Not much happening today...

I did give myself a mani/pedi, you know how that aways makes me feel better. When my toes are looking good, I'm looking good. Then Dao and I went out to eat for a late lunch/early dinner. I really do need to get myself to the grocery store soon. All I bought yesterday were grapes and water (I was in a hurry) so before Dao and I went to eat I had grapes and a Special K bar, LOL. Part of the reason I can survive (barely) without shopping is that D and I go one place for the Bun and then we go next door, where our friend Christine works for food for later, LOL. I love her food because it tastes like home cooking. Stuff my mom would make. Today I got a duck noodle soup with bamboo to go. I love bamboo and my mom used to cook the hell out of it but I just haven't figured out how to. Good thing Christine has, LOL. So at least I know tomorrow I have one or two meals to look forward to.

I just finished reading CJ Barry's Unmasked. I am not usually a big fan of futuristics but I really enjoyed this. Apparently she also writes contemporaries as Samantha Graves so I will have to check it out. If anyone else has read her as SG, I'd love to hear what you think. Not that I should be buying new books, LOL.

Today I downloaded some new songs. I like the new Enrique Iglesias song Do You Know What it Feels Like? I also downloaded the Escape Song by Rupert Holmes, Umbrella by Rihanna, Promiscuous Girl by Nelly Furtado, Hey there Delilah by Plain White T's, How to Save a Life by the Fray and Irreplaceable by Beyonce. I'm very excited tomorrow to hit the road and listen to my new tunes. I may even be generous to Nancy and send her a couple, LOL.
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

5 Mannions Speak :

Sarah said...

How to save a life is our song this week! The kids luurve it, so do I! I also quite like the umbrella song, so terribly, terribly, catchy..ella ella eh eh...

Bo said...

Beyonce has such a great voice,I love her.I could hate her,too,for being so beautiful,LOL.That Nelly Furtado song is good.She does good duets,too,I think-my Tomb Raider soundtrack has one called "Get Ur Freak On" feat. her & Missy Elliot.

I need to do a pedi for myself,they are quite ugly these days with all that chipped polish.

Grocery shopping is in order here,too.*sigh*

Nes said...

Hey chick, a quick fly by...

First off, drive carefully, ok, grandama? LOL.

And I'm gonna do a pedi tomorrow too. It's about damn time.

We need to exchange some musics. I want a few yours.

Have fun today and hopefully, I'll catch you later tonight!

MWAH!

Rosie said...

Cool choices on songs, chick. I may have to take your lead . . .

I'm glad you found all the food you can enjoy in Atlanta. That's cool too that you have a couple of pals to enjoy all that food with. I'm thinking I may need to find bun for dinner while the DH is gone. Then I can get the kiddies a burger or pizza. Hmm, good idea.

Hugs and smooches!!

Leiha said...

I love that song Sarah. I think I know it from the tv show Scrubs, which I am a big fan of. I don't know the umbrella song but decided to check it out.

Honestly I am not a fan of Beyonce but I heard this song on the radio the other day and really enjoyed it.

Girl, can you still see your feet? Maybe you should treat yourself to a professional pedi with some of the money from your BIL.

LOL, yes, I drive like a grandma but I get there! I'm still waiting for some new music from you so yes, we can do an exchange, LOL.

Rosie, I hope that you got your bun. Dao and I eat it about once a week. I don't know why they bother giving us a menu, LOL.