You better love somebody!

OK, I watched the Daytime Emmy Awards tonight and Rick Springfield was rocking the house which made me think of a few years ago when I went to see him in concert. I rarely pay money to see people in concert. I don't spend much money on music and in this case I didn't buy the tickets either. I had a friend who worked in radio. It was a small station but she was able to call in a favor and we got to go see Rick Springfield for my birthday. She had no idea what kind of seats they were but I didn't care, it was free and it was Dr Noah Drake!

Anyway, we get there and head to our seats. We keep walking more and more forward. Our seats were in the front row one seat away from being dead center! They were awesome. The Motels opened and the lead singer still had an awesome voice. Then it was time for RS. He was awesome, so much energy and enthusiasm. There's a metal fence between us and the stage but he steps out onto it into the audience and walks among them as he plays. With the spirit of my girlfriends egging me on when he walked by me I totally touched his ass, LOL. Then there's one song where he asks people to come up. I totally hopped that fence (good thing there was a chair on the other side for me to land on) and got my ass onstage. So I was dancing along to RS and then when it was time to leave I was not going until I got a hug from Rick. I did, LOL.

Watching him on tv tonight was fun because he really is that energetic onstage and the funny thing. He's my dad's age!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

I just saw Rick Springfield this morning on an infomercial for an 80's compilation called 80's Gold. Man was I in love with him back in the day, LOL! You know I wanted to be Jesse's girl!

Leiha said...

You and me both chick!

Leiha said...

It was a proud moment for me, LOL.