It's hard out here for a pimp!

Ok, I'm not a pimp but I am a deli slicer and that's tough too! I'm doing some fill in work at the gorcery/cafe where I do tango lessons and let me tell you, I've never worked so hard in my life! From the moment I get in to the moment I leave I am on my feet. The good thing is the day flies by. Yesterday I didn't even get a break. Today I took one a half hour before I left just because I wanted my break so I could sit for a minute. I'm covering for one of the gals who is on vacation and Jennifer, the boss is also gone this week so poor Linda has only me. Really, Linda is the main reason I'm there, that and the free food, LOL. But literally, from the moment I get there until the time I leave I am working.

For example, today I made 8 trays of bacon, 3 trays of cookies, boiled eggs, sliced cheddar, swiss, provolone, gouda, pastrami, salami, roast beef and turkey (my arms are going to be huge) then went to work the counter during the lunch rush while Linda worked like a woman making the sandwhiches. I'm constantly asking Linda how much is this? What do I do here? It's a good thing I'm such excellent company for her, LOL. Then when the lunch rush was over I finished slicing and making cookies then had to clean the slicer and the kitchen and then by that time it's almost time to leave. I didn't even have time to finish cleaning the rest of the dishes because we had people trickling in constantly for sandwhiches.

I miss the days where my job consisted of playing on the internet all day long, LOL. But I am enjoying getting out of the house for a couple of days a week and I get tips, which is fun. Really, I should start wearing lower cut tshirts and higher cut shorts or maybe I could at least put a little lipstick on, LOL. There are so many regulars which I think is wonderful, they tell me what things cost! Of course I remember no one's name but I'm starting to remember faces and pretty soon I'll know their sandwhiches too. While I don't look forward to hard labor (and this is) I am having fun, even though I come home exhausted after my grueling 6 hours.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

You are so funny. I put myself through college being a bar wench, so I used to associate faces with drinks.

Is that Linda T you are talking about or another Linda?

Leiha said...

Yep, Linda T is my guiding light here in Portland, LOL. I have much respect for people in the food service business, that's for sure!