Since it was raining...

when we left Cozumel we ended up going through a storm. It was a rough night and since I had spent the day drinking tequila it was rough on my belly as well. I was feeling a little natious but not too bad, thank goodness! I was worried I wouldn't be able to sleep with all of the rocking going on, we were at the tail section so we felt everything! Luckily, I have a cast iron stomach and as for my sleep worries, well, nothing to worry about. I think I fell asleep within a minute, LOL.

Thursday was our day at sea and the plan was to lay out. Well, the gods were against us because as soon as we finally made it on deck it started to rain, that would explain why all of the lounge chairs were available, LOL. We did make it to 80s trivia which was lame (mainly because we lost, LOL). They only asked 15 questions. We got 10 correct. The winner had 13 correct answers.

We blew off Renzo the night before, again so we were not looking forward to seeing him in the dining room but we had to go, it was our last night and we had to see our boys. We were running late and they were so happy to see us when we walked in. You know we had fun with each other. Each night at dinner the waitstaff would sing a song or one night they danced a congo. Herold and Sudan were leading the dance and you know we were the first ones to join the congo. Unfortunately, that was the day we had all of the tequila. We went around the dining room 3 rimes and I was totally exhausted by the time the song was done, LOL. It was totally fun though and it was always fun watching the boys sing. Just another reason why it's a fun ship.
We had a couple of apple martinis at dinner and then we stopped at the piano bar. It was lame, the guy spent more time talking then singing. One apple martini there and it was back to see Music Asia. It was more full this time which is cool. We want Music Asia to get good word of mouth which they must have. Lots of people dancing. We sat at the bar and waved to the band when we came in. So we're there for a few and Su decides it's shot time, ugh! They didn't have the good stuff so we drank something or another, LOL. Then I wanted to dance but Su would only dance if I agreed to do another shot. I really wanted to dance. But we agreed after a couple of songs we would do another. Renzo had come over from the club next door to pick up some drinks so he bought us some shots so we ended up drinking 2 more shots of tequila and later on that night when we went to his club he made us 2 more of his specialty drinks. I can't believe I didn't have a hangover!

We had so much fun dancing with the band. I was taking pics while they were playing and they were hamming it up.



Of course they weren't the only hams, LOL. Between sets a couple of the band members came over to chat with us. They were such nice guys and totally humble. We told them they had to make a cd so we could buy it. Then we moved over to chat with Boy Cruz (the older bass player) and we were telling him how he was our favorite, especially when he started singing Hotel California. Then the drummer came over, we called him Steve Perry. It was cool because we already had our comment cards filled out so we showed them that we had already written them up. While we were chatting they invited me to come onstage and sing a song. I tried to tell them to take Vivi, she could really sing but when they went up she was talking to the music director so up I went. I told them I would sing back-up, even though I was standing center stage with a mic already in my hand (these guys move fast). Then they wanted to know what I wanted to sing. I drew a big blank since they mostly sing rock songs. Then they asked me if I knew Dancing Queen, hello? Do I know Dancing Queen? LMAO! So I sang onstage with my very own band! Unfortunately, Su was too busy rocking out to my version of it to take my pic. She says my mic wasn't on but I could hear myself over the instruments so I knew it was. As if that wasn't awesome enough, one of the last songs they sang was Hotel California and they dedicated it to Coco! It was so cool and when Boy started singing we bowed down to him which totally tickled him. It was a wonderful way to end our trip. Of course, we went up and grabbed some pizza before we headed to bed. We had to get up early to disembark and it was 2am, you know I was going to be hurting in the mornin but it was so worth it!
Share on Google Plus

About Leiha

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

9 Mannions Speak :

sparkle said...

Can't believe there are no pics of the Dancin' Queen singing Dancing Queen! glad you made by to see all of the boys! Waiters, Band etc!

NancyB said...

You know why you didnt have a hangover? Because your good friend Vivi gets the munchies after drinking and made you have the 2am pizza! What a great friend.

I would have loved to have seen your Dancing Queen, hummmm 1:30 am - Tequilla and Vodka all day... hummm Is it a good thing they dont make anyone walk the plank on cruise ships?

Bo said...

Ooh,I think I would've loved Music Asia,you know I love rock.Of course I am an ABBA fan,too,LOL.How cool that they came & talked to you & then you were up onstage,even!

Losing at 80's trivia would make me totally bent,LOL.Hubby came home with an 80's game from a yard sale one day & has refused to play it with me after the first time,as I trounced his ass,HA! *G* As long as it's music or tv/movie 80's stuff,I usually do pretty well.

I shudder at all the TQ shots,but at least you didn't get hungover,woohoo!

Leiha said...

I know! I can't believe it either, LOL.

Well, I was also chugging water like crazy once we got to the room but I'm sure the greasy pizza certainly helped. It's definitely a good thing they didn't make us walk the plank, then again, we could blame te rocking of the ship for the wobbliness, LOL.

Bo, you would have had such a great time with the band! I've been singing Journey in my head just because they did such a great version of it. I'm usually pretty good at 80s trivia but we didn't know things like, GI Joe's motto and the age of the hostess. I think I was too tired to be hungover when I woke up, LOL.

Su-hura (Toast on the Side) said...

Dang my drunk ass!! Too much tequila and I forget to do my job! Did you know that alcohol impairs thinking? Who knew??? I forgot we even had a camera until you pulled it out later.

It was so wonderful seeing you up there in all your glory!! Next time (and I know there will be a next time), I'll staple the camera to my hand! :)

Leiha said...

It was understandable, you were enjoying the show, who can blame you, LOL. I went to the post office today and Coco was tickeled I used her name, LOL.

Rosie said...

Oh my god, you sang to Dancing Queen? How appropriate for you!! I sure wish there was at least a pic or some video to share.

Sounds like a fun and exciting night for you and Su. All in all, it sounds like it was a fun trip. The band sounds like they were great to hang with. Glad you gals had a blast!!

Hugs and smooches!

Melissa said...

We've experienced at least one night of rough seas on both our cruises. Ugh, I get so sick. Glad you didn't.

What fun you up there singing with the band. I do wish there had been video of that.

Glad you enjoyed yourself.
I can't wait for November!

Leiha said...

We were going to make a video of the band playing but I couldn't figure out how to work my movie function, LOL. We were lucky to get pics!

That sucks that you got sick Missi. Lots of people got sick when we left Mexico judging by the amount of dirty stinky sheets in the hallway the next day, LOL. Hopefully your Nov cruise will be smooth sailing for you.