I can't pop popcorn,,,

For weeks I have been thinking about going to the movies but not because there were movies I was dying to see but because I was craving barbecue flavored popcorn. I have mentioned my love of the flavored popcorn salts they now have at movie theaters before. They even had them at the theater when we saw Spamalot, which meant I had to get popcorn, LOL. Anyway, I decided to look up online where I could buy popcorn seasoning myself instead of spending a wad at the movie theater on popcorn and turns out the grocery store I shop at has it, yippee! Unfortunately, they didn't have the barbecue flavor I was looking for so I picked up nacho cheese. I think they also have it at Blockbuster so I'll go there to look for it later.

My dinner was salty last night so I didn't feel like eating popcorn then but today ws the day. Excitedly I read the directions and cooked the popcorn for the length of time it said and just when it ended the popcorn started to pop so I added another minute and again just when it started to pop it ended. I was worried about it burning and I shook the bag and it seemed like a lot of the popcorn was popped but I was incorrect. But I have to say, having my own popcorn seasong was fabulous not as good as the barbecue but still great. At the movies I would always have to go out halfway through the bucket of popcorn to shake more seasoning on it but now I don't have to leave my seat, I can bring my own seasonings to the movies, yay! Nancy explained to me how to properly pop pocorn. I'm supposed to cook the popcorn for longer then it says and listen to it. Good to know. Here's the link to the popcorn seasoning website, you can find out where it's sold near you. http://www.kernelseasons.com/

Sarah, I wanted to let you know that there's a new Grey's Anatomy this week, guess we don't have to wait until April, LOL. Has anyone found a show that's been on tv for years and you're just now watching it? I think it's because of syndication. It broadens my horizons. Due to syndication I'm finding myself watching Life With Jim (he reminds me so much of this guy I know, LOL) and Without a Trace. A very enjoyable procedural that I never watched but it comes on at 11pm on Sat nights and midnight on Sundays and nothing else is on at that time. Now I go out of my way to watch it and tonight was the first time I watched it at it's normal time on CBS. Maybe one day I'll start watching CSI, LOL.

Since I'm talking tv, I wanted to give a shout out to one of my most favorite cops shows, Homicide: Life on the Street. I just recently found out it airs at 11am in repeats and this is a wonderfully intense well crafted show that I used to watch religiously. First started watching it because nothing else was on but soon became addicted. It's now on at the same time as the View so once they get too much I switch over. I love Bayliss!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

13 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

Thank goodness, not that I am a tv addict or anything. Have re watched on telly tonight the hot it alaska episode of men in trees. Love it. Have converted a friend of mine and made her stay up late to watch it! Now I just need to wait for April for the latest!

I never knew you could get barbecue popcorn. Not sure its me, I just like plain old butter.

Have you been tempted to see the 300? I am going strictly for the eye candy!!!

Leiha said...

TV addicts, not us, LOL. Men in Trees is an ok show for me, I don't go out of my way to watch it.

There's barbecue seasoning that you can put on popcorn and it's like barbecue flavored potato chips, yum!

I was tempted to watch 300 today because the other Sara was raving so much but I realized I just wanted the popcorn, LOL. It's way too gruesome for me. I'm a wuss and seeing heads rolling around wouuld not have been conducive to me enjoying my popcorn.

Gennita said...

I like Cold Case myself.

Leiha said...

Jenna, that's a show I've never watched all the way through. I will give it a shot, nothing is really on Sunday nights for me.

Rosie said...

Chick, that seasoning sounds good. We're forever putting bags in the micro. Now I can make my own and season it the way I like. Nacho cheese sounds like me!!

As far as criminal shows, Criminal Minds is my favorite by far. The acting is great - I love Mandy Patinkin (sp?) and the storylines are nail biters most of the time.

Smooches!!

sparkle said...

Leiha, I'm glad you are branching out in your TV sphere! I love Without a Trace, CSI, Cold Case and Criminal Minds! Now I just need my TV back to clear out my DVR!

Tammy Lafontaine said...

BBQ eh? Hmm...sounds pretty good.
You simply MUST try my favorite popcorn topping...
Cavender's All purpose Greek Seasoning!
YUM!
Careful not to use too much tho, it is potent.
I came across this new taste when I was searching for the plain old salt in my mother's cabinet. I think she may have taken the salt shaker onto the back patio table. The point is, I had some lame ole healthy popcorn I wanted to junk up w/butter and salt and there was no salt to be found.
So...being a person of great ingenuity, I started reading seasoning lables...
Creole..."Oui" I like that blend, but not exactly what I had in mind at the moment.
Carribean..."no mon, too....jerky". LOL
Fiery Mexican blend..."muy caliente". No
Greek.."Oooo... Kalos" Sounded good.
It was way different than anything I have had on popcorn before and after several curious samplings, my family all started doing the same thing w/their popcorn too!

