Dancing is an art form

that I don't think I posess. I just find it so difficult to follow someone else's lead, LOL. Of course, it has a lot to do with your partner and a lot of the pressure is on the leader but unless I have a strong leader it's hard for me to let go. Let's just say my toes got stepped on on more then one occasion today. I'm great at just dancing on a dance floor (it's all about the pelvic movements, do those and the guys don't care what else is going on) unless I'm dancing with a guy who wants me to react to their movements. I'd rather just close my eyes and do my own thing and let's not even discuss line dancing. Ok, lets. The elctric slide is so simple yet I cannot do it without counting, 1, 2, 3 clap! It's mortifying for me, LOL. I think it's time to bring the Lambada back because that is about the only partner dance where I'm good at!

I can't remember my partner's name here but he's actually a really good dancer and of course it helps that he's closer to my height, earlier I was dancing chest to belly with a guy, it's hard to be sexy dancing with a guys belly. Notice my impressive chest action here (I had to lean more forward then the other gals).


I wanted to try and give you an idea of what the store looks like. It's a neighborhood market. To the left of this pic is the deli and where everyone is dancing there are usually tables and chairs. This was taken at the end of the night, just imagine about 8 or 10 couples on this floor. It's insane, we get lots of traffic jams. This is Linda and Bruce dancing. Linda is fantastic at the tango, damn it (I'm not jealous). Bruce was a horrible dancer the first day but he went home and practiced and now he's one of the best ones. I guess if I would do some homework I would get better. Nah, I'll just blame my partners, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

I forgot to mention that they played the Twist to get us all to move our waist and it was just funny looking around the room at everyone and we were laughing and enjoying each other's company so while I'm not dancing as well as I would like I do love taking the class.

As for watching people's smiles, I dance with my eyes closed so I can feel the music, it's not helping, LOL.

Anonymous said...

Leiha, I feel your pain. I like to dance, but I'm a much better dancer without a partner. Tim, on the other hand, is a great dancer. His mother dragged him and his sister to dance lessons when he was younger, and he is a great pairs dancer. Of course, he dances better with his sister than with me, but I hope to rectify that soon. I was just thinking the other day that next fall/winter, I want to take dance lessons with him. I think it would be a lot of fun. Hopefully, I don't get too frustrated and pissed off!

Leiha said...

LOL, you guys will have a great time! Just think of the fun you two will have practicing. You'll have to let me know what classes you guys end up taking. Our teacher is having this gathering with his teacher's students when we're done. My prayer is that we just keep going backwards the whole time with no fancy footwork, I don't see that happening though:)