The dreaded day

At least I know it was for me. Lately I've really fallen in love with wearing jeans. I used to not wear them often but over the past year or two I've really been working on my denim collection. So with the purchaes of all of my fabulous new shoes last Dec. I decided it's time for some expensive jeans. I'm a Ross shopper, I look for bargains, spending a couple of hundred dollars on jeans goes against everything I am but there's a reason the jeans cost so much, they make you look fabulous.

I tried to find the pair of jeans I wanted at Xmas but it was horrible, I couldn't find anything I wanted or that fit me correctly. I wanted to let my brother know where to buy my jeans, the size and style. I informed him I must have a gift card or cash to buy my dream jeans. He told me if I came home for Xmas he would get me something nice (for all of those Xmas's he didn't, out of sight, out of mind). So when Xmas morning came around and he handed me a card I was ecstatic. I love getting what I ask for, LOL.

I wanted to wait until I got rid of my holiday weight before I bought my jeans but then I decided to move and forget losing weight, I'm just trying to prevent the dreaded weight gain which so far, I'm unsuccesful at. I'm going on vacation in a couple of weeks and decided it's time. I want my jeans even if my weight is not exactly where I want it to be. Like Linda days, if I lose weight I can still wear them:)

So Linda and I headed to Nordstrom's grabbing tons of jeans in 3 different sizes since I wasn't exactly sure where I was at now. Then came the trying on of all of those jeans. You know how it is, you grab 10 jeans and hope you look decent in 1. I was happy that the damage to my waistline wasn't as bad as I thought, yay, but still could have been better, LOL. Luckily, the first pair of jeans I tried on looked pretty good so I didn't have to start off the experience humiliated. Linda was there to coax me through and turns out Linda knew the manager ofthat dept, Sarah, who knew everything there was to know about the jeans and they both made the process that I was dreading so much more fun. They told me what they like, what they didn't and of course, I had an opinion, but at that point I was really listening to them, my experts. The salesgirls were incredibly helpful too. I actually ended up with the pair that the salesgirl picked for me. So this day I was dreading was a huge success and even though I worked up a sweat trying on all of those jeans, I had a ton of fun.

These are the jeans I bought. The embroidery is a little different, dark blue on mine but this is the cut. The brand is Goldsign and the jeans are comfortable as hell, cut wider in the waist, slightly higher and designed to make my ass look fab (better then this girl in the picture, LOL) Now I'm ready to buy my second pair of expensive jeans but I guess I should wait until I get some income coming in since that will be my own money.

Click on the pic to see a larger picture.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

Lina, being the fashion rockstar that you are I am sooo happy that you like my jeans!

OK, I will reserve my backside for you, EG.