Sombreros and thongs

Sorry I missed posting last night, I was out celebrating Cinco de Mayo with Linda. Since this was a holiday and I was feeling quite nice I actually took the extra step of putting on makeup, I know, amazing, LOL. You all know how lazy I am. I even accessorized, gasp! So I met up with Linda and I was ravenous, it was good that the first party was only 5 minutes away. These friend's of Linda's are realtors and they have this party for their clients and friends. When you get there the give you this big old bingo sheets with 9 rows across and 9 rows down and you fill it out. It has all kinds of questions on it and you walk around trying to fing people to fill in your sheet with and get Bingo. Linda and I were so into it when we got into the elevator that we forgot to press the button. That was quite embarrassing when we ended up back on the first floor, LOL. There were questions like, who is wearing contacts, who's birthday is May 5th (that one was easy to answer when they brought out the cake, LOL), who was the ex-athlete, who has size 5 feet (couldn't find that one), who yodels? There were all kinds of questions and what a great ice breaker. We were talking to everyone. I fell under the doesn't drink coffee one but then someone else had that spot already filled and I wanted to help so I told people my best joke. It's not for everyone, a little dirty but what a great ice breaker, LOL. I would share with you but it's best told in person.

I had so much fun playing the game that I forgot to tell you that it was an open bar with bartenders! You know I love the open bars, LOL. I had an orange drop, which was a little too strong for my tastes, then I had a tangerine maragrita which I enjoyed and a watremelon one. They aslo had food and cake which I of course enjoyed as well. The big highlight for Linda was when one of the gals thought she had had work done because she looked so good! We had a good laugh over that one.

Unfortunately, we could not stay and so we didn't get bingo but they did have sombreros so I grabbed one of those on the way out. Honestly, if I would have seen it sooner I would have worn in for the party. The sombrero was definitely the icing on the cake of a fun party.

Next up we headed to Nordstrom's because they had a private shopping party going on and you know Linda is all over that. I swear, I will never be able to shop the same way again. Not only was there champagne (and really how decadent to walk around the store with a champagne glass in your hand) but there was shrimp and other appretizers and desserts too. Linda is a power shopper, her stuff is ready for her when she gets there. I was just enjoying the view. Until I got sucked into the makeup counter. So I ended up buying some new eye shadow, a line called TINte cosmetics. The owner was the one who did my makeup, how could I not support her? She tried to sell me on some gloss too but considering I had 4 glosses in my purse at that moment, it was easy for me to resist. The highlight of Nordstroms was they had a build your own thong stand! Linda told me about it and I rushed right over. How could I resist? I couldn't! The toughest part was picking your colors. I looked at some of the thongs that were done to try to decide but I went with my own color combo because I march to the beat of my own drum. I went with a blue base, hot pink straps and the crystal decoration. It was either that or the brazilian flag, LOL.


Linda got a black and pink combo. The funny thing is while we were waiting for our thongs to be made we totally wanted to get more. It's a dangerous thing that kind of power. I can't believe I almost forgot to mention the gifts with purchase. Linda shopped enough for me to get some gifts too, LOL, We got red sequined heart change purses, which I love! Right now my change floats at the bottom of my purse, I will so be using this. Then we got these big red wallets which I'm so going to use and I got a bright green umbrella which is perfect for me! Needless to say, I will be glued to Linda's side for every Nordstrom's party. I hear the Christmas one is the one to go to.

Next up was some friend's of Linda's (and really, who isn't a friend of hers?). Too bad I can't remember their names right now, LOL. This party was much more low key, a bunch of soccer moms but instead of soccer it was baseball but the food and drinks were great. I ate so much I couldn't drink, LOL. As people were leaving she had me tell my joke, LOL. Since I didnt' get to wear my sombrero earlier I totally did to this party. That was the highlight for me at this party, wearing my new sombrero. Now I need to find more occasions to wear it. I can't let it go to waste. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

2 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»