I've been spanked and not in a good way

Last night I had a wonderful time with my friend Brett and his family. I have known Brett since the days of Northwest Cable News which means it's been over 10 years. He lives in WA but turns out his mom lives the next town over so when he came down for Mother's Day he invited me over for game night. Brett loves the game night as much as I do. When I was home for the holidays he and his wife had us over and we were there until 1 or 2 in the morning cause we played so many games.

This was my first meeting with Brett's mom but there was nothing to worry about. She made me feel at home right away and let me say, their house was fabulous! Brett brought his son Brandon down as well as his sister Angela, her bf Ben and her daughter Pele so there was a houseful of us, including Sandra's hubby Ron. As soon as I walked in Ron had put a fishing video in for Brett, oh no! I hadn't even had a drink yet! Luckily it didn't last too long. We then moved into the kitchen to snack to our hearts content. I see where Brett gets his hosting abilities from. There was shrimp, guacomole, cheese, fresh fruit, crackers. I couldn't stop eating.

Then is was game time. It was Angela and Sandra against Brett and I. We were playing spades. I can't believe how bad our luck was. We started out behind and finally came back from the edge just to go backwards. I swear, I thought we were going to hit zero, LOL. I was quite impressed with the other team's play. There was nils and 10 for twos flying around which made for an exciting game. It would have been more exciting if we were the ones who won, LOL.

Next it was time for dinner. I had barely digested all of my snacking but you know I was up to the challenge. Dinner was made by Angela and it was awesome. We had homemade potatoe salad (who knew it didn't come in a tub?), huge salad and tuna steaks! I wish I would have had more room for seconds, LOL. What I did have room for was dessert! Angela made me the best banana split I had ever had! It was heaven in a bowl.

Brett went with the root beer float with a matching mustache. After that, more games! I wanted to give Bunco a try having never played it. I had heard of it before. Thought it would be fun. Turns out we couldn't really figure out how to play it so we put it away quickly and pulled the cards back out. This time Ben was Angela's partner. He's no Sandra, LOL. He does't have the cutthroatness that the rest of us had, LOL. He just wanted to play and we all wanted to win. At least Brett and I ended the night as victors, at 1am, LOL
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Your are Excellent. And so is your site! Keep up the good work. Bookmarked.
»

Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»