A Memorable Memorial Day

Sorry I'm late with my post, blame Linda, LOL. She called me up yesterday to see what I was doing. I was deciding whether to go to the movies to see XMen 3 because I was craving the popcorn and wanted to procrastinate what I really needed to be doing which was packing. So when she invited me over for leftovers and margaritas I was like a comic boook character I was out the door so fast! First I had to stop to pick up tequila for the ritas. If we were in Cali this would be simple, I could pick it up at the grocery store, drug store or even a mini-mart. Here I have to find a liqour store and I only know one which was of course, closed for the holiday. So Linda gave me directions over the phone which were pretty awesome and I did a great job of getting there considering I didn't write anything down. I just couldn't find the liqour store. I called Linda to let her know so she told me the address and I literally was right there so I got out at the produce store (since I needed limes anyways) and asked and it was literally on the other side of the store, the entrance I did not come in. To be fair, the liqour store could not be seen from the direction I came in, LOL. But now that the minor disaster was averted I was back on track!

Linda had BBQd chicken the other day so we were having that along with grilled and roasted veggies with a choice of two aioli sauces and we also made nachos and Linda had the best homemade guacamole I had ever had. It had zing, whereas most homemade guac is a little bland. Of course, to top it all off we had ritas! Linda had picked up some flavored mixers at William Sonoma when we were shopping the other day and lucky me, I got to try out the new flavors with her. First on the bill was ruby red grapefruit, I swear, you couldn't taste the tequila and I saw her pouring it in! It was yummmie! Next up was mango and it was even better! After that we went up to the store to visit with Jennifer which is a good thing because if we were at her house I would have been tempted to eat more, even though I was a thin wafer away from maximum overload and of course I would have been tempted to try out the other two flavors, lemon meringue and key lime. Guess we'll have to save those for another day, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

3 Mannions Speak :

Nes said...

Those margaritas sounds yummy chick! When I was in Mexico I tried out every flavor they had. I'm gonna see if they have them here in Holland, or you'd have to bring some with you!

Rosie said...

Sounds like a very cool day, chick. Now I want to know more about the two types of aioli. You know how much I love to make the Italian food. Do tell!!

Leiha said...

Well the williams sonoma mix is expensive but I'll find something for us to mis our tequila with, LOL.

The aiolis were a lemonaise and a garlic herb lemon flavored one. I kept going back and forth over which one was my favorite, basically whichever one I was dipping in at the time!