There was a popcorn specialty store about 20 minutes from ex boyfriend's house and he had me try all kinds of odd flavors. The sweet caramel type ones where great of course, but an unexpected one I liked was "pickles". LOL It was kinda like dill chips, which I now love.

As for TV shows I'm not sure we get anything close to the same programing up here as you do in the states. I don't have cable either, so I only watch the new stuff on weekly and don't get any "oldy but goodies".

The new ones from the states I watch are House, Ugly Betty, Bones, Heroes and I have developed a sick fascination w/America's Next Top Model. We have a Canadian version too, but I like Tyra.

Damn....now I want popcorn!! *pouts*

Leiha said...

Rosie, the boys will love the seasoning and so will you! I haven't watched Criminal Minds, although the guy from Dharma and Greg is on there Thomas Gibson and he's a hottie!

Honestely I barely watch CBS but I think I need to check out some of their shows other then the Amazing Race and Survivor, LOL. Oh, I do enjoy How I Met Your Mother. My boyfrend Jason Segel is on that show. Don't believe he's my bf? He's hugged me twice!!!

When I couldn't find the bbq flavored seasoning I did look at other spices to try to figure out what I wanted. I'll have to look for the greek seasonings. So sad that I don't buy seasoning for my food but will for my popcorn, LOL. I love ANTM but I don't like Tyra. That girl is so full of herself, ugh! I hate the chick who's the mom, she's so conceited and such a drama queen! I can't wait for her to go.

Tammy Lafontaine said...

Oh Leiha I like Tyra BECAUSE she is full of herself! LOL
Kinda like why I watch Passions... good for a laugh!

p.s. Does she have the highest forefead or what? LOL

Nes said...

Why can't you just nuke the popcorn? I need me some of those flavors. I like popcorn while watching a movie. And speaking of which, I totally enjoyed Night of the Museum. LOL. Just finished watching it.

Anonymous said...

There are few shows I watch regularly, certainly none that I make sure and watch. I do like the USA reruns of Monk and House and Law & Order SVU though.

Wait, I lie. When Project Runway is on, I try and watch that. And then I watch that Workout show because it was on after Project Runway.

Nes, we totally loved Night at the Museum. I don't always like Ben Stiller, but I thought he was good in this.

Tim and I just saw Jet Li's Fearless on Comcast On Demand. I love Jet Li. Certainly not everybody's cuppa, but man, is he a great martial artist.

Melissa said...

I can't cook popcorn either. I buy the mini-bags microwave popcorn. After several tries I had finally pegged the right amount of time for getting most the kernals popped, without burning it. Then I guess I changed brands, because now I'm burning them again.

I guess my favorite tv show is Rescue Me on FX (which isn't on right now). Before you think "Duh, of course you'd like that show", that wasn't always true.
I didn't care anything for the Boston firefighter show that used to come on some channel, I don't know, but when Rescue Me came out, I was like yeah yeah, whatever, I don't care about watching firefighters at work.
But John and the boys, mostly Ryan I think, always watched it. Then one night John wanted to watch it while laying in the bed and I said he could, I'd just go to sleep.
Only I ended up getting caught up in the show, which was hilarious as heck, and the next day I was on ebay buying the first two seasons on DVD.

(I have to say, after watching it, I couldn't believe my kids had been watching it. Ack. Not for kids.)

I also love the Sopranos, but not enough to subscribe to HBO just for it, so I have to wait until each season comes out on DVD to watch it.

I try to catch House and My Name is Earl every week.

Leiha said...

Tyra's forhead drives me freaking crazy! It's half her head! I do love Nigel though, hottie mchot!

Girl, I did nuke the popcorn, so far it's either overcooked or under. The secod bag I burned and the third I cooked less then half, LOL.

I love Project Runway but don't have cable so I go to my neighbors. I watched the marathon repeats of Workout. I can't believe Jakcie is still with that psycho chick! As for Jet Li, I love him but his movies don't usually have a HEA! I hated the ending of Hero!

Missi, I've heard good things about Rescue Me but it looks too dark and gritty for my tastes.