.

Leiha said...

Oh yeah, as for as the food, I'm on it, LOL!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

A Salty Dog is vodka, grapefruit with salt around the rim.

It's also the name of a resteraunt we have here LOL

I was talking more about the Elizabeth Haydon books chic, Heh!

Anonymous said...

I love SEP!! I have all of her books. I agree though, that NBC was better than the last couple. Though I did really like Match Me If You Can because of the scenes with her and the football players LOL Also KISS AN ANGEL was great!

Leiha said...

Oh, I'm not down with the salt around the rim, I don't salt my margaritas. Girl, those books are not high priority but I'll get to them.

I think she really started hitting her stride again with Match but I enjoyed NBC so much I want to keep reading their story.

Sarah said...

Its a kinda small green fruit. You can get feijoa flavoured vodka, might be worth a try. Duty free in Aussie luv!

Leiha said...

Good to know chick! Thanks:)