Eye of the Tiger

I don't know how many of you know this but the actual reason I came to Los Angeles this weekend was to support my friend Brian D. He has been training with Joe for well over a year and this was his first fight. How could I miss it? After all, I did help train him. When Joe needed someone to spar with Brian and to work on Brian getting used to being hit I was the one for the job. I had no problem hitting Brian, I just didn't like it when Joe let Brian hit me back, LOL. Even though I knew I would be as nervous as a mother hen I totally wanted to be there to support him so a bunch of us from class, my gang really, I love them and miss them tremendously went to support Brian in his venture.

It was interesting watching all of the fights leading up to Brian's. They had an exhibition fight with these 2 kids who were like 8 years old. It was cool to see but still, I was nervous for both of them. It also made me realize that after 2 years these 8 year old boys were still better then me, LOL. Thank goodness Joe didn't talk me into fighting because let me say the women who fought last night were fierce. I was totally impressed and it humbled me. It could be because the 8 year olds were better then me too, LOL.

Finally it was time for Brian's fight. Most of the other kickboxers who were there come from Muay Thai schools. Brian is Joe's first fighter so he didn't have all of these other fighters cheering him on but he did have us and we made plenty of noise, LOL. We represented! On Brian's first round he domintated which was great because my legs were jello. I wanted him to win so bad and he did! It was so awesome to see all of that training and hard work pay off. I was so happy to be there with my friends supporting our friend. Of course, from now on Brian will just have to em me the gory details, the commute is a bit much.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 Mannions Speak :