Vacuuming sucks!

When your vacuum doesn't suck. I woke up from my nap I decided it was time to vacuum. I had rug furballs all over the place. First thing I did was grab a vacuum bag. I noticed the last time I vacuumed it wasn't really working too well. I sat down to change bags and noticed a thing in the front that said change the bag when it was red, it was green so I was like, cool, don't have to change the bag. I proceed to vacuum and vaccuum and vacuum barely picking up anything. When the leaves of my ficus can't be picked up using the wand tool I know something is wrong. I open the vaccum and the bag is full to bursting. The leaves can't even fit in the bag! So I change the bag out, unfortunately, I bougt the wrong bag but I make it fit, LOL. So I continue to vacuum but I it still was not suctioning up anything. I was working up a sweat vacuming the same spot. Unfortunately, I don't own a broom because I felt like all I was doing was pushing everythign around. Finally I got so fed up I just used my swiffer to push it out the door but I didn't get to vacuum my bathroom which really needs it because that is where the majority of the shedding happens. So I swiffered the bathroom which means I pushed around the hair, LOL. I think I'm going to buy a broom for now, I don't want to buy a new vacuum. I will of course have to buy a vacuum eventually but it's not a high priority *G*.

I was going to order delivery today because yes, I'm just that lazy, LOL but then I remembered I had shrimp in the freezer and I was able to scrounge up some pasta so I sauteed that up with some peas and lima beans that were buried behind the ice in my freezer. Whew, another day without a trip to the grocery store, score!

I will have to leave tomorrow. I have books to mail, I'm running out of water, shampoo and toilet paper and most importantly, it's payday and I need to go deposit my check, LOL. I may get ambitious and buy some food while I'm out and about but let's not hold our breaths.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

12 Mannions Speak :

Aimee Elizabeth said...

Uhm,Chic?
The vacuum may just be clogged from the bag being too full LOL

I have had to sweep rugs before, and I know you won't like it because it takes a LOT of energy!

I'm so sorry you are going to have to leave your den tomorrow... *snort*

sparkle said...

Leiha, Repeat after me....

"Leaving the House is a Good Thing!" Having been housebound after surgery, believe me you need the interaction!! LOL It helps you keep your edge! Plus, fresh food is better! How else would I be making a strawberry puff pancake for dinner?

What do you mean you don't own a broom???? LMAO

Bo said...

Ha,I did that with my vaccum last time,and all it needed was a new belt and for me to realize the filter was clogged *snort* It does suck though.I almost bought on eof those Roomba things at Christmas b/c Sears had them on sale for like $179.Everytime I think about getting one,though,hubs and I have the same thought-'What about the corners?' Because I think if you still have to do the corners,screw that,LOL!

Don't you hate it how everything seems to run out at the same time? You'd better check your laundry soap,dish soap,and deodorant before you go,too! *G*

Leiha said...

Girl, I changed the bag and it's still not working right! My rug is too thick to sweep but I don't walk on it much, I just have to pick up my hair balls, LOL. At least I'm mentally prepared to leave, LOL.

Girl, I'm leaving the house tomorrow night! Now that's easy, LOL. The problem with me is, by the time I'm ready to shower and leave the house it's naptime and guess which takes priority? I'm going to try to get moving first thing in the morning, wish me luck, LOL. Why do I need a broom if I vacuum? The answer would be, if the vacuum doesn't work, LOL.

I did pull the hair and the rug balls from the bottom of the vacuum. Even the wand is not suctioning so I don't know what it is. I thought about the roomba too but I just don't think it would be efficient and the few times I vacuum I do want to do a good job, LOL. Thanks for the reminder, my deodarant is running low too!

Chez said...

LOL at never leaving the house. You will become a hermit and have to start not washing and let's face it, you could not do the stink.

Best investment I have made this year was a cordless rechargeable carpet sweeper thingy that is my major blessing. It's much lighter and since I have flat carpet works wonderfully. Have to confess that the dreaded MIL told me about it and have to give her full kudos as I love it to bits. Much better than dragging the big vacuum around and picks up cat hair beautifully.

NancyB said...

Leiha - There is a tube that runs from the sucker part at the bottom of the vacume to the bag. I think that is what Aimee was talking about. I have had that tube clog for me, I take the bottom of the vacume off, take out the beater thing and pull out any gunk stuffed up that hole. Then go to where the bag connects and pull out any gunk in that hole. That should get any clogs out - although I do remember having to stick a broomstick up the hose once to get the colgs out. New rugs are a bitch on vacumes!
I have a broom... it is in my car. Why is it in my car you ask? Well when it snowed I had to brush off the car. I keep thinking I need to bring it in... but, well, you know (insert shruging shoulders here) LOL

Melissa said...

I bought a bagless vaccuum, which was nice at first, you just dump the container thing after vaccuuming.
But it broke some other way anyway. I have terrible luck with vaccuums. My Mom still has my Grannie's old vaccuum that looks like a space-age-weenie-dog, you know, low and long and silver.

Or maybe it's just the old "they don't make 'em like they used to" thing.

Sorry I missed the contest, I love the Plum books (I just don't like her other books).

Rosie said...

Man, that sucks about the vacuum. I've had my share of troubles too. You may just have to dig up in the thing and get it unclogged. So that may just be a minor thing. Hopefully!!

Your shrimp and pasta sounds yummy. You always come up with cool throw-togethers! *G*

Have fun on your shopping/errand day.

Hugs and smooches!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty happy with my Dirt Devil that i picked up at Target. It's ridiculously loud but it has good suction and is bagless. Yay. I don't think it was very expensive either.

Leiha said...

I do have a sensitive nose Chez, good point, LOL. That cordless rechargeble thing sounds great but it won't work on my rug, it's a thick rug:(

Alright chick, I will be checking out the hose and see if it's clogged up. At least my vacuum is in the house, LOL.

Welcome back Missi! I've been wondering when you would start posting again. I think those old ones were definitely made better. Sorry you missed Janet.

Girl, I cook out of desperation, LOL.

Well mine wasn't expensive either but not so reliable. I think mine is a bissell. Good to know about the DD.

Anonymous said...

Vacuum? What's that? LOL j/k! Anyways chica, I just got a myspace page and sent you a friends request, so if you see a request from dominicana, thats me :D!

Leiha said...

Good thing you told me chick because I deny people I don't recognize. Welcome to myspace chick!