Going to bed at 5:30am is...

a bad thing, LOL. I was up all night and well into the morning reading LKH's newest. Once the action got going I couldn't put it down. I'm lucky that I work from home so I don't have an alarm clock, I'm unlucky that I have a body clock. My body let me sleep an extra whole hour so I got 3 1/2 hours sleep, woe is me, LOL.

First off, I have to say, this picture does break my heart. How can you look at it and not be sad? But, I AM happy that Paris is back in jail. Her comment when the judgement came down was "no fair". I'm sorry but why would it not be fair? What is not fair to her is the fact that she is not being treated like the Queen she thought she was. She has to do the time. I highly doubt she will do anywhere close to the days she was assigned for but 3 days was ridiculous. AND for some reason 3 days counts as 5 anyway and her time at home counts. As for the sheriff he had a press conference and this is what he had to say:

Baca cited jail crowding and what he described as Hilton's "severe medical problems" in his decision. Baca says Hilton received a more severe sentence than the usual penalty for such a crime, but he said he would not try to overrule the judge's decision again.

Excuse me! If the jail is so overcrowded why is she in a cell by herself? Don't they have a medical facility in the jail? That's where other sick inmates go AND it's not his decision to overrule the judge! If he thought the sentencing was harsh, tough sh*t! His job is to enforce the law and the judge specifically said no home detention. I hope they bring the smackdown on him!

Alright, enough of that BS, I just wanted to follow up on my post from yesterday. Today my plan with Brenda was to eat Vietnamese for lunch, go shopping and then eat Korean buffet for dinner. She had some egg rolls which are WAY better then any chinese egg rolls you've ever had (they are filled with meat, not cabbage) and then we ordered a big bowl of pho and a bowl of Bun (pork and shrimp vermicelli). Now when I say a big bowl, that would not be considered an understatement. We didn't do justice to the soup even splitting it and then we had our bun which she loved. We had enough leftovers for her to bring home to Mr BAM to try. We knew if we couldn't finish our lunch there's no way we could do the korean buffet so we altered our plans. I had just read the other day about an asian dessert place with a shaved ice dessert that just happens to be right next to the Super H mart! If we were going to eat Korean later on we needed precious stomach room but since we were not, on to dessert we went!

I thought this was the korean dessert I had when I lived in LA but it was slightly different. That had ice cream and whipped cream and a different kind of ice and when it all melted together it got even better but this one was fun too. The shaved ice was very creamy, like a mix between ice and ice cream and then they put all kinds of toppings on it, we went with the traditional korean style but they also have a bunch of other choices (like orea cookies) and covered with sweetened condensed milk.An even closer look at this tasty goodness. It's loaded with fresh fruit and red bean and various other tasty treats. It was a delicious light treat that we could not come close to finishing but we certainly tried! BTW, they also do crepes and they look awesome! They shape the crepe like a cone and stuff it with ice cream and whatever else you want! I will be trying those too and will of course, let you know about it. I wanted to take more pics while there so you could see the process but my batteries were running out.

After our wonderful dessert off we went to Super H to load up on produce and other stuff, Brenda was totally excited to get the fresh squid, she's going to make calimari, I can't wait to find out how it turns out. Orginially we thought about going to IKEA since she had never been but it was in downtown and getting close to rush hour so we went to the bookstore instead where she went crazy, LOL. I of course, had to show her my name in Jenna's new book which she had to buy of course! Dang, I forgot to sign it! I'll have to do that the next time I go to her house, LOL.

It's summertime so you know what that means? It's cucumber salad time! I made some last weekend and ate it for days, I love it with everything. I've already made a batch tonight, it reminds me of my summer with Nes. I'm bummed I'm not eating my salad side by side with her! I think Nes needs to come stay with me for a month. Just something to think about:)
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Brenda, that is a great picture of you, girl!!

The food looks so yummy. I love shaved ice desserts. I'm gonna have breakfast now before my stomach eats itself inside out!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys certainly have a wide variety of food likes. We're picky at our house LOL Though I must admit, it's lack of exposure, not us just being picky.

That dessert did look yummy. I'd have definitely tried that one.

Nes said...

*sigh* The closer it gets to the 28th, the more I'm reminiscing....

I wish I could be with you for a month this summer...

Cucumber salads, vodka cran, margaritas, sangria de cava, karaoke, our piercings... so much to remember. It was one of my best summers evah!

I hope you and Brenda had a wonderful time and that dessert looks wicked!

I love you, Leiha! MWAH!

sparkle said...

Cucumbers and more cucumbers! Leiha, it's time to post the recipe again!!

I'm glad that Paris had to go back! We will see how long she stays in this time!

I'm assuming that Nancine is this weeks Sunday blogger and I will be next week??? By then I will have some adventures as I can drive again...I hope! And PC will be in town!! Aimee????

Leiha said...

That dessert was so yummy! My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Sara, time to expand your eating horizons. You may not like everything but I bet you will find things that you like. BAM always picks up something new at the market to try and cook.

I know, me too! I swear, I can't believe it's almost been a year! The great thing is we know we'll be seeing each other again! I love you too chick!

I need to call Nancine to remind her she's blogging tonight. You get to drive today don't you? Yay for mobility! Have a great time with PC!