Boys will be boys

Living with a 9 year old boy has been an experience. First off, they never stay clean! He can be at the park for 5 minutes and come back covered in mud. He usually just heads straight to the laundry room whenever he gets in to take off all of his clothes. He likes to fart and scratch a lot. I'm trying to teach him to be more subtle but he doesn't care, he's got to fart when he's got to fart and he's got to scratch when he's got to scratch and he doesn't care who's around. He's also constantly hungry. Boys eat a lot!

And when you have an active boy around you may be spending time at the emergency room. Jordan was riding the bike hills that the park has and somehow he fell and the bike landed on him and cut through his shirt and his belly. Luckily, he only needed stitches (11) but he handled it like a trooper. He was more scared at the thought of getting stitches then the actual stitches. He cried when he knew he had to get them, he didn't even feel it when she was giving them. And as soon as he was stitched up he was happy and ready to go. Of course he moved like an old man but pretty much when we got home he said it had been a good day. He says he could have done without getting hurt but overall a good day. BTW, he says it's my fault he got hurt because he was watching a movie when his friend came over and wanted to play and I told him to pause the movie and go outside, LOL.

Some of the best things about having a 9 year old boy around is he is so very affectionate. He always tells me he loves me, all of the time, I never get tired of it. He still kisses me, when he's happy about something he jumps into my arms to give me a hug or sometimes he gives me a hug just because and he lets me hold his hand. I love holding his hands, even when it's because we're sitting in the ER and he's nervous or scared or because we're driving and I just want to. He loves to help in the kitchen and gets upset if I start without him. I love it when he reads because he'll lay in my arms and I'll read my book and he'll read his. There are so many wonderful things about having a little boy in the house again.



Jordan with his Uncle Andy. This was taken last weekend.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

1 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

LOL, they would get along famously Laurie! So when ou come out this way, if you do decide to bring D the boys can play while we go play!

I love the affection he bestows upon me Karen! I cherish it while I can because who knows how long it will last. Sometimes I ask for a kiss but many times he kisses me just cause he wants to! Love it!