Friday Night Fid

When I was thinking about moving one of the places I thought about was Bend, OR because I have a great friend who lives there. Fid is actually one of my oldest friends. We were both stationed together in Korea way back when we were youngsters. Waaayy backk when (actually, I'm still a youngster compared to him, LOL). Anyways, I didn't end up moving to Bend but it's great being so close to him.

We don't see each other often but when we do see each other we have a blast. Of course, I would like a little more notice then what he gives me. He calls and wants to meet and of course, he wants to meet now and I'm in my PJs and half an hour away and since it was rush hour he was waiting over an hour, LOL. We met were I could leave my car and we went into Portland's Pearl District. I had given Linda a call when I was on my way to meet up with him but she didn't answer. It was 5pm on a Friday night, I figured that chick already had plans. Well she did but they had been cancelled so Linda met us at our favorite place, Andina. It's the peruvian restaurant with the sexay women drinks that we both love. I wanted Fid to check it out, plus, the last time I was there I was too full to eat much and I wanted to try more of the food, LOL.

Have I mentioned before how Linda knows everyone. Both Linda and Fid feel like they know each other. Linda has spent a lot of time in Bend and Fid used to own a bar there, appropriately called, Fiddys. Since there was no ice to break we all had a great time. There was lots of drinks and eats to be had. We decided to check out the other restaurant bars in the area since we were there and they were in walking distance. We hit two more bars but weren't ready to call it a night so we took Fid to open mic night at the market where Linda and I work. You think I'm not shy? I have nothing on him. He was up there singing up a storm. There was no screen for me and I can't remember the words without it so I didn't join him in his singing adventures, LOL.

Since we weren't ready for the party to end we went to a neighbor's house, this is, after all, a neighborhood market and did some karaoke there. Now that's the way to end an evening!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Anonymous said...

You guys look like you had an awesome time! He looks very cute too. I'm so glad you are having fun in your new area. Of course having Linda as your guide doesn't hurt, does it?

Nes said...

I love that picture! It looks like you and Linda had a great time with Fid. And Fid..... what a cutie!

Leiha said...

Linda definitely knows the city and everyone in it, LOL. Fid is a cutie, I can't believe how long I've known him. And besides being a cutie he makes me laugh and we always have a great time!