Vegetarian hamburgers, they're not so bad

I have so not been exercising since I've moved so to make up for that fact I'm trying to eat more healthy. It's a constant struggle because truth is I'm usually better at the exercise part of it but until I get up and out I decided I'll have to eat better. Well not only is it time but I'm going on vacation in a week so this is sort of preventive maintenance since I have no control over what I eat when I'm on vacation, LOL.

I am also trying to get Jordan to eat better and turns out he's enjoyed his veggie burger on whole wheat bread. I do still let him have ketchup, mustard, pickles and lettuce so it's done up like a burger (mine was plain, well I did have a pickle too, LOL) and he enjoyed it with the carrots and celery I cut up. Only problem was, I was still hungry afterwards but I did not succumb and didn't eat anymore right away. I also resisted the lure of pizza tonight, dang my sister and her skinny butt!

I actually enjoy healthy food as does Jordan (he loves broccoli) but I think my downfall is the convenience of unhealthy food. Today we were driving by KFC and Jordan mentioned that he hadn't had KFC in a long time, I love KFC but I told him it would have to wait until after my vacation and he was ok with that. He's actually lost 3 pounds since he moved in with me and that's just after having spent a week in WA eating like crap. He hardly drinks juice anymore, we always drink water. I think I've made him more aware of what he eats, what's healthy and what's not but hopefully I've done it in a way that doesn't make him self conscience. The fact that he's losing weight is great but I'm stressing to him it's about being healthy. It's not easy but I have Jordan by my side fighting the good fight! Well at least until I go on vacation, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

Morning star is the brand I use. I also like their breakfast patties. I will try their spicy black bean veggie burger, sounds yummie. I was amazed that Jordan liked it because he didn't like the sausage too much. I guess a veggie burger is better then no burger at all, LOL.

Leiha said...

If you dress it up like a burger I bet V won't even notice the difference. Good luck and let me know what he thinks.