A new discovery!

Leiha is busy working tonight so her emergency blogger is here to save the day! Leiha told me about this new store that is carrying Sarah Jessica Parker's new clothing line. Not only that but their clothes come in my size and nothing is over 20.00! She checked to see if there was one in Atlanta, but alas the closest one to her is in Athens... I might have to encourage her to take that trip. She also found out they were opening a brand new store in the same mall as my Borders - the grand old Everett Mall. OK it is not grand... but it is old and a mall.

Leiha and I were talking about it today and since I had to stop at the mall to pick up a book I told her I would do some reconnaissance work today. Hence:

THE ODE TO STEVE & BARRY'S
I walked in and was really enjoying the Sarah Jessica Parker line - t-shirts, shorts, tanks, bras, jammies, flip flops.... and as promised all the clothes came in my size and were under (most way under) $20. I had settled on two t-shirts to try when I noticed a bunch of people taking the elevator... OH NO... there was a second floor with way more stuff!!! Jeans (that did not look like ass) for $14.95, denim jackets for $16, chinos for $15 - more t-shirts, tanks, swimsuits....You get the picture - everything a girl needs. I was expecting everything to be $19.99 since they advertise under $20 and was very pleasantly surprised. Here is my booty - keep in mind I quit shopping because I thought I had spent too much money.... (I am sorry there are not more pictures but my stupid Kodak program froze up 4 times and I finally yelled uncle).2 pair of work out pants - the black ones were $10.98 and the pink ones (my favorites) were $3.99

Cute pink t-shirt $7.98 Purple scoop neck t-shirt (my favorite for working out so you stay cool) $7.98 Adorable pink skirt - it has 2 layers of pink cotton fabric and will be perfect for summer, kind of like a peasant skirt. I have to have someone look at me in it though, I might just look like a giant pink balloon - hopefully with a cute white top it will be fine. $3.99 Yes - you read all those prices right, I made it out of the store with 2 shirts, 2 work out pants, and a skirt for just pennies under 35.00!!! This could be an addiction, my only saving grace is I am trying to hold off buying new clothes till I am closer to my goal weight... or my clothes start to fall off (tee-hee).

Nancy B
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

10 Mannions Speak :

Chez said...

Wow, you are Sooooooper shopper today. That is a great haul for not too much moula. Well done. Although I like the black pants more than the pink, but that is because I think the colour pink is the colour of all evil. You know, thinking about that makes me realise that I was obviously traumatised by Barbie as a child. Yaaay now I have someone to blame ...Barbie.

Leiha said...

Thanks for pinch hitting for me chick! I didn't want the mannions to not have anything new for 2 days in a row!

I am so jealous that we don't have a Steve and Barry's here. Honestly, I had never heard of them before this, smart of them to get SJP to design a line for them and so affordable! The next time you go you should take pics, it'll help motivate me for the road trip, LOL.

$3.99 for workout pants and they're pink too! I think you may need to pick some up for me! That's insane! $3.99 for a pink skirt too? OK, Dao and I will have to squeez a road trip into our very near future!

SCORE on the clothes chick!

Leiha said...

LOL Chez, as you can see, I was not traumatized by my Barbie! Of course, I still wish I had her tits, wait, they were big and plastic, I just want the big part! LOL!

Aimee Elizabeth said...

you totally earned those new rags chic! I just saw you not too long ago and you are looking GREAT!

I haven't heard of that line of clothes, I need more summer stuff so I'll check it out, see if we have one here :)

Dang it Chez, you just ruined my self image, I have been telling everyone I am a Barbie girl! Does this mean we can't be friends?
*snort*

Rosie said...

Wow, what a load, Nancine! That's an awesome amount of clothes you got, and they all sound (and look) cool. I love the pink workout pants. If Leiha is sending you to get her some, I may need some myself. LOL. I checked the website and Nevada doesn't even have a damned store! Rats!!! But, there is one in Ohio and I plan on hitting it when I go to visit the fam. (Of course, I'll have to bring an extra piece of luggage, LOL).

Bo said...

Those are awesome prices,especially for the jeans! I can't believe you can still buy jeans for under $20 in this country,LOL! Even the ones I get at Walmart cost like $22,and they fade within a couple months,not good for black.*G*

I think Chez has hit on something,as I hate girly pink too-it must be Barbie's fault,LOL.

sparkle said...

Nancine! I like SJP's clothing line! Though I think you like the name "Bitten" as well!! LOL You know she does do shoes as well? In fact they had some on the View today! Very cool peep-toe wedges!!

I myself, have never had a problem with Barbie! Of course with a nickname "Sparkle Barbie" from friends up here who believe that everyone has a Barbie name! I embrace my inner "Pink" and so should you because it LOOKS GREAT ON US!! LMAO (On you too Leiha! MWAH!)

Anonymous said...

Hey we have a Steve and Barry's close to me! Yay!
Thanks for checking it out! Looks like you scored big time. Wonder if they have my size? Hmm... I sense a shopping trip to spend my hard earned dollars. When I'm not too tired from working. *Sigh*

Leiha said...

Linda, I saw those shoes on The View too and told Nance to check them out, she said she couldn't find them but she saw someone with them so she will be going back, LOL. Yes, I agree, I'm all about embracing my inner Barbie!

Sara, besides the price, one of the best things about SJP's new line is it carries everything from 2-22. Clothes for everyone!

Anonymous said...

Great finds, Nanner! I saw SJP on Oprah and saw a bit of her fashion show and liked what she had and ya gotta like those prices, too. I checked the store locator and there are 5 stores here--so very cool, that.

I forgot to tell you---Great Garden! The rotten swine chipmunks ate my first sun gold tomatoes! Grrrrr, the li'l finks!

You're a fabulous guest blogger, btw! (((HUGS)))