2 weeks til launch!!!!

and you know what that means???? That's right, it's Leiha beautification time!!!! The problem with beautifying too soon is you can peak too early which is why I usually use the two week mark as the time to start.

Here's what's on the agenda: coloring my hair. I do this myself since I don't do anything special with the color. Because I color my hair black I would have a hairdresser strip it before I change the color since I'm not willing to let it all grow out. I really don't mind the grey hair but it makes my hair look dingy and that I don't like. I saw a guy on a motorcycle today who's goatee was totally silver it was glowing. I wish my grey hair looked like that. Unfortunately it doesn't so color me black! I also have to do it soon enough that the spots I get all over my body and scalp from doing my own hair fades but not so soon that the roots start to show, LOL.

A haircut! I loved my last haircut and am not looking for anything dramatic. More like a clean up. Getting a haircut 2 weeks out is perfect. Of course, I didn't make the appointment yet so I'll have less then 2 weeks but I am sure my hair will survive the transition.

I was going to get my brows done but Dao went and got her brows done the other day without me! She didn't realize I had a vacation timeline! Sure, I could go get them done without her but she's going on her own vacay soon so I don't want to go ovr on that side of town just to get my brows done. So I'm going to leave them as is for now. I think they're doing ok.

Manicure/pedicure: I will wait til a day or two before I leave to do this. Manis have a notorious short shelf life so I can't do it too soon. As it is, I'll be bringing color just in case I need a touch up.

Using lotion! I am great at using moisturizer (day and night) but considering I have probably 10 bottles of lotion you would think I was better at lotioning. Not so much. Of course, I'll also have to shave my legs also, luckily I'm asian, shaving my legs consists of 3 swipes of a razor (Nancy hates me for that, LOL).

Last week I started my advanced night repair routine from Estee Lauder. Week 2 is when the skin looks bad but by week 3 it's good again, I'm in week two right now:( I did think this was cutting it a tad too close (it's a 21 day program) but you all know what a daredevil I am, LMAO!

I'm thinking about adding something new to the routine. I'm contemplating going to a tanning bed for the first time. I've never been but this skin needs some sun. What do you think? Anything I'm forgetting?
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Joanie said...

I have to make my hair appointment too and as I have to try a new hairdresser I am having a dilemma.
Do I leave it to a couple of days before so it'll be in peak shine and condition for Vegas, gotta have great pics...OR,
do I go a bit earlier so if it is a total disaster I have enough time to fix it up? Aargh, I hate new hairdressers!

Second, I will be having my legs waxed two days before I leave and my eybrows waxed and tinted then too. Eyelash tint too, so when by the pool I still have discernable eyelashes.

Pedi and mani the day before I go, it is a day time departure, otherwise, I'd go the day of the flight.

Fake tan on overnight the day before I go. I would love to get a spray tan, but the ones in HK are done really badly. I'd get one in Vegas if I knew someone experienced.

That's it, I am going to hit my wardrobe when S leaves for LA tonight, see what I have that works, what I need to get.
I have to ask Rosie about the weather I think.

I loved your last cut, that was sexy as, go back to that cutter.

J xx

Nes said...

I'd go a bit earlier if I was you, Jones, for your hair.

My hair appointment is next week Tuesday. Color and cut again. Same cut. LOL. I'm such an adventurer when it comes to hairstyles. Heh.

Facial next Thursday and mani/pedi and a full body massage the Monday before I leave. Like Leiha, shaving takes 3 swipes while showering. LOL.

Dunno what else I got to do to beautify myself...

I'm thinking of getting a fake tan too.... BWAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!!!

Rosie said...

Okay, girls, the weather here is hitting the 80's this weekend if that's any help. I'll keep you posted if it goes down again, but I doubt it. I'm thinking it will be in the 70s-80s for the trip here. It gets a bit cooler at night still, so a light sweater or wrap would be fine, especially since we'll probably just be getting in and out of cabs.

I'm doing the color thing this weekend too. I do it myself as well. I have to start facial stuff too, I've been so bad about it. I'm getting a manicure next weekend so it will be fresh. I may even treat myself to a pedi. Who knows!!

Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

I hate you for the 3 swipe leg shaving too! LOL For me, it's an all day adventure. I was going to have laser hair removal, but decided that taking a trip was better for my mental health. My laser gal will give me a good deal, but it's still pricey.

I take it this 2 week ritual is for your trip to Vegas? I didn't know there was a 2 week rule. This means I have to start in 2 weeks. Better prepare now.

I'm with you on the haircoloring and the gray hairs. Cover those little guys as fast as you can LOL

Leiha said...

I made my hair appointment today. I can't get in til next Thur but it's worth it. I'm totally going back to the same person who did it last time, she did such a fabulous job!

Good luck on your haircut. I say go now so you're not stressed over it.

What kind of fake tan are you using? I'm trying to figure out what I want to do with my white body, LOL.

Chick, you're lucky, you go next door to get your hair done! I have to get in the car, LOL. I could have gotten in next wed but it was at 5pm and there was no way I was going there at rush hour!

Yay Rosie! I've been hoping and praying that it was going to be warm while we were there! 80s is perfect!

Sara, it's the gift of being asian, EG! Two weeks is definitely needed to mentally and physically prepare for vacay, LOL.

sparkle said...

Leiha, And here I thought that Asian were already tan! Lotion wise I used Jergens daily glow last year, but I think Dove has one out now as well as Sally Hansen! My hair appt. just happens to be the day before Vegas! LOL And I schedule two appt. ahead!!

Glad that we may get some sun!!!

NancyB said...

Drat! 2 weeks till you guys hit Vegas? That means 3 weeks till the shore... I had better start shaving now to be ready by then! But I was checking the weather there, it averages in the 50's there, I may need all my fur to stay warm lol.

Bo said...

DO NOT,I repeat,DO NOT let them stick you in a bed with brand-new bulbs if you do go to a tanning salon.I have never been,but I've had friends that go once a week & they were fine unless they got stuck in a bed w/new bulbs-then they came out like a lobster & in severe pain and looking & feeling like shit for up to 5 days...just a warning.And they weren't all pasty white girls like me,so that can't be it,LOL.

I LOVED your haircut last time,it looked awesome! Seems pretty easy to maintain,too.

Count me in for the resentment about the shaving,too-I have scary stubble after just a day,and if I'm really lazy & let it slide 2 or so(I admit,while camping or roughing it,shaving my legs is NOT my top priority,LOL),then it heads into shag carpet-ville on the legs.*G*

Leiha said...

I bought some tanning lotion today. I was going to get Dove but it was all sold out so I got some Loreal lotion, it'll moisturize and color me. Of course your hair is scheduled 2 apptmnts out, LOL!

Nancy, if you're sleeping in bed with me you better shave! I don't want razor burn if your leg hits mine in the middle of the night, LOL.

Bo, I decided against the tanning bed idea. I've never done it and just before my vacation is not a good time for a learning curve, LOL.

My last haircut was awesome. It was definitely wash and go hair and it grew out looking great too! Bo, you don't want to know how rarely I shave my legs. I want you to still be my friend, LOL.

Melissa said...

I'm glad you decided against the tanning bed Leiha. I always say, even fish-belly-white is prettier than cancer. (If you don't believe me, I'll show you my scar!)

Let's see, my pre-trip schedule goes like:
Night before: wash hair, shave armpits (if needed).
Morning of: brush hair, put on clothes.

There, I'm ready to go. May not be beautiful, but two weeks or two months isn't going to help that, lol.