I have to say...

booksignings are exhausting! I am totally pooped and I had a good nap before Brenda got here. She left work early and got here shortly after 4. The signing was at 7 but they were scheduled to give out tickets for the line at 5pm. We sat around for a few minutes chatting and then went to the bookstore, we got there 10 minutes after 5 and were customers # 152 & 153, hello, they started giving out tickets at 4, how rude! After we got our books and tickets we went to dinner at a Bistro next door. Our waiter was a bit of a sourpuss. Needless to say, his tip reflected that, LOL.

I had a lobster and shrimp pasta with a wedge salad and Brenda had a salad with chicken and we split an artichoke spinach dip.
That was my fave part of the meal. I ate so much of that and my salad I didn't eat much pasta but that means leftovers for tomorrow, woo hoo!

Then we headed over to linen n things since we still had time to kill. I didn't need anything, that is, until I saw the corkscrews. I do need a corkscrew. I don't drink a lot of wine but it's still embarrassing when someone brings over some wine and I need to use my swiss army knife to open it, LOL. And since I was buying that I also picked up a stopper for champagne since I like to buy sparkling wine but don't usually drink more then a glass. Then we happened upon a clearance section, I bought some hand towels for 50 cents (so what if they are xmas themed, I'll be using them year round, LOL) and I found my favorite score of the night, a candle holder that holds 14 tea lights that was the perfect length for my coffee table all for the low low price of $1! SCORE! Of course, then I spent $5 on tea lights, LOL.

After we dropped our goodies off at the car we went back to the bookstore to wait to get our books sign, and wait, and wait some more, LOL. The signing started at 7pm and we didn't get out until 8:30pm and she didn't even do a talk (which I was happy about). She doesn't sign much more then her name but hey, I got the pic! My tatas look fab, of course! Now I'm home and ready to take a bubble bath and crawl into bed and read for a bit while poor Brenda has to make the trek back home. Oh well, she's a huge fan so she was happy, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Honey you are slipping if there aren't any piccies of your and Janet, nor the food! In fact, I am most surprised at the lack of food piccies LOL. Bargains sound good.

Anonymous said...

I get extremely annoyed when they change the rules, or even worse, have no rules, for book signings. A few years back, I took Katie (Brendan was too little) to meet Tomie DePaolo who is a children's book author and illustrator. They handed out a certain color card when you went into the store, and then said they would call the color over the loudspeaker. Of course I proceeded to browse because it seemed like they had a good system. Well, after a while, I noticed they weren't calling anything. We go back to that part of the store, and there is a huge line! We didn't have to go to the back of the whole line, but we did have to go to the end of our color line.

I like the idea of numbers tho. That way there's no mistaking.

Way to go on the bargains.

Nes said...

Haha.. I was wondering the same thing. Where are the pics of the food?! And during the booksignings. Chick, the camera horny award is slipping through your fingers!

I can't believe you don't have a corkscrew! However, opening a bottle with your swiss army knife is cooler than with a corkscrew *grins*.

I love my vacu vin wine stopper. It preserves my precious red liquid. Good call on buying one!

LOL@the candles!!

Sounded like you and Brenda had a great time yesterday.

Bo said...

Yes,I can still see my feet,LOL!!

Major deal on the candle holder,way to go! Sounds cool.

Hey,if I can use my shamrock dishtowels year-round you can use your Xmas themed,EG!

Damn that was a long wait for a booksigning! of course,I've only ever been to one,so I don't have a good comparison,LOL.I had to wait about 2 hours for Sherri,that was nothing.One of these days I will go to the RWA signing,I know I would go crazy!

I want to see pics of the lobster & shrimp pasta,it sounds gooood.

Leiha said...

LOL, I was tired last night! Don't worry, I updated:)

Yeah, we were a little ticked ourselves because we were just shooting the shit at my house when we could have gotten our tickets sooner. They did colored cards at LKH, I like the numbered signings too. It was well organized, other then the fact they gave away tickets sooner then they said!

Girl. I don't drink wine and sparkling wine I don't need one, I just pop the cork! I got the corkscrew for my guests because I'm just that kind of hostess!

LOL Bo, I was just wondering! I still think you should treat yourself to a professional pedi, you deserve it.

With Sheri, I can totally understand, she talks to everyone but JE is not really a chatty kind of gal. That line should have moved much quicker, LOL.