Take a tour of my yard with me

Your guest blogger Nancy B :)

Last weekend I was lucky enough to do a drive by visit to Aimee. She is one busy chick. The only sad part was that I was only able to stay for about 45 minutes - Not nearly enough time! Her greenhouse was full of beautiful flowers, and customers kept wandering through as my parents walked around exclaiming about how beautiful all her plants were. They were VERY impressed - And Aimee - I should let you know they are planning to come over next spring with the camper and load up... I will warn you before they surprise you!

Aimee being the generous gal she is sent me home with plants for both of the planters on my deck and front porch. Here is how beautiful they all look. Jake says thank you for the long spiky plants, he thinks they are his personal play toys - I hope I can keep him out of the pots long enough for the other plants to grow! The poor inpatients just need a few weeks and they will be as full and lush as the other 2 containers. I will keep you posted on them.How gorgeous are the nasturtiums? They are one of my most favorite flowers - you can eat both the flowers and the leaves - they taste a little bitey. When I was a kid, dad would throw them in our salads -Dad made the woman working with Aimee taste them LOL.

While I am on a roll I thought I would show you some other pretty stuff in the yard... Roses, Delphiniums, and Apples. (I also have plum trees but they arent that pretty for photos yet.) Please note in the background the lawn is mowed - I found out mowing the lawn is so much easier now that I have been working out!
Well... that is latest tour of my yard. Remember everyone, the door is always open at my house - you all are welcome any time... I will even supply they gardening tools!
Share on Google Plus

About NancyB

I love to eat and sleep. One thing is more fun to blog about than the other. In between eating and sleeping I love to travel, spend time with my family and talk about myself. :)
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

8 Mannions Speak :

Leiha said...

Nancy, your new plants look gorgeous! I love how the planters look. I love the fact that everything is blooming. I did my own bit of gardening today, I bought a bouquet of flowers at Trader Joe's and put them in a vase, talk about exhausting!

Rosie said...

Hey Nancy, I love the planters. The flowers are beautiful!! You've done a great job on all of your pretties in the garden. I'd love to check out Aimee's plants. I have a tendency to get lost in nurseries! LOL.

Again, very beautiful gardening, Nancy.

Hugs!

sparkle said...

Nancy, The planters look great! Looks like you will have some great tomatoes! Pasta salad MMMM! My planters are doing well too. Though, if I'm gone a couple of days, they want water ASAP when I get back!!!

Sarah said...

Your garden is gorgeous chick. I loved seeing the delphiniums, so pretty! Everything is dead or in the throes of here at the moment. We do have new lawn though, that is kinda exciting, no more bare ground!

NancyB said...

Thanks for the yard kudos everyone :) You will notice the pictures were taken from very specfic angles so you couldnt see the rest of the mess! Last night I went home with every intention of doing a little upkeep on the yard... but we all know I didnt do it, but tonight I have to water the containers. I am working really hard on not killing my plants this year.

Aimee Elizabeth said...

They look awesome chic! I'm so glad they survived the trip home for you.
Did I give you too many, or did they all fit ok? I can't wait to see how they look in about 2 weeks, because they look awesome already!

Thanks for showing how they turned out!

MWAH!

Nes said...

Nance! Your garden looks wonderful! And you even know the names of the flowers and plants! I don't even know what's blooming in mine. LOL.

Great job chick! It looks absolutely fabulous.

Leiha said...

Nes, weeds are blooming in yours!