Dance your ass off

Last night was Sunday which means it was Tango time! Can you believe that next week will be our final class and two weeks after that the big dance? Eak!

Since class was yesterday Linda and I decided to meet for lunch. I was thinking of going for a nice leisurely lunch and gabbing with Linda. After all, we hadn't seen each other for a few days, LOL. Well, Linda had other plans. She felt like cooking, which I will never complain about but when she cooks she doesn't cook alone. So off we went to the market and then back home where we donned aprons and she put me to work. I sliced shallots, diced onions, grated cheese and cut prociutto (her secret, use scissors, works like a charm, I love the kitchen scissors, one of my favorite things, it's so versatile). I also was in charge of the artichokes that I picked out at the market. I chose 2 of the biggest chokes there. The only problem is, they were so big that they took forever to cook. They were monsters. They finished cooking after we were finished eating, LOL. So mine is wrapped up for Jordan and I to enjoy today. We had a wonderful penne pasta dish that tasted like summer, in it was kalamata olives, toasted pine nuts, mozzarella, a little fontina, grape tomatoes, grilled onions and shallots, fresh basil and arrugula and prociutto. Mix in a little olive oil and season to taste. It was so yummie!

Here is a way Linda and I differ. When I had cable I watched a lot of the food network. I loved watching it but I never once cooked a dish from watching it, although I did try and master the cool whip dollop that I learned from one of the shows (nope, didn't master it). Linda on the other hand sees something she wants to try, prints out the recipe and makes it. So we also had pancetta fontina biscuits with a cinnamon butter side. She saw them make it on the food network that day. They were delish.

After we stuffed ourselves he headed over to the market to get ready for tango. Jennifer is out of town so Linda is overseeing things and there was a big order for today so they were prepping. So here I was sweeping, putting away chairs and filling condiment containers up. How did this happen? I came to tango, LOL. Actually Linda and I were there early because we missed last week's class having been recovering from our champagne brunch in Vegas while they were dancing. So we got a little one on one time with Ward, out instructor. Let me say, it really makes a difference partnering with someone who knows what they are doing. I actually fel somewhat competent. In fact, Ward got so excited by one of my moves he kissed me on the forhead, yay! Of course he also was saying what if I do this or I may do this and I spent the whole dance yelling at him, I'm not ready!

For class I wore my Dance your Ass off tank. It was a hit, LOL. I told Ward I wore it for him. One of the other guys asked me what other dances I do. I said pole dancing. He asked if that was the dance with little girls in costumes, I said, no, that is the dance with big girls topless, LOL. It was a wonderful day even though my feet were killing me. I'm still in search of the perfect dancing shoes. But it was fun to finally have some moves click for me.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

sounds like your kb training sass training gets some play. l like the idea that you're learning new moves!

Leiha said...

LOL, I have to keep up somehow!